Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep - 15:34

rob, you forgot to mention napoli, who've signed 3 or 4 more 9797s and of course will be defaulted perfectly tuned understanding so they'll be up there as usual aswell i expect. and dont discount ancona, jamie is quietly assembling a very comeptitive side there on the adriatic coast.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep - 15:39

actually, you didnt forget, i just forgot to read properly...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 11:23

Tom@Charlton-Bayern wrote:
Also I expect there will be a lot more forum manager v forum manager games this season to make it more interesting.

That's not the case for me as Ireland and France are both unmanaged!

Bohemians: The domestic double is achievable.

Marseille: A top half finish and a decent cup run with a bunch of kids would be great, but the more likely scenario is a season long scrap at the bottom of the table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 11:27

Martin@Bohemians wrote:
Also I expect there will be a lot more forum manager v forum manager games this season to make it more interesting.

Which begs the question...why the hell are you managing in Ireland & France?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 12:36

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Martin@Bohemians wrote:

Which begs the question...why the hell are you managing in Ireland & France?.

Rich, the answer to that is simple, very simple.

I want to enjoy this game as a test of my management skills within certain paramaters. AND I WANT FUCK ALL INTERACTION WITH PAUL AS IS FAR AS IS POSSIBLE!!! Therefore I am approaching the game in a much more oblique way, which I feel may be a lot of fun, having become jaded, and almost losing interest entirely in this game just under a year ago Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 12:39

Im all for your enjoyment of the game being heightened mate. How does managing in a different league diminish your involvment with Paul?. I aint being argumentative, maybe just a little thick. I just dont get it Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 13:12

Rich,

It is mostly down to me. Full stop.

By playing this game now as a minor passtime I have much lower expectations and it becomes fun again, and also I don't really have the time I used to have to play this game, which now a lower league or leagues participation permits.

I have no need now to pursue Paul week in week out with minor grieviances, and always be ultra competitave, which Serie A & B were. Much more so than the current slew of English managers over the past 2 or 3 seasons.

I enjoy this hobby very much, but also realising the fact that I have a confrontational nature, I want to step back and enjoy it again, without me winding Paul up, or without him winding me up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 13:15

amen. Guess that explains it lol. I shall darken your doorstep no more
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 22:15

any feedback on the results stupot?

do u know if things are running to plan, ie turns get posted on a friday so we have an outside chance of a saturday delivery?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 22:16

im not asking anymore, im fed up with being fed pork pies, sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 22:23

fair do's mate,

Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 22:23

Guess no more results on the forum then. Paul won't volunteer them without being pushed.

Don't blame Stu though, must be really frustrating.

Guess we'll all have to wait until Monday to find out from now on. Sad

Hope I'm wrong, can't see it though.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 22:54

Paul is actually more often than not pretty good at sending me the results, only about 25% of the time i've had to phone to ask him to email the results. what annoys me is when i ring on a friday afternoon or saturday morning and ask how turn processing is going and i get "oh havnt you got them yet, i sent them yesterday...." and then they turn up on monday with a Saturday date stamped on it. just makes me look a twat to be honest and i didnt really enjoy the "stu says....." topic. so from now on stu says nothing and just waits.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 23:05

Bring back The Stig.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 23:18

god Stan Collymore is a boring pundit. whose idea was that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep - 11:18

i prefer getting my results through the post anyways, makes the excitment of opening my turn, cos, tbf, i no everythin else thats in there, its same old same old, so for me, the results not bein on here makes it better for me, just a personal view though, no one take it the wrong way, cos if im honest, i wont care or read any arguement for why its good that they get put on here.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week One - Here we go again....   Week One - Here we go again.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep - 11:27

i have to say im in agreement with Lee.

Although I like getting the results early, as it seems to be a double hit of excitement. This is a play by mail game. Although invariably somebody gets their turn before you do and you know the result by the time you get to the envelope anyway.

If all our turns arrived on the same day, that would be ideal. Finding out at the same time is a good thing. I just wish that was in the envelope.

Personally I'd rather the turns arrived on a saturday, every other saturday.
Back to top Go down

Week One - Here we go again....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2