Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

World Cup squads Empty
PostSubject: World Cup squads   World Cup squads Icon_minitimeSun 11 May - 22:09

England's to be announced tomorrow, early rumours are that Cole will be left out completely and Shaw will be picked.  Lampard also on plane apparently.

What are your thoughts?

Any surprises in other country's squad that have shocked you?

Brazil could field an amazing 11 that aren't going.  Scolari seems to have gone with players he knows best, which seems sensible I guess...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

World Cup squads Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup squads   World Cup squads Icon_minitimeSun 11 May - 22:13

Henderson, Barkley, Sterling, Lallana, Milner all in squad too.

United players paying the price for a bad season by the looks of it, Cleverley and Carrick both omitted?
Back to top Go down

World Cup squads Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup squads   World Cup squads Icon_minitimeMon 12 May - 7:28

Good,

Not a fan of cleverly, lot of huff and puff but not good enough yet.

Carrick never had a chance in my eyes, although years gone by his ability to retain the ball may have snuck him in when u have gerrard performing the same role to another level them carrick isn't needed.

For me it has to start, Sturridge up top, Rooney behind him in a three with sterling and lallana either side
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

World Cup squads Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup squads   World Cup squads Icon_minitimeMon 12 May - 8:48

I've been so disappointed with Rooney at previous finals that I would leave him out of the starting lineup, cos he seems to think he has a right to be there and never seems to try very hard to me. I'd play Lambert ( shame that Carroll has flopped lately ) up top, Sturridge left, Sterling or Walcott right and get them to swap over regularly, with Lallana in the hole. I'm not saying Lambert is world class or anything but you know he'll give you 100% every time and he's the best in form centre forward we have that will go and mix it up with the central defenders and you do need that, even Arsene knows that.

If you don't play Lambert and you play Rooney in the hole then Lallana has to move out wide and Sturridge has to play up top and I don't think that is the best positions for either of those two players, so for the team I'd drop Rooney.

I wouldn't take Cole, he is good, but he wouldn't be in my squad, too old now really for the heat of Brazil, Baines and Shaw for me, with Baines starting, the rest of the defence pretty much picks itself, Hart, Jagielka, Cahill and Johnson, as does midfield. Gerrard, Wilshere and Henderson. I hope Gerrard can pick himself up and give his best after his unfortunate slip which I'm sure he will do.

Hopefully Roy will take people like Chamberlain and Barkley and let them loose on some unsuspecting side at some time, that should be fun to watch.

But when you compare our players to those from Spain Argentina Brazil and Germany we again have 0% chance of winning the bloody thing, so I'm just going to enjoy the football ( hopefully not too many defensive games ).

Shame we can't borrow Bale and Ramsey Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

World Cup squads Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup squads   World Cup squads Icon_minitimeMon 12 May - 21:38

Delighted to see Flanni Alves on standby. He has been outstanding for Liverpool since taking over from Enrique back in November. Solid as a rock.

Squad pretty much as expected, apart from Frank, but I guess no Walker and adequate cover for Johnson at RB, meant that Roy could pick an extra midfielder..
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

World Cup squads Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup squads   World Cup squads Icon_minitimeMon 12 May - 21:38

Biggest shock so far has to be Lucas Moura for me, missing out on a place in Brazils squad.
Back to top Go down
Iain@RealMadrid
Premier League - 92/92
Premier League - 92/92
Iain@RealMadrid

World Cup squads Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup squads   World Cup squads Icon_minitimeMon 12 May - 21:43

Anyone want to play "Guess the Starting XI against Italy" game?

I will than

Hart
Johnson 
Cahill
Jagialka
Baines
Gerrard
Henderson
Sterling
Rooney
Lallana
Sturridge

4-2-3-1
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

World Cup squads Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup squads   World Cup squads Icon_minitimeMon 12 May - 22:08

Can defo see that team starting. Not many big decisions to make for Roy I think, back 5 certainly picks itself.

Possibly might go with an extra midfielder against Italy, in place of sterling or Lallana.  The possession Italy might have in the heat could be a factor, can't see Frank going as a bench warmer but don't think he is the answer, so I'll go for:

Hart
Johnson
Cahill
Jagielka
Baines
Gerrard
Henderson
Wilshere (if fit)
Lallana
Sturridge
Rooney

4-3-3
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

World Cup squads Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup squads   World Cup squads Icon_minitimeTue 13 May - 21:32

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Biggest shock so far has to be Lucas Moura for me, missing out on a place in Brazils squad.

No Nasri or Clichy in France's squad?

Amazed, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

World Cup squads Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup squads   World Cup squads Icon_minitimeTue 13 May - 21:54

No Tevez, Lamela or Pastore for Argentina...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

World Cup squads Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup squads   World Cup squads Icon_minitimeWed 14 May - 3:50

Griezmann, Digne, Mangala and Varane all make the French squad. Very pleased.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

World Cup squads Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup squads   World Cup squads Icon_minitimeWed 14 May - 9:50

Nice to see Griezmann in, looking forward to seeing him play hopefully, but no Nasri was no surprise, he and Diddy fell out months ago, Samir has said he never expected to go, "dye was already cast" was his only comment. Feel sorry for the guy cos he's on fire atm. Good news for us though maybe. No Tevez was a big surprise on a footballing front, but not on a personality front, another ego too far I think.
Back to top Go down

World Cup squads
Page 1 of 1