Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:49 pm

given the expense, I really wish paul would make these tournaments stronger and more competitive. i see no point taking part for no reason other than reserves getting a game. last season rich and I should have battered dundee and dinamo moscow in our group, they were genuine sacks of shite. honestly, they didnt even have a 90 rated player between them. it would be much better if both comps were 16 teams rather than 32 so that they actually featured worthy oppostion. i'd rather go out to a decent outfit than a side thats worse than fucking alfreton town. It just makes the game look a complete joke. but im not going to crow on about it, cos it'll be highlighted all the more when people stop taking part.
Back to top Go down

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:34 am

Not made my mind up yet cos 8 quid is bit steep for an extra few match reports not mention you have to pay extra aswell for a next opponet sheet, So your looking at £ 12 plus really
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 12:11 pm

I think that we need to make some changes to the European side of the game. I think that it is fine leaving the weaker teams in there - the same happens in the Champions League, but that the most important thing is to increase its importance in the game.

In real life, being in the Champions League attracts better players, has a massive financial implication to clubs etc. Could this at all be mirrored in CF. For instance if the winner of the Premiership in England gets say £x million then the winner of the CL should at least get double this?

I am not sure if this happens in the CF but does playing in the CL gain you access to a better quality of player. For instance with NEW's should the criteria change from real life club to reputation of your club (amongst other factors)?

Not saying anything above is right or wrong but just some thoughts on this...

Thanks

Ben

Back to top Go down

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:51 pm

The reputation of most clubs in England is directly or indirectly due to being able to New any player you wish, for smaller teams it could be a potential Goldmine if you New the right player.
Back to top Go down

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:06 pm

I decided against europe as its just not worth the cost but feel i may suffer because of it cos some players wont play which could effect the squad morale. It feels as if your being forced to enter it to keep the squad happy and that takes the enjoyment out of it for me.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:30 pm

I think the opportunity to keep players happy by giving them games is too important to miss out on. I'm in for Europe and the Libertadores but not sure on International.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:52 pm

i just think its a bollocks reason for me to spend 8 quid on Roma in the europa league. i can see why rob and anyone with more than 15 quality players would get some sort of benefit, but i've only got three players outside my starting 11 that want to be involved and to be honest if they want a game they can just fuck off somewhere else.
Back to top Go down

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:07 am

Stu needs to get laid or have a wank...his frustration is building up again lol
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:42 am

Gaz, you live near him. Can you help him out?
Back to top Go down

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:17 pm

erm.........no thanks
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:38 pm

im not at all frustrated, just stating a fact.
Back to top Go down

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:39 pm

despite the cost, im entering it.

purely to keep fringe players happy.

things are starting to get a little steep cost wise though.

i think that will rule out trying to get any fresh faces into the game from our end.

need to have a look at what type of turn i need to order with which extras in terms of value for money.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 5:23 pm

could be my last season if postal costs go up as projected. it'll cost more to play and more to send a turn. cant really justify it too much longer to be honest. the rise in costs can only be avoided with the game going online, but the game is too proud of the tradition of being play-by-mail, which is all very nice but as you say will, you're not going to get the punters
Back to top Go down

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 5:41 pm

its just when u compare it with things like Fifa,

a one off cost of £40 odd quid, but u get hours of endless entertainemt playing online,career mode or ultimate team.

soccer manager is free of charge and then uv got sky 965, so i mean how much time do u need to fill. Embarassed

on a serious note though its a great game and its really about time it went online with turn submission or emailed turns if not purely ensure it carrys on with current numbers, id still happily pay £3 -4 for an emailed turn.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:06 pm

well yes, paul still has to eat,shit and run the game so there's no way it could be free to play like soccer manager and nobody would ever expect it either. it's merely guess work of mine but i imagine that currently more than half the turn cost is running costs and whatever's left is put in a pot for either game development or for paul's 'labour', which is perfectly reasonable. im sure ive got that wrong, turn expenses could even be 75% for all i know or maybe higher and paul makes close to fuck all out of the game...i've no idea....but yeah even if it was 3 or 4 quid you wouldnt mind. i'm not going to pay a quid for a first class stamp next year or whatever the rumour mill is suggesting, the royal mail can fuck right off. 3 or 4 quid for an emailed turn is better than 6,7 or 8 quid next year by the time you've posted the thing.
Back to top Go down

Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe   Europe Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:18 pm

I haven't entered Europe for Leicester...in a moment of madness I entered Betis..

Can't let the Leicester lads get distracted, must go straight through the championship for the holy grail that is the premiership. If we don't go up now, this squad will be too old, and I'll have to rebuild again on a lesser budget.
It's a shit or bust season for the foxes.

Betis target?. 3rd and one decent result against one of the big boys.
Back to top Go down

Europe
Page 1 of 1