5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Season 29 Week 2 processing... Empty
PostSubject: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep - 8:49

Welcome to week 2 of the season, the reset is finished and data entry has started, quite a lot to get through again...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep - 10:09

One slight change in direction this week concerning International players.

I introduced the Retirement from International Duty indicator because some managers were picking players from opposition teams and playing internationals at 9 aggression in the hope of getting the older players injured and unable to play in upcoming league games against them. And now some managers are abusing that system too. So a complete rethink was called for last week.

I've removed the International Retirement indicator, so anybody from your country can be called up. But from now on any players called up that are over 30 will cap their aggression at level 5, even if you ask them to play at level 6 or higher, they will not.

I think this is a much better system...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep - 12:19

Paul Hemmings wrote:

I introduced the Retirement from International Duty indicator because some managers were picking players from opposition teams and playing internationals at 9 aggression in the hope of getting the older players injured and unable to play in upcoming league games against them. And now some managers are abusing that system too. So a complete rethink was called for last week.

I've removed the International Retirement indicator, so anybody from your country can be called up. But from now on any players called up that are over 30 will cap their aggression at level 5, even if you ask them to play at level 6 or higher, they will not.

While obviously this is terrible. It does take a certain level of Machiavellian ingenuity. I’d probably employ anyone who’d give the game this level of thought!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep - 18:54

Data entry has now been completed and checked, but it's a bit late, so I will begin running the games in the morning and the league games kickoff time will be advised later...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep - 19:13

Paul Hemmings wrote:

Are you kidding me? Whoever did this should hang their heads in shame. Bringing the game into disrepute. Punishment is needed I think.
Back to top Go down
Dave@Villa
International 94/94
International 94/94
Dave@Villa

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep - 19:51

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

Are you kidding me? Whoever did this should hang their heads in shame. Bringing the game into disrepute. Punishment is needed I think.
Agreed!!!!

Buuuutttt, why does it only affect older players. Surely all players are prone to injury.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep - 21:55

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

While obviously this is terrible. It does take a certain level of Machiavellian ingenuity. I’d probably employ anyone who’d give the game this level of thought!!!!!
Agree with Tom and Dave though. This a game which implies having fun and there’s no place for this.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep - 21:56

Older players are more prone if you play them too much...

League games will kickoff at 1000 hours Wednesday morning...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep - 22:01

Champions Cup Results

Man City 4 Bayern 1
Juventus 2 Liverpool 1

Watford 5 Valencia 0
Ajax 2 Man United 0

Charlton 6 Inter Milan 0
Benfica 1 Gladbach 2

Plymouth 3 Schalke 2
Paris 1 AC Milan 2

Great result for Plymouth as the English Champions beat the Champions Cup Holders and six goals for Charlton condemn Inter to one of their heaviest euro defeats ever.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep - 22:04

Europa Cup Results

Real Madrid 3 Newcastle 2
Marseille 3 Chelsea 2

Barcelona 3 Roma 1
Anderlecht 0 Fulham 3

Arsenal 3 Nantes 1
Atletico 3 QPR 0

Villa 5 Genk 1
Shelbourne 4 Panathinaikos 0
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep - 22:06

Copa Libertadores

River Plate 2 Fluminense 2
Penarol 0 Tachira 2

Argentinos 1 Botafogo 0
Strongest 0 Catolica 1

Corinthians 1 Vasco 0
Defensor 3 Cruzeiro 0

Santos 3 Sao Paulo 0
Blooming 1 Coritiba 3
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep - 22:41

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Champions Cup Results

Man City 4 Bayern 1
Juventus 2 Liverpool 1

Watford 5 Valencia 0
Ajax 2 Man United 0

Charlton 6 Inter Milan 0
Benfica 1 Gladbach 2

Plymouth 3 Schalke 2
Paris 1 AC Milan 2

Great result for Plymouth as the English Champions beat the Champions Cup Holders and six goals for Charlton condemn Inter to one of their heaviest euro defeats ever.

Disappointing, although Plymouth Away is my hardest match in the group. Plus, no need to panic yet considering I scraped through last years CL group! Well done Ben - interesting to see the report...
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep - 22:45

Paul Hemmings wrote:

Ha! I've been known to go to 9 if I'm losing at the end of a game, but I presume this is from the start! It's a bit dodgy, but a slap on the wrist would suffice. Basically, I wouldn't do anything in a match that I wouldn't expect in real life...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep - 9:55

Kickoff approaches...

We have some mightily big games to enjoy this week with the two dominant sides in Brazil going head to head as Fluminense travel to Santos. The big game in England has to be Watford's visit to Charlton and in Germany Schalke face a tough trip to Berlin. There are two big games in Holland where Genk entertain Feyenoord and Ajax travel to Anderlecht. Roma take on the mighty Juventus in Italy and in Spain Barcelona face a tough trip to the Champions Valencia. 

All this and the possible transfer of Neymar away from Schalke.

Good luck to everybody this week...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep - 9:59

The players are out and are lining up ready for the kickoff, and we're off...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep - 10:00

Stirling 0 Inverness 1 Samaras penalty on 6 minutes.

A good start for Inverness's recent signing.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep - 10:01

Liverpool 0 Man City 1 Dzeko on 7 minutes.
Oldham 1 Soton 0 Henriquez.
Toulouse 0 Nantes 1 Oscar.
Wydad 0 Benfica 1 Cavaleiro.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep - 10:02

Cremonese 0 Cagliari 1 Anderson Dede header on 9 minutes.
Ancona 1 Parma 0 Carrasco penalty.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep - 10:03

Rotterdam 1 Sittard 0 Colina on 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep - 10:03

Man United 1 Newcastle 0 Mkhitaryan on 11 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep - 10:05

Toulouse 0 Nantes 2 Teixeira header on 12 minutes.

Looks like being a real tough afternoon for Toulouse already two goals down to the long time French Champions.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep - 10:07

Vasco 0 Corinthians 1 Jadson on 13 minutes.
Leverkusen 0 Bayern 1 Gomez.
Ruzomberok 1 Poznan 0 Hee-Chan.
Malaga 1 Real Madrid 0 Sergio Oliveira.

Shock on the cards at Malaga ? good start for the new manager maybe...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep - 10:08

Liverpool 1 Man City 1 Tevez on 14 minutes.

Tevez continually tearing through City's defence makes me think he's in the mood...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep - 10:09

Burnley 1 West Brom 0 McEachran on 16 minutes.

Important early goal as both sides will be hoping for promotion this season...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 29 Week 2 processing...   Season 29 Week 2 processing... Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep - 10:10

Palace 1 Arsenal 0 Rondon on 17 minutes.

Palace's wing play and Rondon's power proving too strong for the Gunners early doors...
Back to top Go down

Season 29 Week 2 processing...
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next