Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stuart@WestHam
League Two - 86/86
League Two - 86/86
Stuart@WestHam

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec - 12:51

Hey Paul (or anyone)

any chance of a list of unmanaged teams (decent potential).

I am thinking about coming back and playing in the new year    (uh-oh!) cherry  lol
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec - 15:54

Fantastic news! Don't think the UT exists anymore.  Plenty of teams are reality managed though and would welcome you with open arms I'm sure!

I could give you the English, French and Brazilian teams. I'm sure Rob could send you the Italian and Dutch as well.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec - 18:51

England are as usual very full but these teams are free
Championship teams Everton 8th a point off the playoffs,Hull heading for League One.
League One teams QPR Sunderland Ipswich Blackpool Reading.
League Two teams Derby.

Italy nobody free with any potential.

more to follow.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@WestHam
League Two - 86/86
League Two - 86/86
Stuart@WestHam

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jan - 12:05

I guess it's better to narrow things down a bit to make things easier all round Smile

I am thinking a league with a good economic factor, good ratings potential and ideally not a nation where every decent under 18 and under 17 / schoolboy is taken.

There's probably not many of those cos the guys on here are pretty damned hardcore Wink

I was thinking of Portugal, but I guess it depended on who was available.

However, I was/am also wondering about a feeder at some point too (later on), and I'd definitely want one club in England cos that seems to be where the action is Smile   So...do I go main team England and feeder abroad or vice versa?

Lastly, Is everyone playing with emailed turns now or are things still done through the post?

Sorry...so many questions study , it's been 4 and a half years since I last played...time flies.  Good to read about so many mini-you's being born in recent years (I was going to say season's then!).  Sad to hear about some other long time players leaving too.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@WestHam
League Two - 86/86
League Two - 86/86
Stuart@WestHam

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jan - 3:09

Ok, thanks Tom and Rob for pms.  I guess it's best for main club in England then and I'll probably start with just that and then maybe look for a feeder at a later date, maybe at the end of the current season.

One other thing I'm pondering about...is the economic factor in the game dependent purely on the country or is it a mixture of country/city you are in? I only ask that because in football manager there are regional economic factors (i.e London is more attractive than Liverpool or Sunderland and the potential at least is greater there for a club to prosper). Can CF clubs in London charge more for stuff than those in the North and are they more attractive for players?  Cos both those things would have its advantages if it were the case.  If the economic factor is the same in the north as it is in London then its no problem, but just thought it was worth asking about Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jan - 9:38

There are regional factors amongst other things, which allow big city clubs to charge more, these are currently :-

eng ( london manc brum liverpool newcastle sunderland sheffield ), ger ( munich berlin dortmund cologne hamburg gladbach schalke dresden ), ita ( rome naples turin milan ) spa ( madrid barcelona bilbao valencia seville ) rus ( moscow ) por ( lisbon porto ) sco ( glasgow edinburgh ) bra ( sao paulo rio ) arg ( buenes aires ) usa ( new york ) jap ( tokyo ) aut ( vienna ) fra ( paris marseille monaco ) hol ( amsterdam eindhoven rotterdam ) bel ( brussels liege ) gre ( athens ) tur ( istanbul ). 

but the list does change from time to time.

Depends on how much of a challenge you want.

Reigning Champions can also charge more.

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Mon 2 Jan - 10:20; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jan - 9:41

You probably want Everton then as they would qualify for a bigger income than either derby or ipswich but the competition for youngsters is pretty fierce in England.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@WestHam
League Two - 86/86
League Two - 86/86
Stuart@WestHam

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jan - 10:49

thanks Paul Smile

Well, Everton looks a good choice, but just cos there's always the off chance that Ross might come out of retirement in the future I think I will only take them if West Ham is not available.  If they're not, I'd like to at least put my name on the waiting list for West Ham for when they do come available.  I couldn't live with myself for being the man who takes Ross's beloved toffees to the mire and then he comes back, it'd be just my luck Smile  

Can I send you money via pay pal Paul in the hope to get a turn back when everyone else does?
Otherwise I can send a money transfer from my online bank account, though that will probably take 48 hours or so, pay pal is usually quicker Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jan - 12:45

Start up turns are free of charge so no need to send any money yet.

Turns are sent out by email now, all except the order sheets which will arrive in the post, I'll also send you a rulebook, cos a bit has changed in the intervening years. So I need your address and email and then I can set you up for this turn.

Westham are currently managed although I haven't had any orders from the manager for a couple of weeks and I may have to sack him, but I've added you to Westham's waiting list for this week. In the meantime I can send you QPR in league one, currently under the stewardship of reality manager Harry Redknapp they don't have a bad squad, mostly ex-under 21 players and lesser internationals rated around 94.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@WestHam
League Two - 86/86
League Two - 86/86
Stuart@WestHam

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jan - 13:01

Ok, lets get things started with QPR then, it'd be good to have a few turns of experimentation at least and to get back into the swing of things and if West Ham does come available in the coming weeks I'll happily take them, would be the perfect place to build something, great potential with that club Smile

I shall send you my address now.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jan - 13:19

Your name is still plastered all over Raith Rovers in game 2, a lot of the records you set with them are still in place and that was way back from game 2 season 03. They've slipped into the non-league now but they are still active in game one.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@WestHam
League Two - 86/86
League Two - 86/86
Stuart@WestHam

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jan - 13:50

haha.  That was my first club in the game, Raith Smile  Way back in 1995 I think.  I think I went on quite a long unbeaten run there from when I took over and into the next season.  I remember having players like Jari Litmanen (who at the time with a 9090 rating was considered world class in the game lol), I was also 'lucky' to have the likes of Stevie Crawford and Colin Cameron who had pretty decent careers (there was a homegrown rule I think at the time, or at least in that game, so British players were very hard to sign).  I also had the Swiss striking duo of Chapuisat and Turkylimaz.  Was a pretty good team I had considering it was a small club not really capable of reaching even 10,000 attendances with how it was at the time. I certainly punched my weight with them.  

I could never finish higher than third though, Cameron Macaskill was a quality manager at Rangers and there was another guy at Hibs - Graeme Mackenzie?  I could never get the beating of those two, but finished above Celtic and Aberdeen each season I was there which was an achievement itself.  You'll possibly remember Michael O'Neill (who I went to school with) was also playing at this time as Aberdeen manager.  I think Partick had a decent little team then too, Scotland was quite competitive!  I thought it was quite an interesting setup, something like only 5 foreigners in the starting line-up the ruling at the time?  Was very tough.

I think my biggest feat was selling a player called Jason Dair to Arsenal for something like 5 or 6 million which was quite a lot of money 20 years ago in the game.  I knew he was never going to have a a fantastic career (in RL) cos he was a bit lightweight and injury prone, so it was a pretty easy sell.  I think I got Martin Keown or some other Arsenal player chucked into that deal aswell and he became an immense figure for Arsenal in later years.  In hindsight I probably should have carried on with the project instead of moving to....Barcelona I think it was, back when you used to have the European Super Leagues.  That was tough!

You're trying to tempt me into a romantic reunion with Scotland huh Razz
Back to top Go down
Stuart@WestHam
League Two - 86/86
League Two - 86/86
Stuart@WestHam

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jan - 14:11

Oh yeah, and I tihnk Carlos Gamarra was my next best signing for Raith after Litmanen. He really did turn into a great player, I doubt many people heard of him on here but he was an absolute quality centre back for Paraguay.  I think I got lucky newing him from having managed the Paraguay national team.

See, now look what you've done, you've got me reminiscing and wondering If I can repeat the feat with a basement English team Smile  lol.  The difference is, there's so much stuff around about players now, back then you had an advantage if you bought World Soccer and Four Four Two every month.  It really is funny when you think how times changed since then!  Like, nobody had the internet back then.  haha.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@WestHam
League Two - 86/86
League Two - 86/86
Stuart@WestHam

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan - 15:39

Hey Paul, I was wondering...it might be better if I take a club first in another league which I could later tag as feeder club to West Ham when they come available?  I mean, seems to make sense, at least I could make some deals then with a team that I know I'll have at least some future with for the players.   I guess the main thing is it needs to be a club where you'd be happy to be feeder to a club like West Ham.  I am kind of liking the idea of a feeder club in Portugal.  It's either that or maybe Scotland actually.  Would there be a lesser or easier settling in period / cultural adaption if I had players in Scotland moving to England than Portugal to England?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan - 15:45

Scottish clubs can play anybody but English clubs are restricted still in who they can play, the difference lies in youngsters really, if you have a small Scottish club, like Raith, then you can bring in new scottish under22 players for £150,000 ( smaller clubs from some leagues get cheaper youngsters to help with their feeder status ), whereas Westham would have to pay £350,000 for under22 english players and all portuguese clubs also pay £350,000 for their under22 home nationality players. English clubs can play scottish players without limit but probably cant play portuguese players unless they meet the criteria for overseas players playing in England ( real life british club ).
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan - 15:51

The way I have my clubs set up is, Banstead are the parent club, currently League One, and Stithians are my feeder club, they are in the Hellenic league atm and so get free under22 players which helps my Banstead side out no end ( they only have 500 seats in their stadium atm ) although I did just bid £8m in an attempt to take Wilshire to Banstead it is a struggle taking a small club up the leagues as Wilshere eventually moved for over £20m, so I'm well off the pace, but it's fun.

Banstead should really be a feeder club to one of the bigger clubs for the system to work at its optimum with Banstead signing cheap under22s to then sell on to a bigger club. 

Westham and a club like Raith would work pretty well for Westham, but maybe not so much success for Raith. If you want more success at your feeder club then you need a bigger club than Raith.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@WestHam
League Two - 86/86
League Two - 86/86
Stuart@WestHam

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan - 16:10

Paul Hemmings wrote:
If you want more success at your feeder club then you need a bigger club than Raith.
aww that's a shame Sad  Is that cos the club can only get so big due to the area it is in then or something?  What about Aberdeen? geek  I mean, outside of the big two up there, I'd imagine only the two Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen being in areas which could grow a decent sized club.
 I need a club where it can work for both and have a good chance of building up Smile  I don't want it to be the case that the feeder is basically screwed or quite heavily limited on where it can get.  Just cos that might be the only place I can win anything with England being so highly competitive, so it definitely needs to have good foundations Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan - 16:36

Well it is possible to grow a small club into a big club, for instance in Scotland lets take Celtic 120,000 all seater stadium at £35 a seat nets them £4.2m for a home game maximum, and to get that they have to have a large fanbase as well, so they need supporters clubs, internet cafes and the like to increase their fanbase, a club like Raith can have that too, kirkcaldy is 11 miles from Edinburgh so they could be classified as a big city suburd in the same way that watford are in London. So it is possible would take a fair time though and i would have to reclassify them which I would be willing to do.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@WestHam
League Two - 86/86
League Two - 86/86
Stuart@WestHam

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan - 16:41

Ok, if they can be classified as a big city suburb then that would be great, I'll go for it.  Will take a while to get things going there I think, a big challenge for sure.  Still, as Chris Martin once said, nobody said it was easy Smile

Keep me on the list for West Ham and when they come up I'll have them as main club and Raith as the feeder.  
Cheers Paul  cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan - 16:45

Welcome back mate  cheers
Back to top Go down
Stuart@WestHam
League Two - 86/86
League Two - 86/86
Stuart@WestHam

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan - 17:03

cheers, lets go! alien
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Teams available? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teams available?   Teams available? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan - 17:47

Okay I'll send you Raith and put you on the list for Westham.
Back to top Go down

Teams available?
Page 1 of 1