7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Season 24 week 20 processing ... Empty
PostSubject: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 7:50 am

Welcome to week 20 of the season.

Good luck to everybody who needs it this week.

Slightly different processing system for me today, instead of opening all the envelopes at once, I'm opening them one at a time and processing it before opening the next.

Charlton are first to be opened and in the house.
Leicester are next.
Plymouth are in the house as well.
Birmingham are opened.
Inverness are next up.
Barcelona are here.
Inter Milan have arrived by coach.

Rob wishes me good luck in the Copa Libertadores, I think I'm gonna need it  cheers

Inter Milan have just agreed a deal with Aston Villa whereby Villa will become the Italian club's feeder club next season, replacing Boca Juniors. Rob is looking to takeover and be in charge for the pre-season.

Man City are in the house.
and last envelope tobe opened is from Watford.

so no orders this week from Newcastle, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Schalke.

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:40 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:33 am

Are all orders in Paul?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:15 am

Nothing from me sorry been on hols.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:31 pm

Bad timing on my part I've just realised that Santos have to play Flamengo this week in the league, in a match that may well decide the title race, in the same week we play Boca in the Copa Libertadores final, ouch. Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:20 pm

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Bad timing on my part I've just realised that Santos have to play Flamengo this week in the league, in a match that may well decide the title race, in the same week we play Boca in the Copa Libertadores final, ouch. Should be interesting.
Go for the League ... B team in the Libertadores. I'll go easy. Promise.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Rob@Inter wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Go for the League ... B team in the Libertadores. I'll go easy. Promise.
 lol!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:48 pm

League games should kickoff tomorrow ( wednesday ) at 1000 hours.

Just started running the friendlies, res, you and schools games.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:52 pm

Fixtures:

Leicester v Plymouth Fulham v Birmingham
Newcastle v Chelsea Spurs v Charlton
Arsenal v Watford Liverpool v Man City

Leicester v Plymouth

Game of the week, bar none.  Three more wins and the title is Bens, three more wins and the unthinkable might just become reality for Rich.   Tough one for both clubs to face in the all-inportant run-in.  I'm sure Ben would rather be playing a midtable side with nothing left to play for rather than a Leicester side who have shown some real determination in the last few weeks to try and avoid relegation.  Having spent a few weeks in the bottom three, Leicester currently sit four points behind Gaz's Chelsea.  A win here and a stumble by Chelsea would really set the cat amongst the pidgeons and set hearts racing at the Walkers.  Could it happen?
Conversely, Rich couldn't have asked for a tougher fixture too, although at home, the one team you wouldn't want to have to face is an in-form Plymouth side on the verge of sealing yet another title.  Plymouth have spent a lot of time on top of the table for a good reason, they are one of the best teams in the league, if not the best.  With two home fixtures to come after this one, it seems like this could be the watershed moment for the star studded side from the south coast.  Win this one and it seems unlikely they will be caught. 
No injury concerns for either side on the face of it, however Etienne Capoue serves yet another suspension.

Fulham v Birmingham

Following on from a change of tactics last week, Fulham go into this one with renewed confidence having given Plymouth a real good run for their money.  A change from what has been the usual ISF tactic, the players certainly seemed to respond better to the more rigid MIX formation.  Overall, a really disappointing season for the Fulham fans after last years exploits of winning the title.  Still with a chance to win the FA cup, although a lack of consistency has cost them dear in the league and they will end up finishing midtable.  A real uncertain time for the West London outfit, with rumours abound that certain players want to follow their previous manager out the exit door.  The Chairman has not exactly allayed the fans fears by saying that he will look at a replacement manager, and possible incomings and outgoings at the end of the season.
Although slightly off the pace, Birmingham find themselves in fourth place this year, having spent a lot of the season experimenting with different formations.  The side seems faitly settled now, and a decent run of results from now until the end of the season will certainly give the players confidence that they can go on next year and mount a serious title challenge.

Newcastle v Chelsea

Depending on which Newcastle supporters you ask, this could be a really important game in their season.  Nine points behind Chelsea, with a significantly worse goal difference means that in some eyes they are already relegated.  Most of the fans however will never give until it is mathematically impossible.  Saying that though, no team wants to go into a vital run-in relying on other teams results.  If it happens, it will truly be a miracle!
Massive game for Chelsea, they really need to get a win under their belts to give them breathing space at the bottom.  With Leicester and Arsenal ready to pounce whilst also showing signs of a turn in form, these are gonna be a nervous few weeks for the Blues fans if their current form continues.  Two wins would be enough for them, whilst one could quite possible be enough, but when you are out of form, sometimes it is hard to see where the next point is coming from.

Arsenal v Watford

As mentioned above, Arsenal are in a real relegation battle this year, which has surprised many pundits as a few tipped them for the title.  Losing their manager hasn't changed their fortunes, and although a few signs of fight in the last few weeks, it doesn't look good for this team of superstars.  Relegation would be a massive blow to this club, as they must be carrying a huge wage bill with the vast array of superstars they have available.  One which, it seems, would be really difficult to sustain in the lower reaches.  Could there be a fire sale on the cards?  They aren't relegated yet though, similar to Leicester they remain four points behind Chelsea with all to play for. 
Watford fans, although having a tremendous season, will be slightly disappointed that their title challenge has faltered in the last few weeks.  Eight points behind Ben with only three games remaining, it now seems unlikely that a championship will be on the cards for this massively improved squad.  THis season has been a real turning point for a lot of the players and the manager, having struggled last year, to coming close to winning the big trophy this year, shows massive improvement, and this young team should certainly be tipped next season for big things.  A combination of the scouting network and young players coming of age, will mean that this team will be a real force for years to come.

Liverpool v Man City

A game on the face of it in which both sides have little to play for.  Both sides will be keen to finish as high as possible however so this should still be an entertaining affair.  Liverpool have astounded many critics this year with their excellent performance, never really being in danger of relegation.  City, despite having a disappointing league season, compared to what their fans are used to, are
actually on the verge of something really special too.  You'd expect most of the players to have both eyes on the midweek game this week, a small matter of a European Cup final against Barcelona.
This could turn out to be one of Geoffs most memorable seasons if the big trophy were to return home with him, however overcoming a extremely talented Barca side will be a real tough ask.

Wednesday v Villa

Not sure where Villa fans will be showing more interest, what happens on the pitch or who is sat in the stands.  Fresh from overseeing the Copa Libertadores final, it is understood that Rob Wilson will be flying into the country to sit in the stands for this one.  Although still two places below the play-offs, Villa are actually level on points with the two teams ahead of them, sop have all to play for until the end of the season.  Interestingly, Mr Wilson could actually end up taking charge for the play-off semi-finals, once the Argentinian season has been completed.  Players will be desperate to impress between then and now, playing for their futures, amidst rumours scouts have already been employed to seek some young talent to take the club forward.
Wednesday are no push over though and currently sit second, four points clear of third place.  A win would almost see them promoted, so they have plenty to play for as well.  This will be a great game for the new manager to cast his eye over as it will certainly let him know which players will have the fight and talent to stay with the club.

Other game : Spurs v Charlton
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:19 pm

Been thinking about it for a while and it with regret that I am leaving the game, Just haven't got time for it anymore I'm afraid, Been in the game a good 15 years and won pretty much everything and enjoyed it very much, Bu now I'm just checking results and not even reading the turns,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:42 pm

Sorry to see you go Gaz, been a pleasure.
Someone ring Stuart and tell him Chelsea need his help..
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 8:56 am

Gaz ... sad to see you go. Wish you all the best and enjoy watching Diego Costa and Fabregas this season.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:05 am

My first English write up (thanks Tom). Have always been jealous of how good these are and Tom's excellent work. Looking forward to struggling badly in England. If Villa are to return to the big time a lot of work needs to be done. I have a couple of targets in mind but will need transfer work before next season. Any defensive loans (GK and CB in particular) much appreciated. I'll put up a post on the transfers page with details.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:19 am

Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
Been thinking about it for a while and it with regret that I am leaving the game, Just haven't got time for it anymore I'm afraid, Been in the game a good 15 years and won pretty much everything and enjoyed it very much, Bu now I'm just checking results and not even reading the turns,

Thanks for letting me know Gaz, and thanks for playing for so long ! it was a pleasure mate. take care.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:20 am

Kickoff was delayed slightly due to me having an argument with the dustbin men !!! but its all sorted now so kickoff is imminent...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:21 am

Bristol Rovers 0 Banstead 1 Weiss freekick on 2 minutes.
Empoli 0 Ancona 1 Shaqiri.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:22 am

perfect timing... just sat down at the laptop after trying to explain the same thing 10 times to a client. I'm here for the next hour or so, so perfect that kick off was delayed.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:22 am

Newcastle 0 Chelsea 1 Benteke header on 3 minutes.
Inverness 1 Motherwell 0 McAllister.
Rangers 1 Hibs 0 Tiago Silva.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:24 am

Bayern 1 Freiburg 0 Alan on 5 minutes.
Celtic 1 Dundee Utd 0 Di Santo header.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:24 am

Atalanta 0 Inter 1 Vidal on 6 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:25 am

Nantes 1 Montpellier 0 Cabella on 7 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:25 am

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Kickoff was delayed slightly due to me having an argument with the dustbin men !!! but its all sorted now so kickoff is imminent...
How much better would Soccer Saturday be on SKY if Jeff Stelling rocked up and announced that one weekend? Love it.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:26 am

Espanol 0 Real Madrid 1 Falcao penalty on 9 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:26 am

Leicester 1 Plymouth 0 Garcia on 11 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 week 20 processing ...   Season 24 week 20 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:27 am

Corinthians 1 Gremio 0 Cleison on 12 minutes.
Empoli 1 Ancona 1 Djedje.
Back to top Go down

Season 24 week 20 processing ...
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next