6 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Reserve Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Reserve Teams...   Reserve Teams... Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep - 18:13

Have reserve teams really been gone that long ?

I was chatting to one of the players in game two the other day and he asked me what the reserve team was for and how should he be using it, and it struck me, has it really been that long since reserve teams were abolished in real life and do we still want them in the game ?

Something to discuss maybe.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Reserve Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reserve Teams...   Reserve Teams... Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep - 18:17

Systems attached to the reserve team include Morale, Team Understanding and Competition for places in the first team and if we were to remove the reserve teams then I would have to touch those 3 systems at the very least.

I'd also change the Youth team to be an Under24 team rather than an Under 22 team.

Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Reserve Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reserve Teams...   Reserve Teams... Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep - 18:26

A few ideas...

Morale could be simplified, if you play that week then morale goes up a click, if you dont play then morale goes down a click. The History could be removed.

Team Understanding could stay similar as it does improve if you play in friendlies.

Competition could be removed.

A few possible knockon problems...

If a player reaches 24 and is not considered good enough for any teams first team squad where do they go, at the moment there are about 1000 players in the non-league at club 999, and most of the smaller clubs use the others to fillout their reserve teams but if reserve teams are abolished then these players would have to go into club 999, or I could delete them.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Reserve Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reserve Teams...   Reserve Teams... Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep - 18:28

I think if we did abolish reserve teams we would also have to lift the limit on squad sizes.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Reserve Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reserve Teams...   Reserve Teams... Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep - 18:47

Interesting concept, as most clubs don't actually run with this format anymore however I'm sure there are teams that as four that have signed played for there reserve team who as for example 9797 but 24+ years of age to provide competition for place. How would that be built into the new format ?
Back to top Go down
Dave@Villa
International 94/94
International 94/94
Dave@Villa

Reserve Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reserve Teams...   Reserve Teams... Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep - 23:17

If it works, don't fix it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Reserve Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reserve Teams...   Reserve Teams... Icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep - 10:29

I'm with Dave, really don't think it needs looking at.  Quite enjoy the format as it is, think it is setup really well.

I know I'm probably alone, but I take all the leagues seriously, right down to the schoolboy league.  Enjoy all of them.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

Reserve Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reserve Teams...   Reserve Teams... Icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep - 15:17

Probably be a tough transition for you and us!

The whole squad size is dependent on what games are being played, including reserves. 
For instance I have players that I know aren't getting in the first team, but if they are in the reserves they are good enough to 'push' the first team regulars.

I imagine each manager would need to reassess their whole squad size and composition should any changes to reserves and/or youths be made. That'll be even tougher when every manager is trying to do that at the same time.

There are still 'reserves' of a sort though aren't there? In La Liga and (I think) the Bundesliga they allow a 'B' team to actually play in the leagues.

Andy.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Reserve Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reserve Teams...   Reserve Teams... Icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep - 16:10

Andy@Schalke wrote:

There are still 'reserves' of a sort though aren't there? In La Liga and (I think) the Bundesliga they allow a 'B' team to actually play in the leagues.

Andy.
It depends country but Andy’s right. In a lot of countries B team football is huge and the teams are run as professional entities. In Spain it’s hugely important.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Reserve Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reserve Teams...   Reserve Teams... Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep - 17:22

Thanks for the great feedback as usual, I will leave things as they are.
Back to top Go down

Reserve Teams...
Page 1 of 1