7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 19:16

you've got too much time on your hands richie boy! like it tho Razz preferred the other new one you had the other day Smile

ahh fuck it i'll give you some rep for the effort rendeer
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 19:18

Lee@Juve wrote:
ive reviewed hamsik (again) this turn, got 2 pages on him, saying he's one of the best midfielders in italy, surely better than the 9592 he currently is!!!!

nahh you wont get hamsik re-rated like rob couldnt get any argie players reviewed while diego maradonna was in charge. until he's in a sky blue shirt you're stuffed cos he plays for......slovakia silent that's not me thinking slovakia are turd either....its paul's rating system clown
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 19:25

so you dont want Ibrahimovic in a Roma shirt then Stu? lol

My Mrs is a photoshop wizz.... all Avatars, can now be ordered from me, at a cost of £2 per time. payable through...god knows.

Requests taken, paypal scheme to be set up. She's now working on Stephen Pienaar in Fulham white, and we're just about to see Mr G.Bale of the Valleys in Brummie blue, whenever Rich opens his email! lol

the little pleasures life brings.. lol
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 19:30

as a side note...i think ratings should switch from being xenophobically rated to simply being about how good the player is at real world level - club football. the champions league is a bigger stage than international football these days so i think thats how players should be judged. it shouldnt matter that gareth bale plays for wales and that his nationality means he wont get rated...what matters is he's playing at the top of his game on the biggest stage of all. all i'm saying is its unfair that players like hamsik or bale are held back by a stupid system based on international caps and whether they play in a light blue shirt. if a player isnt playing in the champions league then he aint top top class....which should just about see every city player down to a 9797 atleast by my reckoning. still its not about that, when CF first started it made sense to judge players on their nation, but since then the CL has gone massive, there's 23 more european countries and nobody cares about how many caps you have, david, hence you wont get an apology from capello ever. we shouldnt ever have to discuss player ratings on a system like this since you'd have one system for all and not this out dated one of "oh he only plays for a C grade country so hamsik must be a load of shite" think you catch my drift.

Last edited by Stuart@Roma on Tue 9 Nov - 19:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 19:33

Could you expand on that Stu?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 19:34

nope im not an expansive person, i just say whats on my mind at that time and that was it, with one edit Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 19:36

Rich@Leicester wrote:
so you dont want Ibrahimovic in a Roma shirt then Stu? lol

My Mrs is a photoshop wizz.... all Avatars, can now be ordered from me, at a cost of £2 per time. payable through...god knows.

Requests taken, paypal scheme to be set up. She's now working on Stephen Pienaar in Fulham white, and we're just about to see Mr G.Bale of the Valleys in Brummie blue, whenever Rich opens his email! lol

the little pleasures life brings.. lol

lol really? nah i dont actually like ibra that much tbh, he looks lazy. he just seemed like a good idea at the time, i'll flog him on for 15m soon.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 19:40

ok, i'll try and expand...maybe you could base a player on his competition level over a 3 year period or so? players who are appearing in CL semi-finals and their clubs being in the top 2 of their league should have the most 9999s. it shouldnt be man city should it? there's got to be another way than the one we have, it just requires more thought than i'm willing to dwell on tbh, i'm boring myself now. im sure lee is just as bored of hamsik being a 9592 and reminding us all about it as we all are about discussing under rated and over rated players. atleast he can see why he is only a 9592 i guess, from a game point of view that is.
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 19:45

I'm afraid in going to need greater detail before I can take you seriously
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 19:53

thats the sort of response it would get from paul aswell hence its not worth discussing or mentioning. anyway, back to the topic. europe games this week, dundee shouldnt pose any threats this week other than that of sheer luck and misfortune. hopefully i'll have some for a change Smile
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 19:55

Hahahahha sorry Stu, I couldnt resist.

I'll read your first post now, as you've put so much effort in
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 20:21

love the avatar richie.

big well done Tara.

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 20:23

can u ask her to do me one with Tiago in it too.

.....infact a team photo would be even better Wink
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 20:27

Stuart@Roma wrote:
as a side note...i think ratings should switch from being xenophobically rated to simply being about how good the player is at real world level - club football. the champions league is a bigger stage than international football these days so i think thats how players should be judged. it shouldnt matter that gareth bale plays for wales and that his nationality means he wont get rated...what matters is he's playing at the top of his game on the biggest stage of all. all i'm saying is its unfair that players like hamsik or bale are held back by a stupid system based on international caps and whether they play in a light blue shirt. if a player isnt playing in the champions league then he aint top top class....which should just about see every city player down to a 9797 atleast by my reckoning. still its not about that, when CF first started it made sense to judge players on their nation, but since then the CL has gone massive, there's 23 more european countries and nobody cares about how many caps you have, david, hence you wont get an apology from capello ever. we shouldnt ever have to discuss player ratings on a system like this since you'd have one system for all and not this out dated one of "oh he only plays for a C grade country so hamsik must be a load of shite" think you catch my drift.

agree completely stu,

might be worth suggesting to the boss, maybe without the city bit lol!

id be in favour of that, seems a much more realistic suggestion
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 20:45

gotta have di maria in a cremonese shirt aint i????
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov - 1:07

he's wasted in grey and red stripes. Wink

btw gaz, you can get a cremonese shirt for a tenner. a real one, not one of yours! Smile
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov - 9:10

hmm, not sure the nationality should matter too much, because im sure if you find alex hleb in the game, not sure whos got him, but i think he managed to get to 9797 (rightlly so) playing for belarus, and when did they become a massive nation??? although he has played for arsenal and barcelona, but now he plays for birmingham city, when did they become a bigger club than napoli??? its just frustrating how ive got a potentially world class player and cant play him in my 1st team because he's not being allowed to be rated at what he should be!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov - 11:25

I agree with Lee on this.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov - 11:33

I agree nationality should have no baring on individual rating though only that there will be more quality players from some nations than others - There are not many quality Quatarian players compared to Brazilians.

Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov - 11:42

Although the nationality thing does seem a little misrepresented.

From what I can gather, players are still getting reviewed a lot for which country they are from, like has been pointed out, but the 'Hemsoft world rankings' don't seem to match current Fifa world rankings.

For example, Brazilian and Argentinian players are still getting rated higher, which is fair enough as they have a lot of decent competition. However countries like France still have a heavy influence in this game, although others like Holland don't.

I know the World rankings can be a little biased toward teams who play more competitive games, but France are nowhere near the level they were 10 years ago. Whereas the dutch and spanish have massively improved.

I don't agree with the fact that players should be judged on where they were born anyway, but appreciate it must be hard to appraise each player individually.

So in summary, I don't know what my point is.

French players are overrated.

Going back to the root of this issue, I think Bale will get 9999 eventually, maybe not yet, as being from Wales didn't stop Ryan Giggs.

Although I do think that Benitez did Bale a massive favour by not bothering to mark him at all and giving him far too much space to run into.

Coyle and Bruce havn't made the same mistake since...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov - 12:01

Tom - great point. Inter don't look the same team this season as they did last and a lot of that has to do with the difference in tactical ability between Rafa and Mourinho.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov - 18:21

I have noticed that. Which does surprise me a lot, as if there was one thing Rafa tended to get right at Liverpool it was the tactical side. His man management rivaled that of David Brent though....

Not sure if he is struggling with the Italian game as a whole, or just his players, which by the way, is a crime if thats the case.

Has a lot to live up to, not sure if he will see the season out by the rumours already going around!!
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov - 18:43

Tom@Charlton-Bayern wrote:
Although the nationality thing does seem a little misrepresented.

From what I can gather, players are still getting reviewed a lot for which country they are from, like has been pointed out, but the 'Hemsoft world rankings' don't seem to match current Fifa world rankings.

For example, Brazilian and Argentinian players are still getting rated higher, which is fair enough as they have a lot of decent competition. However countries like France still have a heavy influence in this game, although others like Holland don't.

I know the World rankings can be a little biased toward teams who play more competitive games, but France are nowhere near the level they were 10 years ago. Whereas the dutch and spanish have massively improved.

I don't agree with the fact that players should be judged on where they were born anyway, but appreciate it must be hard to appraise each player individually.

So in summary, I don't know what my point is.

French players are overrated.

Going back to the root of this issue, I think Bale will get 9999 eventually, maybe not yet, as being from Wales didn't stop Ryan Giggs.

Although I do think that Benitez did Bale a massive favour by not bothering to mark him at all and giving him far too much space to run into.

Coyle and Bruce havn't made the same mistake since...

agree completely
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov - 9:32

Holy crap ! Turn arrived here !
It is Thursday isnt it?
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov - 9:55

Same here! Bloody hell what is going on!
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov - 10:13

can we have a few forum results please Matt?
Back to top Go down

Week 4
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next