Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Experience is vital Empty
PostSubject: Experience is vital   Experience is vital Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 14:49

Alot of talk on here lately about getting hold of young players, but remember in the immortal words of somebody ( I forget who, shankly I think and often regurgitated by Hansen ) you win nothing with youth. Experience is vital especially at centre back, playmaker and target man. Just thought I'd mention it.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Experience is vital   Experience is vital Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 15:07

Good to know, especially as I have young Jack at PM....
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Experience is vital   Experience is vital Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 15:16

Andrea Pirlo is just about to be offered a new contract at Inter.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Experience is vital   Experience is vital Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 15:21

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Good to know, especially as I have young Jack at PM....

Young Jack has an exceptional amount of knowledge for one so young, wouldnt you say ? just ensure you keep him on his toes with plenty of tactical awareness training. Ive just checked him and he's almost maxxed out on his knowledge so he'll be fine and a performance quotient of 39 this week shows he's playing very well, even though he was playing against his old team.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Experience is vital   Experience is vital Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 15:26

Thanks Paul, will do.

He is exceptionally knowledgable for his age!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Experience is vital   Experience is vital Icon_minitimeFri 25 Nov - 15:06

interesting this...but then chelsea have the same points as arsenal in real life so i dont whole-heartedly buy this theory of having loads of experience. if its true in the context of the game then maybe it needs looking at. young teams can succeed. though you always need an old head at the back I agree with that.

Paul Hemmings wrote:
you win nothing with youth. Experience is vital especially at centre back, playmaker and target man. Just thought I'd mention it.

didnt hansen eat his words at this comment tho when united won the title in '96 with beckham, scholes the two neville's and ryan giggs in their starting line-up and aged 21 or under? throw nicky butt into that equation i think aswell. that said they did have old gits bruce and pallister at CB, and talisman cantona at TM. but it was still a young team.

Last edited by Stuart@Roma on Fri 25 Nov - 16:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experience is vital   Experience is vital Icon_minitimeFri 25 Nov - 15:45

Cantona was the stereotypical championship football TM that season as well, winning game after game 1-0 thanks to his goals and performances.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Experience is vital   Experience is vital Icon_minitimeFri 25 Nov - 15:45

not forgetting chocloate ecclair at CF.... Smile

did they sign andy cole the next season or was he already their?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experience is vital   Experience is vital Icon_minitimeFri 25 Nov - 15:53

Already there, signed in 95.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Experience is vital   Experience is vital Icon_minitimeFri 25 Nov - 15:58

what a team that was in '96. only four outfield players in the team aged 22 or over. incredible. experience is vital for sure but only in certain areas. united got away with it cos their experienced players were ontop of their game and in the case of steve bruce, peaking at the age of 34. what a player.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Experience is vital   Experience is vital Icon_minitimeFri 25 Nov - 16:37

But this ties in to what Paul said - PM, TM and CB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experience is vital   Experience is vital Icon_minitimeFri 25 Nov - 17:54

Yeah Brucey was 34, Keano 25, Eric 30 and big Pete was 33 so the spine was experienced.
Back to top Go down

Experience is vital
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: