Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Spare a thought..... Empty
PostSubject: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jun - 19:10

....for Leighton Baines.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think he is good enough for the world cup squad and he certainly had a stinker against Mexico.

But I do feel for the lad.

Back when Terry was helping himself to a bit of Mrs Bridge, and Wayne declared himself unavailable for England duties, Baines must have been rubbing his hands together.

Not only that, he had a decent game for England in between then and now.

So, how do you feel if you actually play yourself OUT of the world cup squad (maybe he could ask Walcott, as he managed it perfectly too).

If that isn't bad enough for Baines though, what is worse and what must hurt a great deal, is that Capello didn't actually need to see Warnock in action to know he would be better than Baines. OUCH.

Thoughts on the squad? I actually think Capello has got it spot on.
But then what do I know?!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jun - 19:17

Warnock was first name on the plane! Spare a thought..... Icon_clown

Villas Mr reliable

Well done Stevie son.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jun - 19:29

it's a bollocks decision to take Warnock ahead of Baines. Although, I guess Warnock would be a useful inclusion if we decide that we'd prefer non-attacking full backs, and would in fact like to play 4 defenders instead of 2 that refuse to cross the halfway line.

Watch out Glenn Johnson...Jamie's behind you...(literally!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jun - 20:06

If its good enough for Fabio then its good enough for me, to be honest i think Wayne did us all a favour Spare a thought..... Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jun - 20:09

you mean JT did you a favour by elevating Warnock artificially in the pecking order.

Warnock is Englands 5th best left back...

after Cole, Bridge, Baines and Milner.

In fact..I'd have Neil Warnock ahead of him as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jun - 20:22

funny that, i dont see Baines going to Africa, Warnock certainly behind Cole after that theres not a great deal

it was probably being a regualur of the 4th meanest defence in the premiership behind only United chelsea and liverpool that helped swing it his way, shame on him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jun - 20:28

he's cack. Villa couldnt afford Bridge, so they bought Warnock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jun - 21:23

ha ha ha ha ha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun - 19:18

Warnock may well do a decent job if called upon as Baines may have also done. The reality is neither would have gotten in if Wayne Bridge had not spat his dummy out. JT was at it with Bridge's EX, the woman that he had left.

As it was his EX that he dumped Bridge's only justification would appear to be that he does not want to play in a team that has a man who cheats on his wife in it, and this from a twat who was at it with the same woman (Vanessa Perconel) when she was also banging Eidur Gudjonson......who was cheating on his wife!

Bridge is a baby and should never be allowed to play for England again for turning his back on his country. Good luck to Warnock for making the final 23 and best wishes to Baines who will undoubtedly be part of the next Euro campaign and get another chance to stake a claim as back up to Cashley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun - 11:56

shhh Martin.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun - 18:51

Rich@Leicester wrote:
he's cack. Villa couldnt afford Bridge, so they bought Warnock.

the funny thing is not only is warnock a second rate villa purchase but also aswell as only being selected because of Wayne Bridge taking the moral high ground he is also only selected because fabio capello's preferred back-up option - gary neville - turned down the opportunity. how embarrassing!
Spare a thought..... Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun - 22:25

ive a mate whos a villa fan and goes quite regurly to villa park

funny thing he says that Warnock has been one of O'neills best signings, excelllent defensively comfortable on the ball and puts in a shift.

i prefer to go with the guy that see him on a weekly basis.........oh and Fabio
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun - 22:32

....and fabio preferred gary neville to warnock? are you sure you wanna go with him?! maybe its just my own judgement thats clouded on a 35 year old over the hill fruit and nut bar!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun - 22:37

i thought neville was a right back? and last time i checked warnock was a left back?

Last edited by Will@Fulham on Mon 14 Jun - 22:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun - 22:39

warnock plays both sides doesnt he? atleast i thought he did. cant imagine fabio wouldnt take a back-up to glen johnson?! and please dont say jamie carragher lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun - 22:41

nope, never has, never will i wager

he played centre midfield quite succesfully for Blackburn for a short space of time but never right hand side

im pretty sure hes the most left footed player in the world just behind myself
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun - 22:43

yeah you'r right.

http://www.football-lineups.com/footballer/497/

great...so carragher's our only sort-of back-up to glen johnson. well done fabio.

i suppose gareth barry can play right back if we get desperate. oh hang on, we are desperate, glen johnson is in the team. ha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun - 22:55

lol!!!

i may be completely wrong but i think Milner can do a full back position as well, not sure which,guessing right but either way not good.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Spare a thought.....   Spare a thought..... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun - 23:02

its fucking bad. so now its ledley king's turn to get crocked.

if there are any defenders left in the country will they please stand up. without getting injured in the process. preferably. a broken limb or two wont be a problem though!
Back to top Go down

Spare a thought.....
Page 1 of 1