Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

The rising cost of youth players... Empty
PostSubject: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct - 15:18

Yes it is true the rumours have been confirmed from now on teams will treasure their under 24 players and if you want to transfer them into your club they are going to cost you. 

This move was prompted by 2 reasons, firstly you all have more than enough youngsters already just languishing in youth academies, and secondly by the recent signing by Man United of Martial for an astronomical fee rumoured to be in the region of £60m. It wont cost you that much but from the beginning of the season ( this one we are in now ) all under24 players are valued on their potential and not their current rating.

Feel free to discuss this topic here, as usual a frank and honest exchange of ideas wont make any difference Razz
Back to top Go down
Geoff@ManCity
League One 88/88
League One 88/88
Geoff@ManCity

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct - 15:27

So, if I NEW someone young english under 22 they will cost 350,000 but if they're already in the game I will have to pay more dependent on their potential, sounds fairly reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct - 15:29

I agree with Geoff. It makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct - 16:43

Are we talking both unmanaged and reality managers?

Also, I assume therefore if I were to list Javi Manquillo for 20m then he would be snapped up as these clubs value under24s on their potential not their current value?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct - 16:46

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Are we talking both unmanaged and reality managers?

Also, I assume therefore if I were to list Javi Manquillo for 20m then he would be snapped up as these clubs value under24s on their potential not their current value?

If a player is already in the game at another club ( unmanaged or reality managed ) he is now valued on his potential.

No, buying young players from other teams just got a lot more risky, just like real-life.

If you discover them and they are not already on the system then you can still sign them for either 350,000 or their tribval, which ever applies.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct - 16:47

Surely we should also be able to sell younger players for higher values then?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct - 17:05

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Surely we should also be able to sell younger players for higher values then?

I know some managers research young players indepth, some of the scout reports I receive are truly brilliant, but others just send a list of internationals and grab a few, but from now on you will have to depend on your judgement and only buy the players you think will make it. If you buy the wrong player or inflate his potential artificially then you could pay for it later when you come to sell him.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct - 17:21

Ok seems fair enough I guess.  Will hopefully stop player hoarding as it will make managers think twice before buying players.  I'm as guilty as the next man and will definately make me more cautious with buying younger players.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct - 20:46

Hi all,

I have gaps in my knowledge of this area, so please correct me if I'm wrong:

1. So, NEWing an U22 costs 350k or TV (dependent upon home player or not)?

2. NEWing an U24 costs TV?

3. Signing existing U24 costs valuation based on PT?

Incidentally:

4. Are TVs based on CR, and Valuations by Reality Managers based on PT then?

5. What is the logic behind RMs 'valuing' their own players at +50% (or whatever) but Managed sides (say, swapping a similar PTCR) having to stick to TVs? Seems particularly unfair, if the players in question are actually a fair swap...

Andy.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeSat 3 Oct - 13:31

Adds a bit of character to the reality managers, they usually get reassigned to their real-life clubs at the end of each season, so then you have to choose, wait and maybe get the player cheaper from a different manager ( depending on who takes over of course ) or buy now.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeSat 3 Oct - 15:10

I guess you've had this discussion before!

Can it work the other way then? Can an RM not like a player and sell him cheap just to get rid? Perhaps the player is unhappy, or has bad form or attitude?

I'm guessing that RMs are not that 'intelligent' - but I wouldn't put anything past you and the detail you put into all aspects of the game....it's what gives the game such longevity...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeSat 3 Oct - 17:23

Andy@Schalke wrote:
I guess you've had this discussion before!

Can it work the other way then? Can an RM not like a player and sell him cheap just to get rid? Perhaps the player is unhappy, or has bad form or attitude?

I'm guessing that RMs are not that 'intelligent' - but I wouldn't put anything past you and the detail you put into all aspects of the game....it's what gives the game such longevity...

Yes they can, details are given on the scout report if this happens.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeSat 3 Oct - 17:33

Andy@Schalke wrote:
Hi all,

I have gaps in my knowledge of this area, so please correct me if I'm wrong:

1. So, NEWing an U22 costs 350k or TV (dependent upon home player or not)?

2. NEWing an U24 costs TV?

3. Signing existing U24 costs valuation based on PT?

Incidentally:

4. Are TVs based on CR, and Valuations by Reality Managers based on PT then?

5. What is the logic behind RMs 'valuing' their own players at +50% (or whatever) but Managed sides (say, swapping a similar PTCR) having to stick to TVs? Seems particularly unfair, if the players in question are actually a fair swap...

Andy.

Costings for bringing players to your club in non-private deals are :-

a. home nationality under22s not already on the database or currently in the non-league will cost £350,000
b. over21s not currently on the database or currently in the non-league at TRIBVAL ( calc on CR )

c. under24s from league club at BUYCOST detailed on the scout report ( calc on PT )
d. over23s from league clubs at BUYCOST detailed on scout report ( calc on CR )

e. reality managed clubs apply a modifier that could be *1 or *1.5 or *2 or *2.5 and we use to have Ferguson at *3 all detailed on scout report
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeSat 3 Oct - 19:52

Never did like that Ferguson bloke......cheers.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct - 13:26

Andy@Schalke wrote:

lol!  ditto, but don't tell anybody  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: The rising cost of youth players...   The rising cost of youth players... Icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct - 13:38

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Andy@Schalke wrote:

lol!  ditto, but don't tell anybody  Shocked
Shocking from both of you ..... but completely agree.

You have to give him credit though as he had his own time zone with "Fergie time" and there has to be some sort of genius in that. Plus we all know Taggart was the real club detective at Man U.
Back to top Go down

The rising cost of youth players...
Page 1 of 1