Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Dec - 8:36

Hi all,

Just in the middle of doing the Week 4 preview so should have it up tonight sometime.

Thanks

Ben
Back to top Go down

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Dec - 8:40

Nice one Ben!
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Dec - 8:44

OMG THERES A POST Razz
Back to top Go down

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Dec - 12:21

A what now?
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Dec - 22:58

Right all as promised. Haven't had any time to check it through so if there are errors, my apologies.

Week 4

Reading vs Newcastle

The first game of the week brings together one team at the rock bottom of the league, Reading, and European Champions Newcastle who sit in second place.

Newly promoted Reading have failed to pick up a point this season conceding 9 goals in the process. A poor result against fellow promoted team West Ham has left them searching desperately for some sort of form. A Dave Kitson 80th minute strike was the only thing for the fans to cheer about last week with West Ham putting 3 past Alan Blaney. Playing at home they have the potential to cause teams trouble but they urgently need to pick up some form or risk losing their 4th game in a row.

Reading’s season is in stark contrast to Newcastle who have made a solid start and remain one of only two unbeaten sides in the Premiership. Alexander Kolarov’s amazing goalscoring record continue last week as his two goals helped them to a comfortable win against a struggling Plymouth side. Even with their manager away for the week it is difficult to see them not picking up all three points again this week.

Everton vs West Ham

Everton have made an average start to their 2011/12 campaign picking up just 3 points from the same amount of games. They have however been unlucky and were unfortunate not to take something against Fulham in a close run game in which Dutch star Arjen Robben was the main difference between the two teams. This week gives them a big opportunity against newly promoted strugglers West Ham and if they can show the kind of form the showed last week, they are in with a good chance of picking up all 3 points.

Standing in their way are a West Ham side who picked up all 3 points last week against a poor Reading side. Matt Etherington looked the pick of the bunch picking up an 8th minute goal in a solid performance out of the left. West Ham will have to hope that he can add to that good form this week if West Ham are able to pick up anything against Everton.

Blackburn vs Fulham

Blackburn produced a solid display last week to take all 3 points against a strong Manchester United team away at Old Trafford. A man of the match performance from Christanval who scored the winner for the away side was the difference between the two sides and he will be hoping he can inspire his team to make in two on the bounce.

However, Blackburn face a Fulham side who are flying high this season thanks to strong performances from Arjen Robben, Bobby Zamora and James Milner in recent weeks. Will Buckley laid down the law to his Dutch TM last week and it seemed to make all the difference as he weighed in two goals to help his side to a 4-3 victory over Everton. Much has been said about the attacking flair of this London side but defensively they may still have some work to do if they are going to continue this form in the long-term. They go into this game as favourites but I wouldn’t be surprised if they find a Blackburn side brimming with confidence a tough side to break down.

Aston Villa vs Manchester United

Aston Villa have been one of the surprise performers this season and although only picking up four points they find themselves within touching distance of a Champions League place. They battled hard last week in the Birmingham derby and should really have taken all 3 points with Ruud Van Niselrooy taking them into half time with a 2-0 lead. However, like many sides with a 2 goal cushion a complacency got the better of them and 2 second half Birmingham goals from Jonny Evans and Brede Hangeland saw them go home with only 1.

This week they host a Manchester United side who, until last week were unbeaten in the league. Despite a 2-1 home loss against a resurgent Blackburn side, they still remain third in the league and with a midfield brimming with talent they remain a real threat. If they can once again get Luka Modric and Rafael Vander Vaart firing then I wouldn’t be surprised to see them nick this one in what threatens to be a close run thing.

Manchester City vs Birmingham

Champions Manchester City have made a relatively poor start to this season picking up just four points from the first three games of the season. Last week they came across a resurgent Dutchman in Robin Van Persie whose two goals were enough for Arsenal to take all 3 points after Frank Lampard had equalised for the visitors. However, you would be fools to write them off at any stage this season and in Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard they have two Chelsea legends who have the ability to cause problems for any side.

This week however, they host Birmingham in what promises to be a fantastic affair. With new signings Nani and Tom Cleverly still finding their way in this team, Birmingham have made a relatively uncertain start to this season’s campaign. However, with the amount of talent at their disposal in Ashley Young, Hernandez, Gareth Bale and Jack Rodwell I don’t envisage this being the case for long. If there is any a good time to play Manchester City this is it and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the West Midland’s side pick up all three points.

Plymouth vs Arsenal

Plymouth go into this game having made a poor start to the season. Manager Ben Wilson might be regretting the plethora of changes he made to the squad during pre season and unless he can get them firing soon their season could be over before it has begun. Some say they have been unlucky coming up against two inform sides in Fulham and Newcastle and there is still time to turn things around especially with players such as Wayne Rooney, Samir Nasri, Robinho and Essien in their ranks. If Ben Wilson can keep a settled side and get them back playing the way they did last season they can prove problematic for any side.

However, they once again face another tough game against a resurgent Arsenal side brimming with confidence after a 2-1 win against last season’s champions Manchester City. In Robin Van Persie they have a striker who many describe as one of the best in the world and he once again seems a key man, especially with Carlos Tevez suspended from this weeks game. In Theo Walcott they have a fantastic new signing and he has the potential to cause a multiple of problems to Plymouth’s aging back line. This game could go either way but if Arsenal can reproduce their form of last week I wouldn’t be surprised if they were the happier of the sides come 5:45.

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec - 19:12

another great post benny.

think i may come a cropper this week though,

as reality managed teams go Blackburn arnt too shabby and Fulham FC are currently only running at 91% effectiveness due to the sudden and unexpected changes to youth team stipulations, bit bummed about that.

Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec - 14:30

Any news on turns guys - don't think mine has arrived as yet but wondering if anyone else's had?

Thanks

Ben
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec - 15:52

Spoke to Paul this morning. All turns are now with him. Basically the post delayed most of the turns - nearly all arrived yesterday with the last 2 this morning. Paul is running the game today I think.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec - 16:16

Bloody hell that's cool at least we know they finally arrived. When we get them back though is anyone's guess given the Christmas post!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec - 17:26

Probably by the end of next week?
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec - 19:33

That's not too bad then, just one of those things around Christmas really which can't be helped!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec - 13:29

Any news? Anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec - 14:45

I don't think anything at home yet although I wasn't expecting anything till later in the week. Do we know when Paul sent them btw?
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec - 15:18

No idea. I'm work bored and need entertainment. Although I am off on holiday next week. Sun, golf and beers.
Back to top Go down

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec - 18:04

Sounds good to me Rob! Think i'll make do with the beers part. 1 out of 3 ain't bad I suppose lol!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec - 18:48

Yes. I need to be thankful for small mercies ..... and luxury holiday resorts.
Back to top Go down

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec - 15:22

My turn arrived today and boy is Luis Suarez on fire with a hat-trick and a pretty much whole different starting 11 beating Feyenoord in europe 1-0

Liverpool have bid 20m for Suarez and they can go take a running jump for all i care.....20m....are they avin a larf!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec - 15:52

back to old tactics back to winning bar tactic can kiss my arse
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec - 16:01

Napoli bid 20 for Cavani. Like Gaz I can't sell as he's my main man up front. Not as prolific as Suarez though.
Back to top Go down

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec - 20:36

2-0 loss for Blackpool and a long hard season ahead.
Struggling to sign players, transfer list pretty much empty, all the clubs in england with any decent players and managed by reality managers wanting a pt or cr +2.

Starting to find that im coming up against a brick wall.

Hmm, back to the drawing board me thinks and maybe a recall for Steed Malbranque!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec - 21:18

Jamie@Schalke04 wrote:

I played ISF in my friendlies this week and had some good results. Using a winger on one side and a striker on the other is giving good variation. ALso the defence gets decent cover from the 2 anchor men.
Back to top Go down

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec - 9:12

Rob@Inter wrote:
Jamie@Schalke04 wrote:

I played ISF in my friendlies this week and had some good results. Using a winger on one side and a striker on the other is giving good variation. ALso the defence gets decent cover from the 2 anchor men.
it was the amount of possesion i had that worried me 30% not good enough i also creat double the chances this way.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec - 11:49

Well finally got my turn yesterday - nice to see all 3 points for a change for both Lyon and Plymouth plus some good European results.

Interesting to see Man United making some offers for both Rooney and Ferdinand too.

Rob - what positions did you play with ISF btw as I tried it last season but didn't get great results from it and it is a tactic I want to play full time?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec - 16:23

jesus i won a game. 81% posession is a record for me i think :S!!!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec - 21:13

Annoyed that on my next oppo sheet last turn, Spurs had McCann and Jenas in the middle of the park. Yet despite no time for a transfer in between, look who pops up to run the game from DY position - only Luka Modric.

When I received my turn he was still a Man Utd player.

Confused and disappointed. Probably still would have lost though....
Back to top Go down

Week 4
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next