Jamie@Watford
Tom
Rob@Barcelona
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 22:46

just wandered what people thought about the way its currently diveed up.

Was talking to Tom today about it the other day, and he said for reaching the Europa league cup final against Rob he recieved a quite poultry 500k.

i think i got 5m for purely participating in the world cup in which my rather feeble serbia side didnt win a single game granted i was publicy flogged infront of the nation but for 5 quid thats ok

Last season i got 3m for getting promoted from league one to the championship, rich and tom got 3 million for getting relegated to league 2 from league one, Dan got 3m for survinging in league one
Ja got 3m for keeping his watford side up in the championship.

i dont know what other prize money people have attained through winning other trophys or reaching other finals or simply participating in the top flight,

Personally id quite like to see a little more reward for those having a good cup run or getting promoted or even just surviving at a higher level.

any thoughts? , nothing crazy just maybe suttle changes, dare i say it maybe even a premiership style extra 200k per place you finish.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 23:03

I got 1m for winning the Europa League - not great!!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 23:04

i am submitting something about this with my turn. the world cup winner gets 20 million and my belief is the champions league is equally as prestigious so the winner of that should get 20m too, and the runner-up say 10m. winner of europa i was going to suggest gets 10m and runner-up 5. premier league winner 15m? championship 5m, league one 3m, league two 1m. fa cup winner 5m? runner up 2m?

i think that would be about right and you are right will the way its divided up is a bit out...i think those amounts i've suggested are more realistic.
Back to top Go down

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 23:09

If the prizes for competitions are going to be increased I hope Paul decreases the money obtained in other areas (maybe by reducing it from another competition). Also if there's suddenly a flood of money into the game I believe it'll spoil the game. Best to keep things competitive in my opinion and leave cash actually worth something.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 23:17

competitive? did a black sheep just enter the room? how many cash deals have you done since gerrard out of interest, dan? cash is only worth something to new players with really but it does need to be better proportioned.
Back to top Go down

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 23:21

agree Dan, deffinately would have to take money out of the game somewhere else.

first suggestion is the world cup, maybe slightly less for Stadium and shirt sponsors.

i think it stands at the minute 25m for premier league not matter where you finish and then 3m in any other division no matter where you finish.

we'll give it top priority at work tommorrow and see if we cant put together another suggestion to go with Stus and then see what we all think.

(might even ask the customers lol)
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 23:23

Stuart@Roma wrote:
competitive? did a black sheep just enter the room?
what i mean here is it already isnt competitive so how does that figure? i mean you're literally on your own in england dan at the moment as it is and pretty dominant so surely the better prize money would actually mean the other teams are stronger?

if the world cup winner got 10 and the CL winner got 10m then thats fair. but what isnt fair is that the CL winner gets 5m and the world cup winner 20m. thats my point here. oh and will, its better to hear everyone's suggestions, not just mine.
Back to top Go down

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 23:42

Agree cash is already devalued to a large extent in the game. Only saying I wouldn't like it to get further devalued via the injection of new cash.

Agree people don't really like to do cash deals for the top players. This is largely due to my first point.

I'm all for a better distribution of the cash prizes though.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 23:49

yeah. i think the sensible thing is we come up with a "suitable" suggestion of what we think paul should set the prize monies at perhaps?

CL winner - 10m
runner-up - 5m
Europa winner - 5m
runner-up - 2.5m
top division winner - 5m
fa cup winner - 2.5m
runner-up - 1m
world cup winner - 10m
runner-up - 5m
taking part - 2m

and yes will, my chile side also got 5m for merely competing in the group phase of the world cup, which is the same as colin got for winning the CL! just doesnt figure! maybe that amount should be reduced to say 2m. i was surprised to get 5m myself to be honest. Paul gives the taking part prize so that he gets International teams filled up I think, but 2m still makes it worthwhile just for being in it i think.

any other suggestions? i think those amounts are quite fair myself.
Back to top Go down

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 18:08

Prize Money for the 2009/2010 Premier League Season.

1. Chelsea - £16,000,000
  2. Manchester United - £15,200,000
  3. Arsenal - £14,400,000
  4. Totenham Hotspur - £13,600,000
  5. Manchester City - £12,800,000
  6. Aston Villa - £12,000,000
  7. Liverpool - £11,200,000
  8. Everton - £10,400,000
  9. Birmingham - £9,600,000
  10. Blackburn - £8,800,000
  11. Stoke - £8,000,000
  12. Fulham - £7,200,000

This is what the top 12 got in real life and seeing as we want the game more real life then i think this is how the premiership should be didvided up
Back to top Go down

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 18:21

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 21:04

Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
Prize Money for the 2009/2010 Premier League Season.

1. Chelsea - £16,000,000
  2. Manchester United - £15,200,000
  3. Arsenal - £14,400,000
  4. Totenham Hotspur - £13,600,000
  5. Manchester City - £12,800,000
  6. Aston Villa - £12,000,000
  7. Liverpool - £11,200,000
  8. Everton - £10,400,000
  9. Birmingham - £9,600,000
  10. Blackburn - £8,800,000
  11. Stoke - £8,000,000
  12. Fulham - £7,200,000

This is what the top 12 got in real life and seeing as we want the game more real life then i think this is how the premiership should be didvided up
but...we do get 25 million each season for tv/advertising rights so i think those amounts are by the by. there's plenty of way's to make money, you just have to make use of it i.e building profitable buildings. playing ten friendlies will give you a million in a turn aswell. i think i'll go along with dan that money is already worthless in the game so to pump more into it and make it more worthless is a bit pointless. whats needed really is for the prize monies to be more sensibly distributed. 10m for the CL is fine i think, as is 5m for the europa league. you'd have to ask dan i spose what the league winner gets but i doubt its the amounts you've quoted their gaz. plus, players wages in the game are still much less than real life and contracts are much more freely negotiatable. so guess that almost balances the revenues out.
Back to top Go down

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 21:21

like your suggestion stu,

i sat down at work today and drew up a list of prize monies and how it could be diveed up and it pretty much looked what uve posted.

Agree with both yourself and Dan that while maybe a better spread of money would give us a more realistic and sensible aproach, the idea of 'injecting more cash into the game wouldnt work,

maybe worth pointing that out to paul that we dont want more cash just divide what there is a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul - 10:51

the world cup winner actually only got 10m so...i think...

prize / round reached

10m - CL winner / World Cup winner
5m - World Cup runner-up / CL runner-up / Europa Winner
3m - World Cup semi-final / CL semi-final / Europa runner-up
2m - World Cup group stage / CL quarter-final / Europa semi-final
1m - CL group stage / Europa quarter-final
500k - Europa group stage

league prizes (top division, based on position)

5m - winner
4.5m - 2nd place
4.25m - 3rd place
4m - 4th place
3.75m - 5th place
3.5m - 6th place
3.25m - 7th place
3m - 8th place
2.75m - 9th place
2.5m - 10th place
2.25m - 11th place
2m - 12th place

2nd tier - champion gets 2m, promoted sides 1.5m, others 1m
3rd tier - promoted sides get 1m, others 500k
4th tier - promoted sides get 500k, others 250k
Back to top Go down

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 14:24

does anyone actually know what i would currently get for managing to stay in the premier league? appreciate any help
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 14:25

about 3m.
Back to top Go down

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 14:29

is that standard then as will mentioned he got 3m for getting promotion from league 1?? is it 3m for everyone in england? Prize Money Icon_question
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 14:37

its based on position in the top flight i believe. i got 3m for finish 10th, its 1m for every position or something like that i think the league winner gets 15m, 2nd place 11m and it goes down by 1m for each position from there. i *think* thats how it goes anyway (in the top flight)

1st - 15m
2nd - 11m
3rd - 10m
4th - 9m
5th - 8m
6th - 7m
7th - 6m
8th - 5m
9th - 4m
10th - 3m
11th - 2m
12th - 1m
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 14:39

I got £4million prize money for Watford last season and I finished 9th in the championship!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 14:41

championship and top flight must be the same then. weird. though england might actually get more prize money than italy since that and the spanish league are ranked as being the most lucrative in world football. i know rob only got something like 3 or 4m for winning Serie B when he was in it so i'm not expecting much.
Back to top Go down

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 14:43

can any premier managers help?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 14:48

best person for you to ask is probably mark since he had a mid-low league position in the premier league last year
Back to top Go down

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 17:13

I got £10M for winning WC and £1M for winning my domestic cup, I also expect to finish 3rd in the Eircom so woll get a bit of prize money for that. I also expect to get about about £2.5M TV rights money (not the £25M that Serie A & Premiership teams get).

If you enter the Champions league you get a guaranteed £500k per game for the group stage which last season equated to £3M just for taking part, even if your team was torn apart 8-0 in each game. Yet the prize that Rob got for winning the Europa League was only £1M. Hmmm

I disagree with with Dan and feel that there should in fact be more prize money on offer and not less. Anyone that feels money is now redundant is the game should get out of your comfort zone and take on a smaller club from scratch, then you would see how bloody redundant that money is.

No offence Dan but if you feel that you have a load of money that nobody wants as you stated in another post, I can let you have a couple of totally crap English eligible players at a few million each.
Back to top Go down

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 17:22

right, kinda think everyones in agreement when we say money doesnt matter in the game, so on that basis, who cares what the prizemoney is!!! just a thought
Back to top Go down

Prize Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money   Prize Money Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 18:54

Absolutely right Martin. Money still very relevant to me. Yet irrelevant to managers that I try to sign players from.

The 25m tv money in the premiership compared to 3m outside if daft.

Should be

20m, 14m, 8m, 4m respectivley
Back to top Go down

Prize Money
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next