Paul Hemmings
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Season 23 Week 16 Processing... - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 16 Processing...   Season 23 Week 16 Processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jun - 11:36

Ah ok so players from non league teams are essentially still available?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 16 Processing...   Season 23 Week 16 Processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jun - 12:29

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Ah ok so players from non league teams are essentially still available?

yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 16 Processing...   Season 23 Week 16 Processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jun - 21:29

Have to say I'm loving the new contract, transfer and the demands of players to play, it's presenting problems that real life clubs face week on week, and now we're starting to face those tests as well.

Huge congratulations on this system Paul, it's a massive plus for the game.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 16 Processing...   Season 23 Week 16 Processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jun - 22:05

I'm not going to do it, but where do people stand on the moral issues involved with another manager trying to NEW Aiden White this turn.

Is it Bens fault for letting it slip and he is fair game or is it ungentlemanly conduct going for him?

Strictly speaking he shouldn't return to his last club should he?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 16 Processing...   Season 23 Week 16 Processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jun - 22:07

Echo Richs thoughts. Love the system and hats off to the master.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 16 Processing...   Season 23 Week 16 Processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jun - 23:11

Tom@Charlton wrote:
I'm not going to do it, but where do people stand on the moral issues involved with another manager trying to NEW Aiden White this turn.

Is it Bens fault for letting it slip and he is fair game or is it ungentlemanly conduct going for him?

Strictly speaking he shouldn't return to his last club should he?

Morally it's down to the individual. In reality clubs take advantage of contractual issues all the time and part of the game is to manage our squads - happiness, contracts, Mattia Destro moaning about game time etc.... If Iain allows Mesi's contract to run down I'm all over that. At the same time there are plenty of players out there and only a relatively few managers to deal with so is it worth it? In my view there's no answer, it's only opinion but I'd leave it.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 16 Processing...   Season 23 Week 16 Processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Jun - 19:12

a club with a squad of 70 players may not have enough dealing slots to keep everybody on contract and run the rest of their club efficiently.

The last club feature only applies if the player is not in the non-league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 16 Processing...   Season 23 Week 16 Processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Jun - 22:40

Agree with Rob to an extent. It's a competition after all, and the same issues that face real life clubs now face us. Daniel Levy obviously Wasnt bothered about relations with Man Utd when he pulled his Friars stunt, nor bothered about relations when he signed Bostock from Palace.

In my opinion, you know who is on a contract where his requirements to play mean that it's not possible to get him to sign a new one, and you run the risk of someone else signing him.. Or, can I ask what is the point of contracts if nobody acts when they run out?

Could I suggest it would make the game even more interesting if we got a list of players whose contracts expired in the next three weeks?!?

I say it's fair game. I won't be doing it on this occasion, but as Rob says, if a player becomes available...I have to be interested, otherwise we're just being nice to each other when in the real world we wouldn't act that way!,

If I stole Tevez from Tom, I'd be chuffed.. If I stole Milner from Will, I'd phone will and ask if it was possible to give him back! Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 16 Processing...   Season 23 Week 16 Processing... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Jun - 23:24

u wouldnt want him richie hes not got enough media experiance to fit in with your lot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Season 23 Week 16 Processing...
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16