Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Unmanaged/Personality clubs aren't given additional bonuses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Unmanaged/Personality clubs aren't given additional bonuses Empty
PostSubject: Unmanaged/Personality clubs aren't given additional bonuses   Unmanaged/Personality clubs aren't given additional bonuses Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 21:41

I spoke to Paul earlier today and he gave me quite a few updates. He assures me that he's made no changes to GKs recently and personality managers and unmanaged clubs' GKs get no advantage compared to the GKs of managed clubs. Good to hear cos I would be very upset if this was the case. The only big change he's made recently is to make fullbacks more effective. Personality/unmanaged clubs receive no advantages over managed clubs. Paul suggested that recently they've done well because they've had more settled squads than managed clubs.

I enquired about a transfer that was done between two personality managed clubs. It would seem that Paul has introduced a new system a couple of weeks ago where personality managed clubs will seek to try and sign their real life players. There's a ranking system which determines possible transfers. I understood that clubs are ranked on which division they play in and how much cash they have (I may have got this wrong though). Sadly for me, Man City are currently top of the rankings. Players are also ranked (largely on their ratings) to ensure that similar players are swapped (however I believe they ultimately the higher ranked club would benefit more from the transfer, especially if the two clubs play in two different divisions). This is done to attract new managers to the game (new managers may like to see real life players at their new club). Expect to see some more of this type of transfer in the future.

Lastly I asked about how to present possible changes to the game. He suggested that if there was a change you'd like to see take place then to run a poll here on the forum to get a consensus view and then forward the result to Paul. This was done for personality managers for example. Paul wouldn't necessarily implement the change - ultimately any changes would be his. But it's good to know that he's continually looking to improve the game and listen to our opinions.

Overall Paul left me feeling much more comfortable that game is being run well.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Unmanaged/Personality clubs aren't given additional bonuses   Unmanaged/Personality clubs aren't given additional bonuses Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 21:53

Makes perfect sense to be honest. No reason why they should have an advantage.

Very interesting about the deals going through between the reality clubs. Great to see, and very clever introduction from Paul. Ranking system is interesting, not everyone will agree with that but thats the way it works in real life, it isn't very often the smnaler team comes out better in any deal.

The one thing I think we want to see is the reality teams being more active in the transfer market and this is a step in the right direction for me.

Will be interesting to see if managers make offers for players at our clubs to try and entice them to their real life clubs? Would love to see a big offer from Spurs for Tom Huddlestone for example.

Not so sure the 'unmanaged' teams are that important anymore, as there seem to be less and less the higher up the leagues you go. There aren't many top clubs anymore that remain unmanaged, which is great imo.
Constantly losing track of all the reality manmagers being introduced into the game. Even Red Star have one, a guy I 've never heard of!! lol

Think the reality manager thing has really brought the game on, and well done to Paul for introducing it.

Just to get them more and more active transfer wise, would be great.

Overall, I think Paul seems to be putting a lot of work into improving the game at the minute, successfully imo. Added to the fact that the turns are coming back very quickly, the game is so much more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Unmanaged/Personality clubs aren't given additional bonuses   Unmanaged/Personality clubs aren't given additional bonuses Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar - 20:26

i mentioed to paul a little while back that the game would be more realistic and attractive to new players if first and foremost they had a squad that reflected their real life ones and that it'd be good if reality clubs went after their real life players even at managed clubs so its good to see this is being implelented. they defibitely need to be more active in the transfer market.

strange that paul tells somebody else that he's tweaked GKs and then dan speaks to him and it seems otherwise, can't get my head around that but not to worry, i guess if i don't concede 5 goals this week then i'll sleep easier and know things are back to normal Smile

Back to top Go down

Unmanaged/Personality clubs aren't given additional bonuses
Page 1 of 1