Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Everton v Liverpool

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Everton v Liverpool Empty
PostSubject: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct - 15:44

Lucas is awful, so is Babel, Joe Cole looks like he's forgotten how to find space, Torres can't compete with Distin & Jags in the air, carragher ain't a full back the problems are endless..

Massive performance from Everton. Thought Coleman was sensational as was Yakubu. Put a little bit of passion in any other red shirt other than Gerrard, and it might have been different. All the lacklustre quality in the won't beat 11 hard workers who play for the shirt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct - 18:22

getting increasingly upset with my decision to let Coleman go, hes really starting to look the nuts, cole spent most of the game chasing his shadow.

Liverpool seem to be playing with minimum belief at the minute and just the hope that the usual two suspects will pull something out to win the day, To be fair thats been the way for a while now and isnt hodgsons doing, financial investment in the playing staff is imperitive come January - no pressure new owners.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct - 19:25

To be fair to Liverpool they have had their midfield destroyed - Mascherano and Alonso leaving and no equivalent replacement brought in. They have decent players in there but not quite what they lost. Also Carragher is slower with every game, Konchesky isn't really a footballer, there are no wingers at the club, Cole and Gerrard look like they're playing the same position and Torres hasn't been prolific in a while. All in all it looks like a major overhaul is needed just to steady the ship never mind qualify for Europe. Just makes me think ... maybe Rafa wasn't shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct - 13:22

rafa spent £240million on players while he was there, name 5 quality rafa signings????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct - 13:26

Reina, Torres, Mascherano..

I'm out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct - 13:27

ooh, Alonso
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct - 13:29

Glen Johnson maybe, Kuyt maybe..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct - 13:30

Skrtel isn't a bad player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct - 13:33

Not sure on the definition of "quality" here but he made a nice turn on Sissoko - bought for 5.6m, sold for 8.2m. Crouch 7m, sold for 11m. Obviously wages will have cut into these deals though. And there are plenty of bad deals!

www.liverweb.org.uk/benitez.asp
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct - 13:33

Agger is pretty good.

Dirk Kuyt looks like an extra off Brookside and seems to be a shit footballer but scores regularly and runs his heart out for the team so he's up there.

Craig Bellamy was good.

Glen Johnson is good although very over priced. Aquilani is probably in the same boat.

But outside of the 4 above there's not a lot. He did persuade Gerrard to stay which for me counts as much as a new signing. Plus he did instigate a stagnant youth sector which is again producing good players.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct - 13:34

p.s. I hate Liverpool and think Benitez should be removed from Inter as I hate him so this is not an out and out defence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct - 22:21

glen johnson reminds me of a rabbit in headlights when a decent winger goes at him, doesnt even come close to decent, alonso, mascherano, torres and maybe luis garcia, but im struggling after that, and then you wonder why the liverpool owners when bust, them four are good, but not worth a combined £240million

decent player counts as a player thats provided liverpool with a good consistant service in performances on the pitch, aquillani cant fall into that catogary, didnt do it at liverpool, although, i do agree, he is a good player
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeThu 12 May - 19:39

Just read this thread again.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeThu 12 May - 19:43

Rob@Inter wrote:
Plus he did instigate a stagnant youth sector which is again producing good players.

Rafa still isn't getting enough recognition for this.

Got to say, Rob obviously knows his stuff about youth players, as he recognised this before all the new recent graduates, whilst not being a Liverpool fan.

I doff my cap to you sir... king
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeThu 12 May - 22:07

If I could benefit from my knowledge I'd be a happy man. Although my youth and schoolboy teams are doing OK this season and not a Liverpool player among them.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Everton v Liverpool   Everton v Liverpool Icon_minitimeSat 14 May - 16:21

ive noticed a few coming out of there caves at work lately. most of them with a scarf from '91. hmm.....
Back to top Go down

Everton v Liverpool
Page 1 of 1