Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Since they were knee-high...... Empty
PostSubject: Since they were knee-high......   Since they were knee-high...... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul - 21:37

Just looking through my turn again and noticed I have had Andre Wisdom for 105 weeks, my longest serving player.  Wondered who people's equivalents were?

Have you stuck by a no-hoper, or nurtured a top talent since they were in short shorts?

Bet the Spanish boys, Jamie and Rob have some corkers.

Who is your longest serving player?
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Since they were knee-high......   Since they were knee-high...... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul - 21:43

Mattia Destro 125 weeks, Marco Verratti 97 weeks and Stephan El Shaarawy 92 weeks. All became full internationals last season and I did feel very proud .... and a bit silly.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Since they were knee-high......   Since they were knee-high...... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul - 21:58

I know exactly what you mean Rob, makes watching footie matches you wouldn't normally have an interest in, fantastic viewing, just in case your boy does something out the ordinary.

Does give you that warm feeling inside...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Since they were knee-high......   Since they were knee-high...... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul - 22:06

I think my longest serving are Andy weimann and more surprisingly Robson Hal kanu, I signed both pretty much in my first season and now robson thinks he deserves a spot on the bench.

Another 100 weeks service and I might grant him that wish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Since they were knee-high......   Since they were knee-high...... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul - 23:15

I wasn't amazingly surprised to learn that mine is Wayne Bridge on 85 weeks. (At least he's not first choice anymore!)
I was surprised to see that Islam Feruz is only a week behind him at 84 weeks... And it looks like Jose is taking him on Chelsea's pre-season tour at the tender age of 17... Talk about having to wait for a result!
Back to top Go down
Iain@RealMadrid
Premier League - 92/92
Premier League - 92/92
Iain@RealMadrid

PostSubject: Re: Since they were knee-high......   Since they were knee-high...... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jul - 9:17

Messi is 198 and Iniesta is 183 but I had Torres and Sneijder for over 200 weeks, a few youth players have stuck around for me for a while as well, Papadopoulos 114, Musacchio 112 and about 8 others over the 100 weeks without playing a first team game (poor sods)
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Since they were knee-high......   Since they were knee-high...... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jul - 10:43

Longest serving players on the database

Alex Torres / Vasco / 404 weeks / played 337 games 7 goals bookings 20 sentoff 1

Paulo Costinha / Lisbon / 404 weeks ( due to retire ) 49 games GK

Mancini Wagner / Gremio / 404 weeks 248 games 23 goals 4 books 2 sentoff

most unwanted player of all time

Yassine Abdellaoui / Non-League / 404 weeks ( 33 so 3 years b4 he retires ) did play 3 games for Morocco though back in his heyday Smile

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Thu 18 Jul - 10:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Since they were knee-high......   Since they were knee-high...... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jul - 10:48

dont forget that trialists and transfer listed players cannot be hidden in your academies.
Back to top Go down

Since they were knee-high......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: