Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Changing clubs after this season Empty
PostSubject: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb - 17:16

after this season i'm going to be looking for a new team to manage. 7 seasons with a largely unsuccessful big club hasn't yielded anything yet so i may aswell start from scratch somewhere else.

If there's any players that any of you want then it will have to wait until atleast its impossible for Roma to win the league this season, but after that point any player will be available for transfer. which will probably be about 3 turns time now that i'm back. jocolor

for the rest of the season I shall just play the same XI players and changing nothing except a couple of position tweaks or poor stamina. if that can't win the league then there is just no point because i think in terms of player skills, from where I am looking, this Roma squad is about as good as it can be with the current level of finance. Which isn't being arrogant, it's just a fact when that and other factors are considered.

One of those is that the squad has a minor morale issue that can really only be sorted by doubling the wage bill. i've ran some numbers and, to be honest, that will mean having to sell a lot of the players anyway and I really don't see the point in going in circles with them. So its better to quit while you are ahead i think. Not that i've actually ever been ahead with this team, but you know what I mean. To continue with them would just mean going backwards.

So...I'll be doing a Jose Mourinho...only without the silverware to back it up Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb - 21:07

sad to here stu especially after uv put so much time into Roma.

But i suppose with a change comes a fresh challenge.

I think Ross will vouch for the merits of building a team up from scratch and stamping his mark on his team.

i was only saying to Tom today i miss the chase of building an entirly new team and picking up little gems here and there that although arnt big money signings improve my team.

must be the Harry Rednapp wheeler dealer in me.

just dont do what others in the past have threatened to do and when u decide to finally quit Roma sell off players on the cheap - spoils it for the rest of us, im sure u wont anyway.

as much as id like to take Falcao off u Razz , ill resist even trying to ask u for it while ur undecided on what ur doing

if when u decide the time is right u should just swap straight over then ull give yourself the remainder of this season to put things in place for the start of a brand new season and maybe a promotion assult first time round.

come to England mate - Sunderland are gagging to be taken over - massive support - even bigger stadium and first dibs on players signed by Mr oneil in real life if that isnt a win win situation i dont know what is.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb - 22:16

Agreed, would be great to see you in England mate. I too, miss the chance to pick up a Joey Barton and be delighted with it like I used to be!!

Depends really what kind of challenge you would like, there are a few teams with decent sides already, but plenty of sleeping giants!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb - 22:18

Will, you might have a job getting Falcao off Stu....

He is happily plying his trade in the french league, and will do so for quite a while I imagine.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb - 7:20

Stu,

Agree with all of the above, i dont think you should advertise players and strip Roma bare (not sayign you would just ship anyone off for stupid amounts) but why not just leave when you say you are going to and let people pick players up however they can afterwards.

Echo the thoughts that you should take a challenge on in England. My hunger for the game is bigger than ever and i have enjoyed every minute of Blackpool. You also spend a lot more time on things than i do so am sure you will enjoy it.

Liverpool, Sunderland, Man Utd are probably the biggest jobs but plenty of smaller clubs available lower down aswell.

Good luck mate
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb - 10:05

Agree with Ross that you should just leave Roma as they are mate, no need to sell off their players. Leave your legacy in Rome.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb - 11:42

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Agree with Ross that you should just leave Roma as they are mate, no need to sell off their players. Leave your legacy in Rome.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb - 14:55

Sorry i meant hulk, god knows why but I constantly get those two mixed up

I know they both played in Portugal bit was it both for Porto or something that might be why
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb - 17:40

Ross@Blackpool wrote:
Stu,

i dont think you should advertise players and strip Roma bare (not sayign you would just ship anyone off for stupid amounts). why not just leave when you say you are going to and let people pick players up however they can afterwards.

yeah that's what I will be doing but i had some deals discussed and possibly in the pipeline a few days ago with some ppl, before i'd made this decision, for two or three players since I was 4m in debt, so it seemed easier to just print it in the message that nobody is for sale until Roma have no chance of winning the league.

I wasn't going to let anyone leave for any odd amount anyway. Whilst i'm still here the only deals that will be done are ones that benefit/strengthen the team or significantly boost its financial position, and not if its going to seriously screw up the first team understanding or make them signficiantly weaker.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb - 17:44

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Agreed, would be great to see you in England mate. I too, miss the chance to pick up a Joey Barton and be delighted with it like I used to be!!

Depends really what kind of challenge you would like, there are a few teams with decent sides already, but plenty of sleeping giants!

who needs a sleeping giant when you can have a sleeping minnow? Smile

I havn't decided yet which league i'll be in. I'll think more about it after Roma are condemned to mid-table medicority. Until then all i'm thinking about ia winning the next game. and the ones after that and until its impossible to win the title.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb - 19:03

Tom@Charlton wrote:

What legacy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb - 21:47

Stu,

to win the next game all you need to do is not send your turn in and be ill for another 3 turns, then you will win the league aswell!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb - 22:03

that is kind of funny, but only if i'd actually changed anything with my team in the last game or the next one...unless there's some sort of dice roll that i've started getting now that i'm sending turns in. if only i could roll a 6 a few times with roma like the good old days haha.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb - 22:05

actually paul, can we have one turn where me and ross bring our dice football game to the table? honestly, you'll love it. its actually quite realistic, especially the way we used to do it. and i'll whip out my dice with 6 on all sides for when its roma's turn of course!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar - 8:47

Ahh the good old dice game and your dog humping my leg.

How life has changed now....
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar - 9:02

Ross@Blackpool wrote:
Ahh the good old dice game and your dog humping my leg.

How life has changed now....

Is "your dog humping my leg" literal or some sort of code?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar - 9:56

haha.

no.

he was pretty filth, it was worse when he was licking himself to death tho, you had to see it to believe it. he was always chewing on his midrift, i've honestly never known an animal to be so obsessed with it, should've given him the chop really....and the dog Smile

version 1 of the dice game was a simple roll the dice for every 10 minutes of the match. if you rolled a 6 it was a goal. you then had to roll it again and 1-4 was a goal for the home team and 5-6 was a goal for the away team. so, the home team always had a 66% chance that they would score. the problem with it was though that swindon had as much chance of beating united as united did beating them.

so version 2 got a bit more complicated. we gave ratings to players out of 100 or something like that. you then rolled the dice on each match up so gk vs gk etc. if you rolled a 6 it was a goal for the team with the strongest player in that position. it was a little flawed tho cos i seem to remember teams like ipswich only had 1/12 chances of scoring against someone like man united (after the 11 matchups the last roll was always an 'injury time' wild card) but then they should have had better players if they wanted more chances Smile

i think swindon and leicester were the most successful dice football teams if i remember rightly, they were rolling sixes for fun, especially in version 1. unashamedly, me and ross played this game for hours on end, it was quite good fun. we did a speedway version aswell i think, cant remember how that went though.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar - 12:41

given the way computer gaming and technology has gone in leaps and bounds in the last 15 years, the above sounds quite funny, maybe ludicrous, to the average 12/13 year old now if they were to read that. bear in mind the best computer game at the time was sensible soccer on the amiga, kick off 3 on the SNES and sega worldwide soccer on the megadrive. FIFA hadnt even been born (yet). In fact, when we joined this game as 14/15 year olds it seemed like a million miles ahead of anything else. Still is Smile. Our dice football went out the window at this point, so I blame Paul for its downfall lol Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar - 13:02

mate i used to have the very same football dice - used to love it.

lost count of how many football games i tried to make up with those little bad boys.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar - 13:04

it was better than subutteo! the only version i liked of subutteo was the cricket one...that was class, i had that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar - 13:07

arrgggghhh now ur talking.

that was fricking brilliant - used to play that to death.

until i lost the silver ball bearing cricket ball
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar - 13:10

haha...did you forget to put the silly bit of fencing round the pitch?!

i always seemed to get caught and bowled most of the time when I got out, smacking it straight down mid wicket!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar - 13:27

This one?

Changing clubs after this season Pic163918_t
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar - 13:28

yes
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Changing clubs after this season   Changing clubs after this season Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar - 14:07

Loved it. cheers
Back to top Go down

Changing clubs after this season
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next