8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

European Super League Empty
PostSubject: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 16:13

All about to kick off apparently, rich getting richer....

UEFA in panic mode by all accounts
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 17:19

I personally agree with the Statement that the Governing bodies put out, with the whole point of a regular season supposed to be to reach the best competitions and allow different teams entry with the belief they can qualify and change season to season. 

What I dont understand is why those clubs involved would agree to a "super" league and not consult/inform the governing bodies that they currently compete in... with rumour being that should they play in this league the will be revoked from current competitions.. seasons a bit drastic but why bite the hand that feeds you?

I'm sure they will be some back lash from this going forward, potentially with TV revenues etc.
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
International Star - 97/97
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 17:21

The threats they are throwing around in their statement would suggest they are very worried.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 17:40

Phil@Watford wrote:
I personally agree with the Statement that the Governing bodies put out, with the whole point of a regular season supposed to be to reach the best competitions and allow different teams entry with the belief they can qualify and change season to season. 

What I dont understand is why those clubs involved would agree to a "super" league and not consult/inform the governing bodies that they currently compete in... with rumour being that should they play in this league the will be revoked from current competitions.. seasons a bit drastic but why bite the hand that feeds you?

I'm sure they will be some back lash from this going forward, potentially with TV revenues etc.
I saw that some of the clubs, were clubs that until Friday were feeding into the new CL proposals - reckon it’s a bit of a ruse, to force Uefa’s hands...
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 17:45

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Phil@Watford wrote:

I saw that some of the clubs, were clubs that until Friday were feeding into the new CL proposals - reckon it’s a bit of a ruse, to force Uefa’s hands...
it will not effect Arsenal Ben so you will not need to worry  lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 17:46

The bigger clubs have wanted a bigger slice of the pie for a while and I think Ben is right, along with the money on offer every season from the super league, the fact that founding members will always qualify suggest they are trying to force Uefas and the premier leagues hands
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 17:53

Feels a bit like a negotiating tactic. I'm not sure UEFA have a great position because the draw of the competitions is the big boys and always will be. I think it could see format changes but UEFA maintain their tournaments with more concessions to the big clubs.

Gaz is right though. Not much impact on Arsenal as they won't be seeing the Chamions League for years!!
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 18:18

How can it be a super league without Bayern Munich and PSG? The only reason Bayern are not involved is because German club have to have 49% fan ownership otherwise you can bet your bottom dollar they would be
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 18:35

Personally, I’m absolutely disgusted that Liverpool have signed it. Absolutely driven by greedy owners without a consideration for the rest of the country.
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 18:46

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Personally, I’m absolutely disgusted that Liverpool have signed it. Absolutely driven by greedy owners without a consideration for the rest of the country.
i am same with Chelsea but as i have known for years following Chelsea around the country they don't care who sits in a seat as long as the money is coming in
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 18:55

Not sure we’ve had the whole story yet, statement tonight at 9.30 apparently but also is it just a coincidence the new plans for the champions league were to be announced tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 18:57

gary@chelsea wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:
i am same with Chelsea but as i have known for years following Chelsea around the country they don't care who sits in a seat as long as the money is coming in
Absolutely, all driven by money unfortunately nowadays. 

In the middle of a pandemic and economic crisis, the timing of it is quite astonishing as well.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 19:07

gary@chelsea wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Phil@Watford wrote:

it will not effect Arsenal Ben so you will not need to worry  lol!
Heard we were chief instigators - bout the only way we are playing European football next season...
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 19:17

If we did it in the game.... i am not sure Plymouth would make it either  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 19:18

gary@chelsea wrote:
If we did it in the game.... i am not sure Plymouth would make it either  Laughing
Ruthless haha lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr - 19:31

gary@chelsea wrote:
Brutal...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr - 10:55

Big Boys Club...disgusting...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr - 11:34

FIFA and UEFA are saying that one sanction will be players at those clubs are banned from international tournaments as well. Wonder if the Mbappes, Haalands and De Bruynes will play for a team if it means they can never win a World Cup or European Championship? 

Also some of the ‘super clubs’ would struggle to make the last 8 of a Champions League ....... Arsenal, Spurs, Milan, Barca, Juve and possibly United for a start. 

And it’s a poor super league without Bayern, PSG, Porto, Dortmund ..... all CL quarter finalists this season. Not to mention RB Leipzig, Benfica, Ajax, Sporting Lisbon, Leicester, Sevilla .....
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr - 11:39

This has all come about because of Platini's Fair Play rules, the super rich do not like to be told what they can and cannot do, and as a consequence they want to now control football at the highest level.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr - 13:10

I almost want it to happen, if only for it to fail, as it will!

Fans don't want it. Most players will leave the clubs if they can't play for their country.

The whole thing is just pathetic...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr - 17:01

Got to say I like the stance the likes of Gary Neville are taking on this. Loves United and is a United fan but demanding they be punished. And using language like ‘disgusted’ to describe his own club.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr - 17:21

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Got to say I like the stance the likes of Gary Neville are taking on this. Loves United and is a United fan but demanding they be punished. And using language like ‘disgusted’ to describe his own club.
If that's how a player who owes his career to a club and lively hood.... imagine how fans will feel about "there" clubs.... this pandemic has shown how crucial fans are to clubs.. this could alienate even hard-core fans of clubs to go else where / lower leagues.
Back to top Go down
Rich@RealMadrid
League Two - 86/86
League Two - 86/86
Rich@RealMadrid

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr - 17:37

Premier League.
Qatar 2022.
VAR.
Glazers.
Mid-day kick offs. 
Super Sunday.
FA Cup replays scrapped.
Etihad. Emirates. Sports Direct.
Oil money.
‘Customers’
Prawn Sandwiches.
Tourist fans.
Mino Raiola.
FA Cup draws at half time. 
SkyBet.
£650k per week.

We reap what we sow.
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr - 18:36

Rich@RealMadrid wrote:
Premier League.
Qatar 2022.
VAR.
Glazers.
Mid-day kick offs. 
Super Sunday.
FA Cup replays scrapped.
Etihad. Emirates. Sports Direct.
Oil money.
‘Customers’
Prawn Sandwiches.
Tourist fans.
Mino Raiola.
FA Cup draws at half time. 
SkyBet.
£650k per week.

We reap what we sow.
Absolute bang on Rich, the hypocrisy of some of these critics as well is sickening especially Sky who have been calling the shots and ruining football for match going fans for years 

It’s wrong on every level in the interest of fair competition but let’s not be fooled in to uefa  being the good guys all of a sudden as they are only worried that they won’t be able to line their own pockets
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: European Super League   European Super League Icon_minitimeTue 20 Apr - 19:13

Looks like your club is pulling the plug Gaz...and yours Paul by all accounts - least some
clubs are seeing sense!
Back to top Go down

European Super League
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next