7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Season 31 Week 20 processing... Empty
PostSubject: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 11:04

Welcome to week 20 the week we play the Club Finals.

Everybody's orders have arrived safely.

In the finals this week we have

Confederations Cup - Cosmos vs Chicago
Champions Cup - Man City vs Inter Milan
European Cup Winners Cup - Chelsea vs Soton
European Cup - Leverkusen vs Westham
Europa Cup - Genk vs Arsenal
European Fairs Cup - Birmingham vs Leicester
Europa Conference Cup - Anderlecht vs Real Betis
UEFA Intertoto Cup - Sevilla vs West Brom
Copa Libertadores - Fluminense vs Sao Paulo
Copa SudAmerica - Cristal vs Corinthians

Some great games to look forward to there...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 11:05

Data entry has started...
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 11:09

Watford

This week is ‘That’ game, 1st Vs 2nd, Phil Vs Tom, six pointer … However you describe it .. Going to be huge!! A win for the home side and the league is all but secure, defeat and Watford’s season could be all for nothing, a Draw .. makes the final weeks of the season very tense. The Watford manager has been making strides to improve his aging squad and refresh his attack over the previous weeks .. Initial plan was to ease the new players in at the end of the season, but football had different ideas, with injuries, and suspensions the team have had to get to know each other quicker then anticipated. This week see’s the Galactic “out of this world” Kevin suspended after picking up 15 yellows cards through out the season, maybe tackling isn’t his strong suit? This gives Barnes a chance to shine this week, the manager has the upmost faith in the ability of the young England International and will no doubt be a fan favourite for years to come. Jack Grealish keeps his place in the starting 11 as Sterling steps up his return to fitness, will he be able to dislodge Grealish? An unusual request this week at the managers Door, Thomas Partey wanted to address the captaincy stating that while he has been honoured to captain the side in recent weeks, he believes there are better candidates within the squad who are more vocal .. Jack Grealish picks up the arm band this week and decides to Inspire his side and give a speech.

“Now then lads, this weeks game is a big’un and I’ll be damned if we lose it as first game as captain! I know our results havn’t been great, but you know what they say .. Form is temporary, class is permanent, so let’s go out there and show our fans why we are the Champions! Let’s do it for the fans in our last home game and give them something to cheer about! Lets bring the @£$%ing roof down lads”
The manager has tweaked his formation this week, identifying that a midfield containing a AMBWDY might be a little tricky to go through has decided to add a few more long balls to the mix… and if that doesn’t work and the side see’s themselves down at any point half time will bring about some interesting changes…

Genk

Hopefully the team didn’t celebrate to hard after wrapping the league title up 3 games early as still plenty for the Belgium outfit to be chasing in the coming weeks… First up is Genk’s first Europa League final! The manager has been chasing European glory for what seems like an eternity, having assembled a team of superstars mixed with talented youngsters, can the team take the final step? There opponents Arsenal! Who have the experienced Aaron Ramsey, tricky Andreas Pereira, evergreen Jesse Lingard and wall of a goalkeeper Fraser Forster .. However, the manager is able to select a near perfect line-up.. Just Joao Cancelo the casualty who didn’t quite recovery from his injury intime but will surely be cheering on from the side lines! So will it be #Neyday? Can Neymar lead his team to glory… having relished in his more central role as of late, will he prove to much for Chalobah to handle? Can Lewandowski shake the shackles of Chambers? Griezmann to dazzle past Wallace and Eriksen to inject some creativity out wide? Gravenberch has the task of doing a job on Pereira, will the young maestro come of age?
As for the league Genk have the unmanaged Lokeren to entertain this week, only change to the lineup here will be that Hlozek leads the line in the league so Lewandowski is fresh for the Cup game. Will this be a more regular setup? What does the future hold for Lewandowski… Genk have won every game so far this season and plan to continue that form. With new signing Moussa Dembele starting on the bench as he builds up his team understanding.

Leverkusen

The German club looked a little sluggish last week after their previous 8-0 rout, hopefully that was just a blip as this week brings a European Cup final in the first season in charge! No wonder the New manager is getting regular job approaches this season! However, the fans will be pleased to know this journey is far from over and the manager won’t be departing anytime soon. In the final is Westham, another English club for the WBGL group to try and navigate past. The small German club don’t have the riches of the premier league to back them so have had to be shrewd in the transfer window with new additions this week in the experienced duo of Mkhitiryan and Skulason to add some squad depth. Leverkusen will stick to there regular game plan of trying to hit teams on the break with the likes of El Shaarawy and Leon Bailey on the wings with Oshimen and Nainggolan up top and a double pivot of Camavinga and Busquets in the middle. This will be Oshimens final game for the club as he is moved on to greater things, while he has chipped in some vital goals this season and helped propel the team to promotion they don’t posses the funds to make his move permanent and Oshimen has stated he wants a regular home… However, Genk have Lewandowski.. Dembele and Hlozek at CF ..
In the league is a Home game vs Munich1860 who unfortunately find themselves bottom of the table, hopefully they won’t put up too much resistance as the team focus there attentions elsewhere.

Botafogo

Last but not least… another game Vs Tom… This one is more for pride then anything else with Botafogo 4 points off the impressive and clinical Santos with only 3 games to go. The players will be going out to put a marker on the next season and showing they are ready to come back stronger! Unfortunely 2 injuries for Botafogo which as been a blight on there season much throughout, Lucas and Dani Alves miss out. In come Couto and Tete who are both looking to make a statement having played well last game for the club. Leonardo has been a rock for the club since arriving stabilizing a leaky defence and will continue at CL, another recruit who has shone has been Fernandinho who has commanded midfield with his surging late run into the box and adding goals to the team. Unfortunely for the Brazilian side Hulk has slumped this season, so the manager decided to “kill two birds with one stone” after Fernando dos Santos was getting unsettled with his game time after being at the club for a while and no clear route to the first team and asked to be moved on .. He will find a new home at Shakhtar with the arrival of a new CF to compete up top with Hulk… This week will be interesting as the opponent manager will have the Copa Libertadores to navigate as well as the league game… Does he rotate against a depleted Botafogo? Play the same side in both YOLO?

Transfer Station (Provided by WGBL Group )

Tyrone Mings -> Watford
Joao Cancelo -> Watford
Robert Lewandowski -> Leverkusen
Victor Oshimen -> ???????
Henrikh Mkhitiryan -> Leverkusen
Ari Skulason -> Leverkusen
Domilson Dodo – Botafogo
New CF -> Botafogo
Fernando Dos Santos -> Shakhtar
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 13:38

The season is drawing to a close and it's a very exciting time for many clubs. Across the board my teams are in no continental finals and that's something I need to improve on in future.

Barcelona

This could be the week that Barca clinch their third title in a row. Currently sitting 8 point's clear a win at home to 6th place Zaragoza would be enough to see us home. No changes in the first 18 will provide some continuity to a well bedded in team. Current schoolboy player Pedri is showing great form and may be in line for a first team run in the near future. Next week's Cup final against Betis is a huge focus for everyone at the club having lost 2 finals in a row and our last success being in Season 28.

Nacional

The League is in the bag but the work is still ongoing is the mantra at the 'Dos Equis' Parque Central. Another club with a Cup final to look forward to next turn. Additionally in the League the team is still going for a 100% record ..... only a couple more games to go.  The experienced Juan Cuadrado the only change to the starting 11 replacing the departed Nandez.  A couple of young players, Kumbulla and Pellistri, are leaving Montevideo for new pastures in an effort to raise funds for some strengthening of the first 18.

Hannover

A slight injury to regular CF, Yussuf Poulsen, has given an opportunity to Alexander Isak who will step in at CF. There is a lot of concern over Poulsen's availability for the Cup final against the mighty Schalke next week. With limited options youth player, Karim Adeyemi, has stepped up to play ST in a youthful front pairing. Teenagers Sesko and Hornicek make appearances on the bench as the coach looks to the future.

Akranes

Having secured the title and with no Cup finals to look forward to Akranes are experimenting in what remains of the season. Testing the popular CAT tactic and giving youngsters Isak Johannesson and Thorsteinsson a run out in the starting 11. Building work continues at the club with equipment being installed in some revenue producing areas. A couple of players are also going out on loan, notably Sekou Koita, with a view to building experience for the future. 

I'm just not doing anything like the transfer activity that Phil is so ...........  Also someone has to show more initiative than just the initials!!!!! Gaz?? What's you crowd of Abramovic funded, £25m valued players going to call themselves?
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 14:44

Schalke

With the lge title in the bag, the manager begins to focus on the upcoming cup final against surprise package Hannover. No liberties will be taken as you don't get to a cup final without having something about you!

An experimental SLA formation is being played in the league game away at Gladbach, one that favours midfield and attack - we shall see if it merits further consideration.

Schalke are hiring a few more coaches to cover possible future playing positions, and some low-level reviews complete the weeks news.

Amiri also goes on the list and an audacious permanent bid is made by the manager....

Andy.
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
International Star - 97/97
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 18:17

Rob@Barcelona wrote:

I'm just not doing anything like the transfer activity that Phil is so ...........  Also someone has to show more initiative than just the initials!!!!! Gaz?? What's you crowd of Abramovic funded, £25m valued players going to call themselves?
 I will leave that to other people, two clubs is enough and we do not feel the need to add more to follow the herd and create a group name for the marketing purpose of herding world footballs talent from continent to continent  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 18:24

Right, I’m making up a name then. Just not sure how I fit Chelsea, The Poole Abramovich and Emelec together. It’ll come to me.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 20:15

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Right, I’m making up a name then. Just not sure how I fit Chelsea, The Poole Abramovich and Emelec together. It’ll come to me.

How about Chelsea Under New Trustees?
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 20:20

TBH, I'm very close to deleting that last msg...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 20:21

Andy@Schalke wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:

Not sure Gaz will go for that.
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 20:22

Andy@Schalke wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:

We've been called worse  lol!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 20:35

Gaz, are we zooming on Wednesday? I want a ball by ball run down on Chelsea’s European triumph. Can’t count on Phil and Ben & I are in a grand total of zero finals between us.
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 20:39

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Gaz, are we zooming on Wednesday? I want a ball by ball run down on Chelsea’s European triumph. Can’t count on Phil and Ben & I are in a grand total of zero finals between us.
I can do Wednesday or Thursday, depends on the others , Thursday we will have the turns but as i say i will let others decide

I am hoping for a European triumph but recent transfers have scuppered any form , although my cup side are less disrupted with only Ziyech starting and Timo on the bench along with a couple of non regular league starters who have served us well in the cup so have kept their place
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 20:47

Actually, Thursday better as I’m in the office on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 20:47

I’m flexible - Arsenal are on Thursday but can watch it at the same time if that day is preferable for people?
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 20:48

gary@chelsea wrote:
Andy@Schalke wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:

We've been called worse  lol!

Sorry mate, not sure what came over me...it's a compulsion!
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 20:48

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Thursday works
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 20:53

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
I have £10m on Gaz’s match! He had better win

Last edited by Ben@Plymouth on Mon 12 Apr - 20:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 20:53

Arsenal ......
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 20:55

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Arsenal ......
It’s a big game...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 21:02

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Arsenal ......
It’s a big game...
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ........ oh god, you’re serious. Sorry. But clearly a topic for Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 21:35

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Thursday works
Thursday is fine, if im invited ha lol!
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 21:36

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
I wouldn't count one me to win anything either haha  cheers
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 21:47

Phil@Watford wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Thursday works
Only if you agree not to be smug at any time during the zoom call
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 20 processing...   Season 31 Week 20 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 21:48

gary@chelsea wrote:
Phil@Watford wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Thursday works
Only if you agree not to be smug at any time during the zoom call
Come on Gaz. Be fair!!!
Back to top Go down

Season 31 Week 20 processing...
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next