Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Average Ratings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Average Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Average Ratings   Average Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:45 pm

i just wandered what people thought of having an 'Average Rating' for each player on the squadsheet if it is was possible.

obviously this sort of thing was very much part of the old champ manager games and are also used in a lot of fantasy football games and i think are a nice touch.

Enables you to see, who your star performers are over a period of time, see if your getting the most out of your players over an average time frame at a glance or even just for us to compare how my RB is performing when compared to others RB's

i reckon the system keeps a count on the total points per player as my mattch reports are already saying 'Obfemi Martins this seasons player of the year takes the ball forward'

and i never picked him for that?

just a thought.

Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

Average Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average Ratings   Average Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:13 pm

Quite simply - I like it a lot!

Good idea William!
Back to top Go down

Average Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average Ratings   Average Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Brilliant idea.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Average Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average Ratings   Average Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:42 pm

we used to have something like this on the stats sheet ages ago but it got removed. a players entire performance points for the season used to be added up. wouls be nice for it to be returned for the statto's among us
Back to top Go down

Average Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average Ratings   Average Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:48 am

Statto!! Statto!! Statto !!! lol.

i noticed the team sheet now includes first team games and reserves team games played and goals scored for each player.

Maybe the reserve team games and goals scored count could be sacrificed for it.
Back to top Go down

Average Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average Ratings   Average Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:59 am

i think its a good idea, but maybe its taking the game too far, i'd rather work out my own team stats based on ratings for each match then working out an average over a season than getting paul to do it, mainly because this would take up more of his time and i'd rather a turn arriving on a friday/saturday than a monday/tuesday
Back to top Go down

Average Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average Ratings   Average Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:35 pm

im guessing, and its only a guess

that if the system already kept tabs on players totals for the season as Stu says, then all being well it shouldnt take any of Pauls time as it should just be the system having to calculate the points total / by games played.

pretty simple calculation that im sure would be easy to set up, obviously if that wasnt the case and it jepodised the turn arrivng in time / later than it already does than its a big no no but i reckon it shouldnt be too hard.

Back to top Go down

Average Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average Ratings   Average Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:46 pm

It's a good idea but I'd guess it may end up on one of the other sheets such as player history. I wouldn't want to sacrifice the reserve team games and goals for it (sorry Will) as that's the only place that data is published currently.

You can always work out your own average ratings though, as Lee suggests, and I'm happy doing this if I need the information. Where it may be useful is comparing to other team's averages given the players and tactics they use. But don't forget that the average number will be from all games played, not just those at RB for example. So if you play your RB at PM and he has a great game his average rating may be artificially high.
Back to top Go down

Average Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average Ratings   Average Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:16 pm

fair points Dan.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Average Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average Ratings   Average Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 5:10 pm

the last 3 turns have all reached us on a monday so i tend to agree with lee. paul has had loads and loads of reviews to do recently (this time of year and a world cup year is especially busy for him reviews wise i believe) and this is what is causing delay. makes it all the more important that our turns reach him by the Monday.

if people want a league's PP totals added together for all the teams in it im more than happy to waste 15 minutes a week doing it if you send me the scanned TD sheet for your league. since i already keep track of my own its no skin off my nose and I already have the spreadsheet made up. or i can send you the readymade spreadsheet for you to DIY.
Back to top Go down

Average Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average Ratings   Average Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:04 pm

that sounds like a plan stu.
Back to top Go down

Average Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average Ratings   Average Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Sounds good to me too.
Back to top Go down

Average Ratings
Page 1 of 1