3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 11:51

Hi Guys,

Am in the process of trying to contact Paul regarding a Feeder club and was hoping someone would have some suggestions - Ideally looking at a European Club with a big fan base but open to ideas.

Martin suggested Lyon?

Any thoughts would be great

Thanks

Ben
Back to top Go down

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 11:59

Lyon's a good shout I have to say.

Would give Martin some french competition. Other than that, what about someone like PSV Eindhoven, loads of Dutch kids to new in, and a fair few of them play in England at somepoint.

Italys good for competition wise, but there's a lot of competition for Italian youngsters...and there's always some irratating sod like Stu or Rob that have made the move before you.

Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 12:11

Yeah very true - was going to go to Spain but having thought about it all the Spanish youngsters have been tapped up already- France or Holland think it must be.

South America not worth it at all?

On another point anyone contacted Paul recently - can't get through at all to discuss this with him.

Back to top Go down

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 12:13

I spoke to Paul on Tuesday afternoon. I don't often speak to him but I would guess afternoons may be better for him.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 12:20

I'd suggest France or Portugal if it's youth development you're looking for. South America is tough as there's already a few plundering the kids there. Also Holland isn't a bad shout or maybe even Serbia or Croatia as all former Yugoslav countries get treated as the same nationality so you have a bigger pool of youth to pick from and this market hasn't been too drained.

Just re-read this and I obviously spend too much time thinking about this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 12:41

Thanks guys - Think France may be my first call if Paul will allow me Lyon?

Keep trying him to discuss this but can't seem to get through - may drop him an email but not sure how regularly he checks it

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 15:48

i think he'd let you have lyon but you may want to scout a few teams first. ask martin who is in the top french division. lille used to be a very good side as they were a previously human managed club. they lost a lot of their better players but i have a lyon scout report from a few turns back and they didnt look that fantastic. i think you'd have a better chance of paul accepting you have Lille than Lyon aswell as Lyon are quite a major club now?
Back to top Go down

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 15:55

thats rubbish Stu.

You're telling me that Marseille can be a feeder club for the mighty Bohemians, but Lyon can't be a feeder club for Man Utd?.

Besides, since when was it about what you started with?. I started at Chievo with 8 players all over 30 and useless and £5m.

Edit: Martin has highlighted to me that this statement could be construed as me having a problem with the set-up of Bohemians/Marseille, which couldnt be further from the truth.

I was simply trying to highlight that Stu is wrong. Hopefully I have now achieved that. lol

Apologies Martin.

Last edited by Rich@Leicester on Thu 4 Nov - 17:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 15:56

i do agree you should possibly scout a few teams first. Paul may lumber you with someone you really dont want.

If he wont let you have Lyon, I'd have Eindhoven...or Sporting Lisbon
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 15:58

Ok so shouldn't rush into it then you think?

Ideally want to discuss with Paul but can't get hold of him on the phone at all this week - does he pick up regular emails?

Btw Stu from your Lyon scout report did they have a solid base at all?

Thanks

Ben
Back to top Go down

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 16:04

I think this depends what your after Ben.

Do you want to be in a league that's competitive, or be in a league where there's no competition, but you can NEW all that nations decent youngsters for 150,000?.

What about Galatasery or Fenerbache?. There's nobody in Turkey at all..and from memory i think Galatasery have a decent ish squad in terms of values.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 16:05

I ideally want a central European League which is a bit competitive but where I can use my scouting ability to bring some talented young players in - abeit not all for 150k - a club with a good fan base to make some money and a couple of players to build the team around basically.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 16:13

where did my messago go ffs
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 16:14

bollocks i hit the edit button instead of quote.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 16:17

Rich@Leicester wrote:
thats rubbish Stu.

You're telling me that Marseille can be a feeder club for thr mighty Bohemians, but Lyon can't be a feeder club for Man Utd?.

Besides, since when was it about what you started with?. I started at Chievo with 8 players all over 30 and useless and £5m.

No idea, it depends on the person or how you feel at the time. It just seems an obvious thing to me to scout a couple of teams and gauge what's out their rather than let paul give you something you dont want? Some people might like to start with nothing, my first feeder Palermo had 7 players and 3m and it seemed a good idea at the time. id still have them if it hadnt been forced upon me to change them. others prefer to have atleast something to work on.

When i first took on a feeder club though i know this much - it was a lot easier to make them stronger by swapping and also palermo benefited hugely from the resources of its parent. theres way too many loopholes now to buiild a team so quickly hence my suggestion of scouting a few teams and atleast finding a club with some starting point instead of getting Le Havre or whatever with their 15 8684's. though if thats the challenge you'd like i take my hat off to you for it.

Lyon are ok.

Sorry Rich, i wasnt aware that Marseille were actually the feeder club, i thought it was the other way. not sure really how it can actually be like that tbh. If bohemians can be a parent club to marseille then obviously man u can be to lyon. you may aswell ask for Lazio actually Ben, they have loads of quality.
Back to top Go down

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 16:22

Stu, I found your message!. It's down as me having written it on the previous page? lol

wtf??

Stu, dont apologise to me sunshine. It's all good banter. :-)

Back to top Go down

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 16:22

PSV and Sporting Lisbon are both reality managed already. Lille used to be a good side but when Adam (the developer of this site) left them they were raped stupid and are now crap with a small fan base. Lyon do look a good bet as they are unmanaged, have a decent sized ground and the potential for a massive fanbase.

Last edited by Martin@Bohemians on Thu 4 Nov - 20:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Feeder Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeder Club   Feeder Club Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 16:30

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Stu, I found your message!. It's down as me having written it on the previous page? lol

wtf??

Stu, dont apologise to me sunshine. It's all good banter. :-)

I know, sorry...i was wondeirng where it went and then found i'd edited your post...i cant even return it to its original state!...though you may be able to by removing what i put and just leaving what i quoted you on. sorry bud.
Back to top Go down

Feeder Club
Page 1 of 1