Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Empty
PostSubject: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun - 16:03

That's right folks, the day you all dreaded, this will come as a complete shock to some (think King Kenny resigning from the Liverpool job in the 90's) and others it will not come as a surprise at all (cos I've already told them yesterday Wink).

I am formally handing in my notice at The Stadium of Light, even though the Chairman has begged be to stay (a touch embarrassing at the time from the old boy but touching all the same) I've decided to leave my post as Sunderland A.F.C. manager and the game as a whole.

I have said my goodbyes to the players (in a multitude of languages as required at the SOL nowadays) and back room staff (whats left of them after all that recent poaching), and given Betty the tea lady a kiss on the cheek for all those milk with one sugars Wink

I have 9 individual reasons why I've left, but you don't need to hear all them, only Matt had that dubious pleasure, as I felt after the sterling work he did for my club whilst I was chasing (and not often catching) scandinavian hotties in south america, he deserved to know the full and real reason Wink

The main reason is time basically, I used to have time to do some work on champ footy at work, this is certianly no longer the case. And my enthusiasm to put in the much needed work out of office hours has diminished to a low level mainly having not really done a turn so far in 2010, due to me going to the US of A in Jan and South America from Feb to end of April. The further delay in receiving the turn after I got back didnt help maing it over 4 months without doing anything.

As I say this isn't the only reason just the main serious one, as there are certain things (which a lot of you know) that happen in the game that I just don't agree with, and spoils some of the enjoyment for myself.

I hope the game can get some much needed new blood, as I also think this is a huge weakness. Its a superb game as you all know, but I did expect after all this time in it, after joining with the likes of 'Fence Sitter I dont want to upset anyone' William and 'How has he not been sacked after last season' Rich (sorry couldnt resist boys) I expected the numbers to have increased significantly. If that were to happen and each league had more real life managers I think the product would be a lot better.

Anyway enough of me taking up your precious time, please get back to finding the next big thing.

On a final note, I hope Sunderland don't get raped in terms of its talent (yes I have a few players worth having they aren't all bad), and Nottingham lads never worry any social event involving beer whether Champ footy related or not, i will be there. In fact i'll organise some, cos those meet ups are cracking for the banter alone.

As the Brazilians would say

Tchau/Ciao

Dan@.....................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun - 16:09

what talent?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun - 16:49

YES! Back to only having one Dan in the game!

Seriously, sorry to see you leave Dan. Hope everything works out for you in the future and that you continue your travels (South America looks awesome!)

Take care and I hope to see you back here one day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun - 17:15

Sorry to see you go Dan. All the best and hope to see you back here one day!
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun - 17:37

Shame to see you go Dan -

Hope u have a change of heart and come back soon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun - 17:39

What the fuck?
After all the time and effort Ive spent on your turn. ..the months of late nights trying to figure out what the fuck you were doing before I took over..... and now it's wasted, all wasted.
I'll never get that 20 minutes back, you do realise that don't you Rigby??!! Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBCq8XDgrP0

Edit :

Obviously, sorry to see you go mate, especially as you were the one that got me into this game in the first place.
Perhaps you'll find some time/enthusiasm and re-join again in the future.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun - 21:47

Sorry to see you go Dan, although I have got my eye on one of your playes already.

How much is David Di Michele worth do you think.....? And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

PostSubject: Re: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun - 22:38

Short but sweet.

You were a pleasure to deal with Dan, all the best for the future mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jun - 9:23

LOL Tom, depends who's buying, it can vary between £500,000 (what I paid) and about £5million which I believe someone else paid - no names Wink

Only 1? It appears you are more interested in my backroom staff Wink

Mark you were one of only a select rare few that did deal with me Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jun - 17:41

I thought Dan was at Plymouth?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jun - 18:04

Good luck in whatever you do Dan, Sunderland will miss you.......probably not lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jun - 18:08

I hear a rumour Dan is interviewing his potential replacement this evening..
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jun - 18:42

good luck dan, its a real shame for the game to lose such a good sport and honest and frank player. really hope to see you back in the future. You can continue to log on here as you wish and if you want me to remove the @Sunderland part to your username then I will.

all the best mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jun - 20:33

Sorry to see you go Dan.

Good luck with whatever you get upto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain   And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jun - 22:21

I was interviewing a gentleman to take over at the helm at Sunderland tonight, and he's quite the amateur footballer in real life, superb passing and vision, anyway.... unfortunately he said No to Sunderland and the game as a whole.

A missed opportunity, he's quite the guy and knows some impressive contacts at Hooters in Nottingham.

I'll let you all get back to the banter on here folks, I may pop up from time to time with some youtube gems, or random quotes. That's what I'm best at I think.

Good luck all, and say no to cheating! You know its wrong lol
Back to top Go down

And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain
Page 1 of 1