An additional league?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

An additional league? Empty
PostSubject: An additional league?   An additional league? Icon_minitimeWed 6 Mar - 22:15

Don't know if anyone reads The Blizzard at all but saw this which they are currently doing using Football Manager - http://www.theblizzard.co.uk/blog/blizzard-football-manager-league/ - wondering if there was any mileage in this for some additional CF action at all?

Essentially, the top football journalists in the UK have come together using an auction to pick 18 players which they will then manage using Football Manager.

Now I don't know how feasible it would be (or whether anyone might want to) in running a similar thing using CF, given Paul is looking for more managers.

It could be run like this:

1: An auction to pick an initial squad of 18 players (rules of the auction tbd) but perhaps £200 million of fake money using a sealed bidding system?

2 One season with each team only playing each other once at a neutral venue so perhaps 10 games depending on take up

3: Each match would take place during our break week (when Game 2 is being run). Perhaps on the Thursday with Paul updating live?

4: There are no dealings, friendlies etc (although teams can play a few initial teams to test things) with managers just picking the first team and tactics. All TU is auto set to sublime. All players also have max understanding of all tactics.

5: A small turn is sent by Paul each week containing match report and squad list and managers send in any team changes by email.

6: Total cost would be minimal

Could be an extra bit of entertainment? Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An additional league?   An additional league? Icon_minitimeWed 6 Mar - 23:02

Erm. Honestly. No thanks. I've got enough on my plate with Leicester and Betis
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: An additional league?   An additional league? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Mar - 0:38

Fair enough, just threw it out there see what response there was - prob thinkinh bout it same here with Plymouth and Lyon
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: An additional league?   An additional league? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Mar - 8:40

Nice idea but I can just cope with what I have plus baby 3 is arriving tomorrow morning and work is always busy. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: An additional league?   An additional league? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Mar - 8:43

Rob@Inter wrote:
Nice idea but I can just cope with what I have plus baby 3 is arriving tomorrow morning and work is always busy. Sorry.

Do understand. Good luck for tomorrow!
Back to top Go down

An additional league?
Page 1 of 1