english/italian league re-structures

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

english/italian league re-structures Empty
PostSubject: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 23:44

as you'll have read on this weeks newsletter paul has published about re-structuring these two countries. I believe Italy really should be just two divisions as there's just way too many rubbish teams with not even 10 players in their squad. So, promoting the feeder clubs to Serie B and getting rid of the knackers yard will make it much more competitive. I'll be supporting this idea.

Regards England, as i don't play in England its really up to the rest of you guys and how you feel. I said to a few in the chat box earlier that the best way really is that you guys come up with an idea that you're happy with and submit it to paul as a collective idea, rather than everyone give a different idea and paul ends up pulling his hair out. think dan made this point a while back but it is easier if we give him a collective suggestion rather than different ones otherwise it'll just be an overload for him.

it was mooted by a few in the chat that a good way forward for the English system is to downsize to 3 divisions next season and then to Paul's proposal of 2 divisions the season after. This would allow the teams currently, or who will be, in the third tier ( Matt, Tom, Rich ) to have a season of building to get themselves more competitive for a 2 division set up. Then in 20011-12 season ( if you/we are all still here! ) England kicks off with the two leagues that Paul desires to ensure the league is really competitive.

i'll leave it for you guys to discuss further but Italy for me is a no-brainer and needs to be 2 divisions immediately. If the way forward for England is a progression of reducing to 3 divisions and then 2 next year then i'd say you should all suggest this. But of course if there's a better suggestion then you should mention it here! its just better to give paul one scenario then twenty three in my opinion.

discuss....
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 12:45

Agree that England could be cut down to three rather than two initially, but my concern is that in the following year, if the leagues get cut down again, myself and Rich have nothing to play for as promotion will be guaranteed even if we finish bottom. Our season next year in league one will be meaningless.

If the leagues are going to be cut down to just 2, then I'd rather he did it all at once.

Actually, Will has spoke to Paul this morning and he said that having either 2 or 3 leagues in England wouldn't particularly affect his workload.

So, maybe what I am saying is I would prefer the leagues to be cut to three and left like that (In England).

Germany, on the other hand, doesn't need a second division, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 13:42

I think 3 in England would be better, rather than 2.

But definitely cut Italy down to 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 14:52

I have a marginal preference for 2 divisions in England, to improve competition from the unmanaged clubs. This is assuming that the players from the unmanaged clubs in four divisions are shared among the unmanaged clubs in two divisions (and hence each unmanaged club would have a better team/squad). I also have a marginal preference for making it two divisions immediately.

However I say the decision so really be decided by the managers in those divisions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 18:00

i agree with 3 to be fair so there is still the threat of relegation from championship rather than thinking oh well fuck it i'll still be here next year and if your bottom of third league then you should'nt be playing the game lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 18:54

o dear, richies in trouble then lol english/italian league re-structures Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 22:12

my personal opinion from the outside looking in is that 2 divisions would be better as it'd mean no crappy games against weak teams, which is what everyone has been raising concerns about. 3 divisions would mean someone would be unlucky and be relegated to still play shit every week, cos eventually all you guys will be in the top two divisions anyway. i think its better to finish bottom of a two tier system and having to compete at that level again than rather than finishing bottom and being relegated to have a season of boringness with no other managers in your league. also i think tom has a point that reducing to two leagues now is better otherwise it'd mean a season of pointlessness for anyone in the 3rd division.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 22:53

if im being honest i prefer the 3 divisions.

would be nice to think there is still somewhere for me or others to drop to if we fuck things up so to speak.

With a bit of luck the remaining teams in divison one will be able to have a few of the more able players from league 2 and paul might be able to add reality managers to the likes of stoke , wolves , sheff utd and leicester to amek them more competitive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 22:53

sorry did i say leicester, slip of the tongue there
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 23:04

will thats funny as fuck, and you didnt even mean it! english/italian league re-structures Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 23:09

gotta love old richie, he trys ever so hard bless him english/italian league re-structures Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 23:12

to be fair, he's done a terrific job considering he had the shittest of shit teams when he took them over!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul - 10:33

fair to disapointing LMAO!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul - 18:21

yeah fucking right he didnt mean it.

you're a twat Will.

I dont care whether it's 2, 3 or 4 divisions. Honestly, I dont care. Do whatever, and I'll still play. finishing bottom of whichever division you sarcy fuckers care to put me in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: english/italian league re-structures   english/italian league re-structures Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul - 21:45

dont be nasty richie poo's
Back to top Go down

english/italian league re-structures
Page 1 of 1