Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Thinking out loud....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Thinking out loud.... Empty
PostSubject: Thinking out loud....   Thinking out loud.... Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb - 22:11

Guys,

Im not really sure why im posting this but i have done a lot of thinking since my baby daughter was born (mainly in the early hours of the morning i might add!).
Re-joining the game as Pompey just is not quite doing it for me at present.
Im finding the forum game is now very intense and almost impossible to get back into due to everyone being so on the ball and there just not being enough players about to sign etc.
I know a few of you will just say stick at it but im just not sure i like the split of the game.
Its killing me seeing my old Everton side in my opinion being stripped out (no offence harry, simply my opinion) and managing a club i just have no feelings for.

I really love this game and am really desperate to achieve something before i finally chuck the towel in but i simply just dont know the answer.

Is it find another club? Is it hope that Harry leaves and regain Everton?

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions im all ears. This simply is me thinking out loud as previously stated.

I think when people take a step back from the forum game you will see what i mean, everyone on here is very knowledgeable and now been in the game for a while and it really is hard to get a footing.

Especially when i had such a competitive side in Everton.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Thinking out loud....   Thinking out loud.... Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb - 22:43

Ross if scratching around the basement of england is not your idea of fun mate i think you should do the following:

1) ask paul to put you first on the list for everton.

2) you could ask for Man City or Spurs as both are protected and have decent sides? Even Leeds are decent in the championship. bigger ground and higher up the ladder....

3) get a foreign club so that you can sign anyone you like and not have the restrictions that exist in england. That comes down to your knowledge of european and world football though...but there's loads more players to choose from.

4) Or if you want to dominate then i'd say go for a portuguese side like Porto or Benfica as nobody manages their. I only suggest this as you say you want to win things? If you like competitveness then i guess Italy is the alternative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking out loud....   Thinking out loud.... Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 11:56

try leeds, got some very good players and are in a competitive league.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Thinking out loud....   Thinking out loud.... Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 12:25

Ross wrote:
The trouble is with taking something like city on is they are already quite strong.

depends how much of a head start you want. If you want to compete instantly with Dan and Gaz at the top of the ladder then City are what you want. Spurs are'nt much worse off though...for a challenge and something to start on then leeds as will suggests
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking out loud....   Thinking out loud.... Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 12:32

Perhaps try a foreign club Ross.

That way you can sign any players that you want and if you choose to be in a slightly less competitive league the chances of building a club that is successful grow exponentialy.

Also if you manage to get hold of a good player who ends up in England you can cash in as good players in England are at a premium owing to the foreign player restrictions imposed by Paul.

Furthermore if you take on a foreign team there are a few managers in this game that would help you build a strong team on the cheap in a short period of time from their surplus players.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Thinking out loud....   Thinking out loud.... Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 19:08

Whatever you decide Ross, make sure it is the right decision. Hopefully you will stay in the game in some capacity, and hopefully in England.

Let this be a warning for any managers thinking of coming to England to manage. It is very difficult now to get any players, with intense competiton and a number of protected clubs, the players are at even more of a premium than they used to be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking out loud....   Thinking out loud.... Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb - 14:09

Well it has just been confirmed by Paul that i have a new club from this turn.
H einitially told me the only option was Spurs which i turned down and was ready to move abroad when he mailed me to say he had a new guy drop out who was gonna take charge of Man City so he has given me them.

A new challenge which will hopefully allow me to finish my original challenge of winning the premiership.

I know they have a decent squad but not sure who they have so cant wait to get the turn back.

Ross.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Thinking out loud....   Thinking out loud.... Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb - 1:37

well...they have gareth barry and martin petrov Smile
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Thinking out loud....   Thinking out loud.... Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb - 16:48

i know they have,

Joe Hart
Chris Kirkland
Micah Richards
Richard Dunne
Nedum Onuoha
Fabio Aurelio
Steven Ireland
James Milner
Martin Petrov
Aaron Lennon
Emile Heskey
Jo
Elano Bulmer

there the main ones Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking out loud....   Thinking out loud.... Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb - 16:52

Ross, if you really can't wait, I'm playing them this week and so have a "next opponent" report on them. I don't have a scanner but I can take a photo of the report and send it to you if you wish. The next opponent report doesn't include a list of youth players (something I disagree with as youth players can of course be used in the first team).

Let me know,

Dan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking out loud....   Thinking out loud.... Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb - 9:55

Dan,

Its fine, it should be here on the weekend so im happy to wait.

Thanks anyway

Ross
Back to top Go down

Thinking out loud....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: