Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Champions League Team News.... Empty
PostSubject: Champions League Team News....   Champions League Team News.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:02 pm

Just to build the tension and gather a few managers thoughts, thought we could have a thread where managers can put their teams up and see what the thinking is behind them?

Ties coming up are :

Real Madrid vs Schalke
Plymouth vs Arsenal
Fulham vs Charlton
Inter Milan vs Barcelona
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Team News....   Champions League Team News.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:07 pm

Compared to the other three, my quarter final looks like it will be the one on the red button, rather than prime time TV on Sky or ITV!! Very Happy
The one no-one cares about!!

Three massive ties there, big one for myself and Will though too.

This is how I have sent them out to start the game :

Howard

Kelly Van Buyten Vlaar Taylor

Hleb Henderson Allen Gutierrez Kolarov

Tevez
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Team News....   Champions League Team News.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:36 am

Neuer schmelzer hummels subotic piszczek kroos schweinsteiger ozil Ronald Cassano Gomez no subs though there injured
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Team News....   Champions League Team News.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Lloris, Joao Pereira, Coentrao, Pepe, Chiellini, Khedira, Di Maria, Hernanes, Jovetic, Higuain, Cavani.
Sticking with what's worked all season tactics wise. Pondered 442 but as we're at home ..... Reckon we need to score because Barca certainly will.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Team News....   Champions League Team News.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 2:04 pm

Given
Bale Distin Koscielny Sagna
Diarra
Van Der Vaart Ramsey
Rooney
Torres Walcott

Injury to essien ment ramsey had to come into the first 11. But other then that a full strength team so im confident the result will be a fair one Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Team News....   Champions League Team News.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 3:55 pm

A first for Fulham, competitively playing ISF for the first time.

Its something iv been dying to try out for ages and i need to take the plung with it at some point so what better time to try it out, will certainly make the game interesting.

Baines misses out through injury so its

Carasso

Walker, Jags,Skrtel and the zabman debutusing in at Leftback.

midfield 3 Milner and Sandro and then Palacios fills the void left by zabaleta and then the front 3 is Andy Carroll flanked by Arjen and mario.

i reckon although ours maybe the least glamourous its going to be an absolute goal bonnanza, fancy both teams to hit the onion bag
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Team News....   Champions League Team News.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 6:39 pm

I might get a late consolation.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Team News....   Champions League Team News.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 6:58 pm

You a sturridge fan tom? He and I share a cousin
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Team News....   Champions League Team News.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 7:10 pm

What? Seriously? Do you often talk to him?

Yeah, big fan. Played great today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Team News....   Champions League Team News.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:53 am

Clearly, I don't belong in this thread after exiting in the group stages... But I have to get involved here. I haven't corrected Will on a spelling for weeks... And I'm missing it. I also think Will is probably missing it! This weeks entry?

debutusing - this is an interesting word isn't it?

In helping those among you that haven't sat next to Will in GCSE English, I believe he means one of two words, but alas even I am unable to quite decipher which one he intended.

The options are..

Debuting - making his debut at left back. Applicable if its the first time Zabaleta has played at left back

Deputising - to fill in for.

So endeth the patronising lesson. I look forward to Will's snipe in retort.

It'll be something along the lines of "I see you're back from Egypt then?, couldn't you have stayed another week?"
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Team News....   Champions League Team News.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:04 am

Rich makes a fair point but irrelevant to my team selection.

Pretty much full strength side out for the C.League with only Glenn Johnson injured. Paulo da Silva deputising at right back. Apart from that its Cech, Cole, Ferdinand, Verm, Da Silva, Diarra, Podolski, Cabaye, Wilshere, Robinho and Aguero.

Looks like it could be a quality tie!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Team News....   Champions League Team News.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:22 am

Tom@Charlton wrote:
What? Seriously? Do you often talk to him?

Yeah, big fan. Played great today.
yeah really never met him tho my uncle and his aunt split up years ago
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Team News....   Champions League Team News.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Clearly, I don't belong in this thread after exiting in the group stages... But I have to get involved here. I haven't corrected Will on a spelling for weeks... And I'm missing it. I also think Will is probably missing it! This weeks entry?

debutusing - this is an interesting word isn't it?

In helping those among you that haven't sat next to Will in GCSE English, I believe he means one of two words, but alas even I am unable to quite decipher which one he intended.

The options are..

Debuting - making his debut at left back. Applicable if its the first time Zabaleta has played at left back

Deputising - to fill in for.

So endeth the patronising lesson. I look forward to Will's snipe in retort.

It'll be something along the lines of "I see you're back from Egypt then?, couldn't you have stayed another week?"

Sorry rich champions league only ... All I'm hearing is bla bla bla
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Regular International - 95/95
Regular International - 95/95
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Team News....   Champions League Team News.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:36 am

Tough match against Inter, very tricky so have gone a bit defensive but still playing with wingers!

Valdes, Puyol, Alba, Albiol, Kjaer, Yaya Toure, Navas, Javi Martinez, Alonso, Llorente, Mata.

Subs: Asenjo, Cazorla, Pedro, David Villa, Pato, Monreal, Isco

Dani Alves out injured could be the major part that's missing this week, not the quickest of back 4's (except Alba) so this could be my undoing!

Llorente is on fire at the moment so hopefully he can keep it going and repay the faith I've put him by choosing him in front of Villa!
Back to top Go down

Champions League Team News....
Page 1 of 1