Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

25 season Anniversary thankyou Empty
PostSubject: 25 season Anniversary thankyou   25 season Anniversary thankyou Icon_minitimeThu 3 Sep - 16:36

Well, this little game of mine has been running for 25 seasons now, amazing, I never really expected that, and you all show so much enthusiasm and that makes it a pleasure for me to run the game, so as a thank you I have decided to make next season's International teams free of charge to anybody who wants one.

Your week 24 turns should be accompanied by a list of the international teams available and which tournaments they play in. Prize money for each team is paid to your main club on week 18 and is calculated as £1m for each order sheet you return, regardless of where you finish.

Thanks for being such a great community, long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: 25 season Anniversary thankyou   25 season Anniversary thankyou Icon_minitimeThu 3 Sep - 16:47

I will use the Priority you specify to decide who manages who. Where two people apply to manage the same team with the same priority I will draw lots and I wont be using previous results to decide as would be the normal case, so a good chance for some of you new guys to get one of the bigger clubs maybe.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: 25 season Anniversary thankyou   25 season Anniversary thankyou Icon_minitimeThu 3 Sep - 17:13

Thanks Paul, nice gesture.

25 years, wow.  Italia 90, what a great tournament that was. 

Credit to you that the game is still going, especially if you think how things have advanced since the game started.  The fact the game has survived is a massive credit to its format and the way it is run.
It is easy to play.  As in easy to enjoy, not so easy to conquer.....lol

Not sure what the other managers think of this but I used to really like the feature on International sheets that told you which club the player played at.  Was there a reason this was removed Paul?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: 25 season Anniversary thankyou   25 season Anniversary thankyou Icon_minitimeThu 3 Sep - 18:17

There will be four competitions this season, the World Cup ( 16 teams ), the World Youth Cup ( 16 teams ), the Copa America ( 16 teams ) and the usual full International League of 6 divisions and 36 teams, so hopefully there will enough teams to go around. You will be able to apply for a team in each competition using a priority marker.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: 25 season Anniversary thankyou   25 season Anniversary thankyou Icon_minitimeThu 3 Sep - 19:05

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Not sure what the other managers think of this but I used to really like the feature on International sheets that told you which club the player played at.  Was there a reason this was removed Paul?

Should still be there on one of the sheets but I'll check as the rewrite I did for email turns did lose some items.
Back to top Go down
Rich@Birmingham
Championship 90/90
Championship 90/90
Rich@Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: 25 season Anniversary thankyou   25 season Anniversary thankyou Icon_minitimeThu 3 Sep - 21:19

Great gesture Paul and should provide a competitive World Cup, Copa America et al!
Back to top Go down

25 season Anniversary thankyou
Page 1 of 1