Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Would this worry you?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Would this worry you? Empty
PostSubject: Would this worry you?   Would this worry you? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Nov - 11:11

if this was the manager of your football club.

Having parted with the best part of 8m last year, including 500k on a loan signing that never played.

Hes right in the fact that you do have to invest to move forwards and u cant stand still in football and all that but

' u have to make stella signings to move forward' ........really?

how about getting a scouting network, get yourself down the lower divisions or into the european market and have a look around

Im starting to think Billy is more bothered about just making a point with the chairman than anytihng else.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/nottm_forest/9163862.stm

interested in our resident forest fans opinions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would this worry you?   Would this worry you? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Nov - 11:20

i think Billy sounds more desperate by the day.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Would this worry you?   Would this worry you? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Nov - 13:04

Sounds more frustrated than desparate!

I agree with his main argument that we aren't good enough and need new permanent signings to move on from last season where we hugely over achieved.

But of course as there always is with Davies there was a lot of shit in that interview where he doesnt make sense or contradicts himself.

Obviously gonna be a lot more talk about lack of activity in the last 2 transfer windows as the January window approaches just so the 'Acquisitions Panel' know he's not happy, although if they havent worked that out by now...

Overall though, I'm happy with Davies

On another issue, Derby are looking good, as much as it pains me to say - lets hope it doesnt all go tits up when Commons' hamstring feels a twinge on a cold midweek game that he doesnt fancy and hes out for 3 weeks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would this worry you?   Would this worry you? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Nov - 15:26

It just can't sit well with Doherty surely.

Billy is basically saying he's not getting the backing, Doherty must have put more money into forest than any other chairman has to any other club in the league so if he decides to pull in the purse strings then surely that's his call and it shouldn't be for Billy to go calling him in the press - dangerous game.

I just get the impression there in two different places Billy wants his Stella signings with their nice big wages that will catapalt u and his ego into the premiership and Doherty wants forest in the top flight but whilst not risking their future should it not happen

Were doing well but it's no coincidence commons is playing well,even tracking back - he's after a contract
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would this worry you?   Would this worry you? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Nov - 15:57

Shouldn't he be making STELLAR signing's and not STELLA signing's ?

After four tins of stella everyone makes a shit a few shit signing's.

IMO billy should lay off the stella! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Would this worry you?   Would this worry you? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Nov - 16:07

stella was a diver and she was always down. that's billy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would this worry you?   Would this worry you? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Nov - 17:28

Martin@Bohemians wrote:
Shouldn't he be making STELLAR signing's and not STELLA signing's ?

After four tins of stella everyone makes a shit a few shit signing's.

IMO billy should lay off the stella! lol!

Lmao!

My bad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would this worry you?   Would this worry you? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Nov - 22:06

I don't like F*rest, and Mystic Billy is becoming tiresome with his transparent 'blame game' post match interviews.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Would this worry you?   Would this worry you? Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov - 19:42

i listened to this for the first time and you can see why the players are underperforming this year if billy doesnt think they're top six material. the guy has a bad loser attitude i think, the sort of attitude i'd probably have if i was managing a football club with much less resources than Forest....somebody like altrincham perhaps. i get the impression he's the sort of guy who switches off his playstation when he's 3-0 down at half time.
Back to top Go down

Would this worry you?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Football Chat-
Jump to: