7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Empty
PostSubject: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 8:44

Welcome to week 23 of Championship Football.

A slightly different schedule this week as there are lots more things for me to do behind the scenes and I'll start to open and process your orders at about 1000 hours.

Also I'm going to be more pro-active with forum membership and when I get time I will create forum accounts for all managers and send them login details as this may encourage those not already taking part to come along and have a look.

Also best of luck to Richard and Jamie in the playoffs should be an excellent game.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 8:49

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:
Well. It's crunch time.

Spoke with Jamie at Watford last night ahead of the biggest game of the season.

We obtained some early team news after both managers agreed not to make calls to the FA in an attempt to change their already submitted team sheets.

Watford revert to a 4-4-2 MIX tactic after last weeks experiment at Charlton, with Diaby in for the injured Song, Kompany reverting to CB after last weeks attempt to shackle the ubiquitous Tevez.

Leicester spring a surprise change in formation moving to a 4-3-3 FAS formation. With Nasri and Cahill making their league debuts for the Foxes.

Both managers hope for live commentary on the game to be available.

thanks for this guys, very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 11:00

Quite a few deals in the pipeline for this week of course, so I will report on those as I open envelopes.

First up is Rob at Inter, he is looking to buy in Antonio Nocerino from Real Betis whilst Betis are looking to propel themselves into the top three in Spain with the capture of the incredibly gifted Franck Ribery and flying brazilian wingback Maicon, both getting on a bit now, but both still very capable and more than likely to propel Betis to third place next season and possibly even a cup final appearance depending on the luck of their draw.

Rob is also allowing Matija Nastasic to join Nantes in exchange for Willian although I fully expect Nastasic to end up playing in Charlton colors next season as he is a great prospect.

Look out also for the fast improving Stevan Jovetic next season who has been reviewed this week by Rob.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 11:06

Next up is Iain's Real Madrid who are allowing stalwart defender Lucio to join Nantes after 5 years of great service at Real Madrid, again an excellent signing for Nantes.

And a new contract for ace keeper Iker Casillas keeps him at Real for the foreseeable future.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 11:09

Tom's Charlton are next up.

Tom has decided that none of his players deserve to be named as Charlton's player of the season and has decided to sign Lloyd Jones instead, a move that did not go down well with any of his players.

It looks like Ron Vlaar may be coming in from Feyenoord whilst Scott Sinclair moves eventually to Fulham. Also on Tom's shopping list are Tim Howard and Steven Naismith and Michael Ngoo.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 11:13

The Fulham boss is taking a well earnt break in the States whilst his caretaker boss takes over for awhile. So no big deals at Fulham this week.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 11:16

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Tom has decided that none of his players deserve to be named as Charlton's player of the season...

Oops Embarassed

They are all player of the season in my eyes I love you

Not sure thats gonna wash though.... lol!

Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 11:19

Matt's Barcelona are next up.

Yaya Toure has been named Barca player of the season.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 11:43

Ben's Plymouth are next up.

Plymouth are busy this week as they look as though they are selling Michael Essien to Arsenal and Tim Howard to Charlton whilst bringing in Cabaye, Fabianski, Diarra and Mirallas.

So a busy week for Ben who also transfer lists Thierry Henry on a free contract and I can see a mad scramble for his signature next week as some of the lower league clubs try to do a "Tom" by emulating the sort of thing Charlton achieved this season with Tevez.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 11:45

selling a player for free will now net you +5 manager points if he has had a "long service" award at your club and his tribval is still above zero.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 11:50

Praying my turn has arrived with Paul!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 11:56

Cabaye's a great bit of business Ben if you ask me...Essien is a sacrifice but I think you've got a super deal there
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 12:00

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Cabaye's a great bit of business Ben if you ask me...Essien is a sacrifice but I think you've got a super deal there

Its a big gamble tbh as Essien has been a rock this season, also helps me facilitate a possible tactical shift which am considering. Whether Hargreaves can guide me through the first few games though is another matter...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 12:08

Jamie's Watford are next up.

Watford are trying to grab the up and coming Nick Powell.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 12:28

Rich's Birmingham are next.

He is also trying to grab Nick Powell.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 12:33

I would have gone for him too, if I didn't run out of dealings!!

Think he needs a review!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 12:34

Paul, you're giving me a heart attack.... is my turn there!?!?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 12:34

Rich's Leicester are next. Very Happy

Michael Carrick gets his coveted player of the season award and i'm sure he will have an even better season next year.

Two reviews one for Steven Fletcher and the other one long overdue for the excellent Michu.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 12:37

git Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 12:38

you didnt include a scout report for Fletcher amongst the reports you did send so I'll have to leave him til next week.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 12:40

no scout for Michu either ? but I can sort of do him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 12:40

oh bugger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 12:55

appears I was busy with some NEW's to Betis!.

Any idea on Kick off time for the 'big one' Paul?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 13:05

Rich@Leicester wrote:
appears I was busy with some NEW's to Betis!.

Any idea on Kick off time for the 'big one' Paul?

still got loads to do first, wont be tuesday morning though, more likely to be the afternoon i expect
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 23 Playoff semi-finals   Week 23 Playoff semi-finals Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 13:06

Phil's Arsenal are next.

He's confirmed the deal for Essien and Arsenal fans are bound to be very excited about that.
Back to top Go down

Week 23 Playoff semi-finals
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next