+3
Ben@Plymouth
Tom
Rob@Barcelona
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:13 am

can we have a few forum results please Matt?
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:16 am

I'll pm yours Rich, anyone else,pm me if they want there result from England
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:47 am

Do we think this open letter to Paul worked then?. Turns on a thursday??, I dont think I've ever had my turn on a thursday. Still waiting for the chuffing postman to arrive!. Come onnnnnnnnnnn Postie!.

Need to read about a certain hat-trick from Englands real number 9...(Super Kev for those who were wondering)

Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:54 am

well something has happened, not sure what. but i managed to get a nice 7-1 thrashing of boro with Tevez out injured and played Ramsey at TM.

so im very pleased!
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Anyone know the Italian results yet?
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:18 pm

You drew 1-1 Jonny
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:08 pm

Cheers I've also got my turn now. Happy with a 2-1 win in Europe with a weakened side.
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Wow - a historic week, well for me at least!

Gave FLY a try this week against an admittedly weaker team (Spurs only have 1 point this season and were without one of their star players) and was pretty happy with the 3-0 win and performance. However I got two players sent off in near identical circumstances - Both Anelka and Rooney went down clutching their head after clashing with Gomes (GK) and both got sent off! Seems a bit weird, shame you can't appeal but it is great to see more red cards in the game. Would like to see more injuries too. Gives a bit more variety to the game and requires more squad strength. Two players off in one game might be a first for me too!

So with my first choice TM and CF out I'll have to test my squad strength this week - I've no idea currently who I'll play in both positions! So no Anelka against his former club this week but Essien, Cech, A. Cole and Robben (and possibly more) play against their real life or former real life club. Expect some fireworks!

Elano continues to be a thorn in my side - I was Elano'd this week again in Europe. Benfica beat me at home after I had 12 chances (all on target) to their 4 (only 3 on target). I lost 2-1 to two Elano goals. Gutted.

Also swapped Reina for Petr Cech. Good deal or bad deal? Would love to hear your view. I think Cech is the slightly better GK, especially this season, but he did look dodgy at times last season.

And finally on my historic list, the pack arriving on a Thursday - can't remember that ever happening!
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:07 pm

I looked at that deal Dan, and gut reaction was dodgy decision. I prefer Reina to be honest, but it's gotta be a close call.

Agree with Dan on the injuries and sendings off...

I've got a problem now with Pavlyuchenko, Di Santo, Andrews (I hate calling him a key player but he plays so well I cant drop him), all knackered. Managing this sort of thing is what RL managers do all the time.

Thank god I picked up Davies when I did.

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Thanks Rich. Both same age but Cech playing for better club. And has been consistently higher in the IFFHS rankings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFFHS_World%27s_Best_Goalkeeper

But am still keen to seek other's opinions.

Good luck with sorting your "knackered" team out - love the slang (see urban dictionary) definition of that word!
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:39 pm

hey, if you feel the need to defend your clanger Dan...you go right ahead! lol (kidding mate, kidding)

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Quite happy with 2-2 away at United especially with Chicharito scoring a last minute equaliser! Just the small matter of City up next!

Happy with getting Paddy McNair, Devante Cole and Mike Weir in to strengthen my schoolboy academy too.

Gremio pick up 1st points of the season with a 2-0 win away at Goias so hopefully things picking up there!
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:05 pm

Got my turn and not happy,what the fuck is going on with my Chelsea side i dont know cant win for shit and only plymouth at home next....oh fucking joy not to mention petr cechs gone there aswell which is annoying cos i wanted him, Cremonese draw 1-1 with genoa scoring a last minute goals out of there 3 attempts to my 14, to say im dissalusioned with the game at the mo is understatement
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:02 pm

2-1 away defeat, talk about after the lord mayors show!!!

disapointed but not the end of the world.

Not being able to defend a one goal advantage in the second half is the disapointing aspect of the result, but with first choice centre halfs out then maybe was going to be a tall order and i should have considered protecting it a little better.

On the plus side my flakeyness away from home has been addressed by bringing in some much needed steel in the shape of Wilson Palacios, so fingers crossed with time things might tighten up a little.

The fixture list hasnt been kind nexts weeks home encounter against Phils rampant Arsenal completes a triple billing of home games against the top 3.

I genuinely fear for the Arsenal clash as the squad is being stretched to breaking point as some players are really feeling the effect of no pre-season break, or maybe just the red button effect for beating City last week. Smile

Got average but fair reviews for players i asked and sent very detailed material for to be done,
just wish there was a greater deal of consistency in that respect, some outcomes seem to vary from the rediculous to the truly absurd.

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:33 pm

hamsik got reviewed!!!!!!! he's now....9594 WOW, as for my turn, scored 6 conceded none, spose i int got owt 2 whine about, dam it, im gonna have 2 whine about the fact i got nothin 2 whine about now!!!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:38 pm

admit it lee, you've start serenading paul with biscuits and beer tokens Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Dan@Plymouth wrote:
Thanks Rich. Both same age but Cech playing for better club. And has been consistently higher in the IFFHS rankings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFFHS_World%27s_Best_Goalkeeper

But am still keen to seek other's opinions.

Good luck with sorting your "knackered" team out - love the slang (see urban dictionary) definition of that word!

Got to be honest Dan, I am in agreement with Rich.

Was a little surprised at the deal, but then I suppose I am biased!!

Honestly, can't see a better keeper in the World at the minute than Reina.

Don't get me wrong, I think Cech was the best keeper in the world at one point but honestly think he hasn't been the same since that day in Reading.

Reina has had a lot more action this year though....

Let me take my red tinted glasses off, then I'll have another look! Cool
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:44 pm

cech has got 9 clean sheets in a row at the bridge atm, so his current form cant be questioned, i agree he hasnt been the same since that reading game, but for me he is better than reina and easily in the top 3 in the world...
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:47 pm

for me its Reina by a nats whisker.

Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:47 pm

Would fancy my chances of keeping the odd clean sheet myself behind Chelsea's defence this season though......How much has he had to do?

You can't say that about Liverpools defence unfortunately....... Sad
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:05 pm

Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
Got my turn and not happy,what the fuck is going on with my Chelsea side i dont know cant win for shit and only plymouth at home next....oh fucking joy not to mention petr cechs gone there aswell which is annoying cos i wanted him, Cremonese draw 1-1 with genoa scoring a last minute goals out of there 3 attempts to my 14, to say im dissalusioned with the game at the mo is understatement

maybe Dan will swap Cech for Cudicini if you ask him nicely, he's only worth 8m after all Wink you must be gutted mate, shouldve asked - id have been prepared to swap cech for buffon if it meant you gave me 50m cherry
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 8:32 am

Tbh quite happy with 2-2 though conceding in the 90th minute did suck a bit- oh well Spurs next week so hopefully can get 3 points there. Signed 1 unknown Israeli guy who is currently at Liverpool partfrom that not much else. Paul didn't send through the feeder team so a bit annoyed there - hoping if ask nicely he may email me the turn so I an get on with managing Lyon- anyone ever had him email through a turn?
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 9:41 am

never Ben. Dont even ask...
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 9:45 am

lol how would you best advise me to get a copy of the Lyon turn before the deadline?
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:18 am

ive had an emailed turn once.

if u ask very nicely just for the skills sheet and the ptcr page then he might send it u.

only got those two pages but it was all that was needed.
Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4   Week 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:48 am

just ring him up and ask him to send it out postal?. there's plenty of time..

Paul is confused by email...
Back to top Go down

Week 4
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next