HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Week 14

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May - 17:45

You may have noticed I've been a bit quiet lately.

I have now resolved to be louder and more active on here again...am sure you'll all be pleased about that. Especially Tom :-)

Week 14 sees a must win at home to Bolton. Strange to say 'must win' after one defeat following 3 straight wins...but I am not going through the lottery of the play offs. Bolton are in the mix themselves in 5th I think...so must be ruthless.

The returning Pavlyuchenko, Park & Andrews will bolster a weakened side, that should still have had enough to get a result of some sort at St Mary's.

On another note, am very encouraged by the changes made by Paul. Gerrards move to Liverpool raised an eyebrow..and I just hope he doesnt strip Plymouth over time.

Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May - 18:11

I've noticed that the forum is generally quiet lately! hopefully the 2 new managers that have entered the game will sign-up soon.

but i do think its week 15... as this week was week 14.

im mid table at the moment with 6 points off the relegation zone..

ive had a few mixed results with FAS, as everyone seems to have moved on or evolved from the primitive formation. so im going to try myself a new tactic. and im trying the new ISF tactic in friendlies so hopefully that will shape up good.

Cant believe im actually going to say this but the return of Alumina *hangs head* to the starting line up and Fellaini who hasnt been in my team for a couple of weeks and wasnt impressed with Abou Diaby's displays.

Im very pleased actually with the Gerrard to Liverpool, i think its great to see a team having there actual players yes the liverpool manager might be set back a few pennies, but im sure its worth it. i dont believe plymouth will be stripped as there core team is still extremely impressive. was a huge shame to see Dan leave though.

i have to admit, it was good to sit down with my turn and look at and see where i needed to tweak my backroom and most importantly my finances as they are looking abit unsettling lol!

Back to top Go down

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May - 18:17

week 14/15 then! who cares lol

Should have just put "Next Week".

Mind you, there'd always be some smart arse to ask me if I meant this week! lol
Back to top Go down

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May - 18:24

want to echo the above about some of the new things paul has brought into the game.

All extreamly good in my opinion, dont get me wrong its testing and maybe i myself have had a little frustration with a few but all the change make perfect sense and importantly i can see very clearly how they will benefit the game long term.

another big game this week against Phillip's flamboyent Arsenal, ill be doing my best to drag u down to my level mate Wink

massive week for me last week thumping 3rd placed blackburn 4-0, and to reach a FA cup quarter final and a Europer cup Semi final is even sweeter, nearly as much as sticking 4 past mr tyler who seem to have the footballing weight of the world on his shoulders right now.

Target is still very much survival, with mark and Gaz starting to find wins the relegation dog fight is going right to the wire.!

hopefully spurs will slip into it so we can all battle it out again next year!!

Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May - 19:24

On a brief note do the new managers know about this forum? Noticed there are no contact details for them? Worth someone posting them a private note or asking Paul to mention the forum in the newsletter. Also noticed that Bayern and Milan have new managers....
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May - 20:13

Big week at Inter, but I think every week is. Top 3 in Italy are separated by 3 points so I have Juve and Milan just behind and closing. I just have to keep winning. Pressure.

On the player front I have finally got some back up for Eto'o with Cavani coming in and the LB I've wanted in Coentrao. On a negative side I was on the cusp of an amazing deal to realise last minute that I had to delay it for a few weeks - was gutted but it's on the way eventually.
Back to top Go down

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 12:08

Ben@ManUnited wrote:
On a brief note do the new managers know about this forum? Noticed there are no contact details for them? Worth someone posting them a private note or asking Paul to mention the forum in the newsletter. Also noticed that Bayern and Milan have new managers....

Ben, there will be nothing from Paul to these new managers pointing them at the forum.

This however is assuming that they are actually real life managers. They may well be fakes put in place by Paul to make the game feel busier than it is.

Whether they're real or not, to be honest, I really don't care. As long as they're active..I'm happy.

We had a long drawn out discussion/argument about this last season, which led to the reality manager changes, which I think we all agree were for the positive.

So, perhaps mention it on the back of your team sheet, and see what happens. My guess is that they'll all have an 'fsmail' domain name as their only contact method.

Like I say. Not a problem to me anymore. Just like the way the game is moving over all. I just think we could do with a few more managers to participate on here.

Back to top Go down

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 13:01

I've got City away this turn. Not expecting anything to be honest!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 15:29

Rich@Leicester wrote:
I just think we could do with a few more managers to participate on here.

yeah....even if they register with an fsmail account, i'd certainly let it slip under the rug for the price of a free turn or something.

ben, the only real managers are the ones on here and thats all you need to worry about. paul probably just forgot to tell you about the forum i expect, it used to be printed on the newseltter and contacts page. or may be he just didnt want you to find out things by communing with us and chose to not to tell you. still, you made it here so who cares.....how did you find it anyway?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 15:46

back to week 14/15...

skill or will. my team has neither. and i'm fast running out myself. obviously not the skill bit,
I never had that. at the moment i'm just pissing in the wind.
Back to top Go down

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 16:06

Stu, is it do you think anything to do with your absolute stead-fast refusal to go a week without doing a big deal..or swapping half your side around?

If you tell me all your lot are on superb TU...I'll be amazed!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 16:11

the only players in my 23 man squad not on superb are candreva, thiago silva and gaetano d'agostino. so, TU is not an issue. not when you turnaround 9 friendlies a week it isnt! Smile
Back to top Go down

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 16:12

Stuart@Roma wrote:
the only players in my 23 man squad not on superb are candreva, thiago silva and gaetano d'agostino. so, TU is not an issue. not when you turnaround 9 friendlies a week it isnt! Smile

So it's simply a case of not being good enough then? :-)
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 16:14

well, you can be blunt or dress it up like a tranny....a club needs one of two things to succeed, preferably a bit of both....skill or will Smile
Back to top Go down

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 16:37

And Roma are made up of?...apathy and inability?
Back to top Go down

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 18:44

Not sure who i'm playing but i'm only 4 points from safety now whicj is looking a hell of a lot better than it did a few turns back and now Suarez is nicely settled in,David Luiz will be ging in to my freindlies team, He is currently 9494 if i was to review him, what do you lot think would be a realistic rating to review?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 18:51

Rich@Leicester wrote:

i'm not sure what you can say a team is made up of if can't beat atalanta, genoa and dundee. big time charlies perhaps.
Back to top Go down

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 18:52

Dont see why he shouldnt be a 9795 personally
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 18:58

well i think you might have to wait till he's played atleast a full season? depending on his TS he might not need a huge review. but he has played for Brazil 5 times... so i agree he could possibley be a 9795.. but until hes played more then 12 games or what ever it is in the premier league lol.

Back to top Go down

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 19:37

Quite agree with that Phil. Suppose we need to get out of the mentality that just because a big club has spent a fortune on him..doesn't necessarily make him a player

Torres to 9994 anyone?!? Sorry Iain...I'll shut up now :-)
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 21:12

Stuart@Roma wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:

i'm not sure what you can say a team is made up of if can't beat atalanta, genoa and dundee. big time charlies perhaps.

Stu, you have a load of quality from Buffon to Thiago Silva to De Rossi, Krasic, Gomez ............ I have no idea what the issue is although I think replacing Luisao and Gamberini with Bonucci and Thiago will be a big help. Midfield and up front you're as strong as any team in Italy and in fact your strength in depth is better than anyone.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May - 20:56

Rob@Inter wrote:

On the player front I have finally got some back up for Eto'o with Cavani coming in and the LB I've wanted in Coentrao.

Gutted.

Tried to get Coentrao for the last 10 turns in a row. Didn't happen for various reasons, different positions being the main one. Then he becomes unmanaged, so I thought this is it. Offered him a massive deal, wages and signon, more than Rob offered, yet the rules change again regarding feeder clubs.

Gutted.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May - 20:57

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Sorry Iain...I'll shut up now :-)

If only..... Razz
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May - 21:10

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Rob@Inter wrote:

On the player front I have finally got some back up for Eto'o with Cavani coming in and the LB I've wanted in Coentrao.

Gutted.

Tried to get Coentrao for the last 10 turns in a row. Didn't happen for various reasons, different positions being the main one. Then he becomes unmanaged, so I thought this is it. Offered him a massive deal, wages and signon, more than Rob offered, yet the rules change again regarding feeder clubs.

Gutted.

Sorry Tom. I'd probably been after him for the same number of weeks and 1 week I even tried to swap him in 2 different dealings for 2 different players covering 6 positions and he ended up playing in a different one again. It won't help but I also made 14m on the swap deal.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14   Week 14 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May - 21:19

Fair play mate, at least you have been after him for a while too!

Looks like he is on his way to Real Madrid too!!
Back to top Go down

Week 14
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next