Paul Hemmings
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 10:00

Ive watched quite a bit of footage last night of the way Barca play at the back when they use 3 CBs and an AM and i'm pretty sure I can incorporate it into CF. They seem to use their wingbacks as the two wide centrebacks with the AM dropping back to play as a fourth defender, usually another CB, when needed, with the central CB almost becoming a sweeper. So i'm going to try and introduce that over the coming weeks, give it some testing and see how it goes in test games, and then if it works well I'll release it into the game.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 10:07

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ive watched quite a bit of footage last night of the way Barca play at the back when they use 3 CBs and an AM and i'm pretty sure I can incorporate it into CF. They seem to use their wingbacks as the two wide centrebacks with the AM dropping back to play as a fourth defender, usually another CB, when needed, with the central CB almost becoming a sweeper. So i'm going to try and introduce that over the coming weeks, give it some testing and see how it goes in test games, and then if it works well I'll release it into the game.

I think the key thing with this system is that the CB act as ball-carriers and are essentially AM in this system. The AM is then versatile enough to act as a CB.

Also means that this requires a truly passing style of football and the wider men really pushing pressure on the oppositions full backs (ensuring they don't bomb forward)

How many of these players there are in real life though I am not sure (perhaps 10?)
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 11:00

Okay i'm going to do some printing now and get the email turns sent out. bbiab.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 15:20

All received thanks Paul
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 15:24

Tom@Charlton wrote:
All received thanks Paul

You were quick... Smile

Just finished sending out the email turns, let me know if you don't get yours, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 15:28

Some of you are letting your squad effectiveness get a bit low.

Every 5% below 100% is equivalent of losing 1 skill level from every skill of every player in your team.

So 92% is almost 2 whole skill levels lost, turning those CR99 world class players into mere CR92 internationals. Just in case you didn't realise.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 15:30

You can tell this forum is junky american software cos every time I write realise the spell checker tells me i'm spelling it wrong lol.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 15:35

Paul Hemmings wrote:

Every 5% below 100% is equivalent of losing 1 skill level from every skill of every player in your team.

So 92% is almost 2 whole skill levels lost, turning those CR99 world class players into mere CR92 internationals. Just in case you didn't realise.

Turn received Paul so thanks for that -

In terms of your example above, I presume that every player on 9's for shooting for example would all become 8 or 7's (that correct?)

Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 15:38

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

In terms of your example above, I presume that every player on 9's for shooting for example would all become 8 or 7's (that correct?)

yes
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 15:43

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

yes

Understood. One final q - does it begin at 95% effectiveness or at 99%?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 15:55

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

yes

the highest value is 100%
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 16:03

Tom .... how you didn't beat me in Europe after I had 3 men sent off I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 16:18

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

yes

Have just noticed Paul that Plymouth had 8 players the system has down as not playing out of a squad of 24? - Surely 22 of them must have played that week - is the system taking into account youth players as well this week for some reason? I think effectiveness has dropped as a result?

Anyone else having the same problem?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 16:29

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

yes

Have just noticed Paul that Plymouth had 8 players the system has down as not playing out of a squad of 24? - Surely 22 of them must have played that week - is the system taking into account youth players as well this week for some reason? I think effectiveness has dropped as a result?

your eff is currently 96%

ferdinand ireland anelka and song were not selected in your first eleven for either your league team, cup team, res team youth team or schoolboy team and they are not at any of your academies.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 16:33

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

yes

ferdinand ireland anelka and song were not selected in your first eleven for either your league team, cup team, res team youth team or schoolboy team and they are not at any of your academies.

I see, obviously their sub appearances (as Ferdinand and Ireland both came on) don't count.

Where does the 8 not playing number come from? Is that looking forward to next week?
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 16:34

Is it just me or did everyone have loads of players sent off and injured?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 16:35

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

yes

I see, obviously their sub appearances (as Ferdinand and Ireland both came on) don't count.

Where does the 8 not playing number come from? Is that looking forward to next week?

that includes the 4 youngsters in your academies who arent playing they dont count towards your sqeff.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 16:36

Paul Hemmings wrote:
[

Where does the 8 not playing number come from? Is that looking forward to next week?[/quote]

that includes the 4 youngsters in your academies who arent playing they dont count towards your sqeff.[/quote]

Perfect, I understand now!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 16:37

Rob@Inter wrote:

there were more sending offs this week a combination of bad weather 2 games in one week for most players and severe refereeing. Everyone seemed to use the same ref this week and he just happens to Mr Severity Jimmy Rushton.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 16:38

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rob@Inter wrote:

there were more sending offs this week a combination of bad weather 2 games in one week for most players and severe refereeing. Everyone seemed to use the same ref this week and he just happens to Mr Severity Jimmy Rushton.

Presume the weather then accounted for the injuries - lots of slide tackles flying in this week I saw!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 16:46

dont forget aggression effects injury likelihood more than anything.

playing higher aggression increases the effectiveness of some skills like tackling but also effects the likelihood of getting booked and or injured

0 is friendly aggression = no bookings no injuries
3 is controlled = few bookings and not many injuries
5 is hard = double the chances
7 is fiery = quadruple the chances
9 is dirty = def bookings def injuries ( not exact perc% cos other things do effect it too )

but the referee the players natural aggression the weather the pitch all come into it as well including the type of tackle. some tackles like from behind will be auto bookings now. the tackle AI is the biggest single part of the system tbh.

typically a team playing on 5 aggr will attract 5-6 fouls and one on 3 will attract 3 fouls.
each foul could turn into a booking and either 1 or 2 injuries. whilst a team playing 7 aggr could attract 12 fouls.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 16:55

Great stuff on the Assistant Manager btw Paul - just noticed that, even more things to think about!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 16:56

who commits the fouls depends on where the ball is when its with the opposition, if the oppo are playing WHV then a team playing 7 aggr is at a big risk of losing a fullback, but if your playing against FAS then your AM or BW may be more at risk.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 16:58

I have no midfield to play against Ben next week!!affraid

Rob, did you end up with 8 men against me?
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 17:03

OK. Maybe I need to be nicer. Decent week all round. Good win for Inter in the League and a decent European draw (after going down to 8 men). Boca doing well and qualified in Libertadores but hit hard by injuries and suspensions.

Thrilled at the signing of Juan Quintero who had been on trial. Disappointed at missing Rossi (and sorry for letting Tom down).
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 8 processing...   Season 23 Week 8 processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jan - 17:04

Rob@Inter wrote:
OK. Maybe I need to be nicer. Decent week all round. Good win for Inter in the League and a decent European draw (after going down to 8 men). Boca doing well and qualified in Libertadores but hit hard by injuries and suspensions.

Thrilled at the signing of Juan Quintero who had been on trial. Disappointed at missing Rossi (and sorry for letting Tom down).

Didn't know you had him on trial Rob - tried to New him this week. Also missed out on Nicolas Castro - did capture Nicolas Lopez who seems just to be getting into the Roma side off the bench..
Back to top Go down

Season 23 Week 8 processing...
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next