Go down 
+2
Tom@Charlton
Tom
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug - 23:41

That was a joke u plonker, re u and rich

Coarse all feeder clubs should get the same, maybe marginal extras for a bit of European success, its parent and feeder that I don't think should be the same

What a wally
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug - 23:44

Where have you pulled parent clubs from?

No-one was talking about them, not even Paul. Unless there is more to the statement he sent you, he doesn't say the income will be the same.

'depending on who they are' worries me though for feeder clubs.

Athletico would have got more than Betis though.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug - 23:55

Because if feeder clubs could potentially receive 20 odd million

And it's speculation but if they do then then theres going to be a lot of managers who will be recoeving more money at their feeder clubs than they will for their main club just because foreign country's have only one top flight league not cos they've achieved anything -which imo would be a little daft

We don't know the figure so it's merely speculation

As I said first time the statement u quote is the one that worries me as well and the one I would like clarifying.

My first comment re u and rich was a joke at u being pauls red button target currently and rich being golden bollocks not for his management skills but knowledge of ink cartridges and service to Paul which could explain a discrepancy in end of season revenues between the two of u - but I think the moment has passed

Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 0:23

I know it was a joke, I wasn't quoting you because of that, it was to remind you we were all talking about feeder clubs and not parent clubs. Never mind.

The title of the thread - feeder club feedback.

Also I think that is paul's point. Feeder clubs won't get more than parents, as the amount they receive depends on who they are. ie small parent, small reward for feeder and vice versa.

What we are talking about is whether all feeder should get the same amount regardless of who the parent is, that shouldn't matter.

I feel we should all get the same and it should be set at a level where we don't get the situation where it is higher than anyones parent.

ie stadium sponsor 5m, think that is the lowest available?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 0:24

I think I have lost the will to live. pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 2:37

I would like to know if this is being implemented to just feeders or to all clubs? The statement Paul made is not clear?! As it is getting tv money weekly is the furthest you can get from what happens irl. Every football club we know and love gets a chunk of tv revenue at both the start and depending on finishing position, the end of season in prize money.

If its good enough for Man Utd, Chelsea, Derby, Notts Forest et al then why not us? It's hard enough to run a feeder without the goalposts being moved. If this is the way things are going then I'll just fuck Gremio off.

Pointless spending real cash on something I'll get zero enjoyment from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 9:50

Just for reference...Paul has never bought a single cartridge from me nor box of paper. Not once. Nor have I sent him any freebies.

Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 16:55

I started Lille with 1million and thats my lot. No take overs allowed or sponsors. I don't see how that's fair compared to everyone else but I've got on with it and tbh. I want my Money at the start of the season otherwise its gonna take me another bloody year to build lille up. Which puts me at a huge disadvantage. But paying the same money.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 20:13

phil....just get basic turns for a year?

but you're right in a way, it puts you at a disadvantage, though if you look at it the other way you'll be able to plan your spending better. i dont know if france get 25m tv money but i would expect so, in which case i'm sure 1m a week would cover most of your outgoings? the best thing i can suggest phil is that you sell your entire ground for season ticket sales in the first season? atleast with the 1m a week tv money that would probably be the equivalent (or maybe more) than the money you would otherwise generate from ticket sales? always remember to charge your season ticket holders more than just the equivalent of 11 home games - cos they get into european and league cup games for free aswell. i used to charge 15 x normal seat cost which would mean they pay for the 11 home league games, 3 home europe games and 1 domestic cup game. and if you get beyond that in the cups then i guess its a brucey bonus for your season ticket holders for being loyal. thats how i worked it out anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 21:23

Have to say I agree with Phil
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 21:36

it would be better if there was an option imo for us to choose from - either 25m in one go or 1m a week for each week of the season. well....1,050,000 a week for the pedants. atleast that way everybody can plan their spending for whats best for them.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 21:53

Phil@Arsenal wrote:
I started Lille with 1million and thats my lot. No take overs allowed or sponsors. I don't see how that's fair compared to everyone else but I've got on with it and tbh. I want my Money at the start of the season otherwise its gonna take me another bloody year to build lille up. Which puts me at a huge disadvantage. But paying the same money.

Completely understand where you're coming from Phil, but didn't you change feeders a couple of times? Is that why Will called you Ron Atkinson?

If you had a takeover and sponsor money at each, that isn't really fair on the other managers either?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 21:58

That's also true Tom!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 22:11

ever the beady eye tom....like it Idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 22:32

He's only changed feeder once, from cruzeiro to lille.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 22:37

I don't want to sound like the feeder club police but didn't Phil have an Italian club?

I might be wrong?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 22:40

lecce i think
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 22:47

We're getting away from the topic here, partly my fault I know.

But to be fair to Phil and anyone else, he is right in that he is paying hard earned money to play the game as Lille, and if we restrict the enjoyment of feeder clubs so much then they will not be worth paying for.

Difficult situation, as I want to be able to be competitive with my feeder and enjoy buying and selling players but I don't want to to have my hands tied doing it.

However I don't want to have a situation where Santos get 20m and Charlton get 5m. Which is likely to happen at the minute.

Suppose we just need clarification from Paul exactly what he means when he says 'depends on who they are'.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 22:56

Yeah I swapped. But I've never really spent the money at any feeder club....

I just never really used my feeder hence why I always dropped them. I think my whole signings where like..... boaz myhill, abou diaby, and amr zaki. All probs worth 15mil max. And I brought most them to arsenal or sold on so I virtually spent nothing. I'm sure stu or tom will know who else I signed Wink

But if there's a option, one lump sum any time of the year.

If ur a championship team ul get like 300,000 a week over the year. Come on rather do 3 friendlies.

That wudnt really affect people, ud spend that on a signon fee. Is rather have 30mil in the bank n then spend when I see fit.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug - 23:16

Regarding the now or every week tv rights money issue - I'm with Phil. For the amount of money I'll get every week in League 1 averaged out over the season, I'd be just as well playing a couple of friendlies extra.

I'd rather have the £5m upfront to spend on another average, old overrated player Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug - 7:32

I thought Phil had Lecce at some point. And Tom, when I appointed you 'Head of Ethics' it was firmly with my tongue bulging out the other side of my cheek!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug - 11:53

i say let everybody decide what they want. weekly or yearly tv payments. i think the split will be 50/50 for either method.

Tom@Charlton wrote:

However I don't want to have a situation where Santos get 20m and Charlton get 5m. Which is likely to happen at the minute.

there's a way round that tom, if Santos are your feeder that is? can't remember which way round you have it now!

example:

sign the player(s) at club B and then sell them to club A for resell. i.e....lets say ashley young is transfer listed for 22m and has a resell of 8m. you buy him at club B for 22m and sell him to club A 7 weeks later for 8m. hey presto, the extra money club B had just bought club A a player. not that i agree with this method and i don't think others would either but there's a lot of things i expect we all disagree with. I guess one way to stop this at paul's end was if players sold to the parent club from the feeder club cannot be sold for less than he was bought for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug - 12:11

phil im not looking to start a fallout here, u knowyour my favourite Embarassed

just questions that ran through my head when i read your post.

Phil@Arsenal wrote:

I think my whole signings where like..... boaz myhill, abou diaby, and amr zaki. All probs worth 15mil max.

15m is quite a lot of money imo.

did u have a takeover at lecce?

did u have a takover at that brazilian club?

if the answer to those two questions is yes then i believe uv not been set at a disadvantage and if anything uv were given something of an advantage compared to say someone like myself whos stayed with the same club during the same period and only had one takeover.

if not then fair enough, but uv only then had the same as everybody else
i think this time round we were all given the opportunity to take our personelle with us and so any building and deveolping of our feeder club could be continued, just under a different name and in a different nation.

i really believe that any monies that feeer clubs recieve should be prize money determind on final league position or measured by some form of success and not just a lump handout based on nothing.

Those who make a point of not just running a feeder club to benefit their parent but also manage make them successful to boot should be rewarded greater than those that havent.

surely that sounds realistic and fair?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug - 12:20

Will@Fulham wrote:

Those who make a point of not just running a feeder club to benefit their parent but also manage make them successful to boot should be rewarded greater than those that havent.

The most sensible thing you've ever said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug - 12:21

Also, quite agree...dont see how Phil can possibly be disadvantaged by having three feeder clubs.

I thought changing feeder clubs wasnt allowed anyway. Then Paul offered those in Italy a move away...which I took.

How come Phil, Stu etc have been allowed to switch feeders?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.   FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug - 12:29

I actually agree with Will. tbh portsmouth turned out pretty shit for me since paul changed the rules a week after i took them. I was going to use them simply as a place where i could sign players at Roma who have played in england (or seriously look like they might be moving to england) to then sell to portsmouth to play in the team and build them up. of course, the landscape changed and you couldnt sell players to feeder clubs anymore so its been a bit of a waste but i've carried on anyway and just spent the season building the club from the ground up (which has meant minimal spending on players).

I will be changing my feeder club between seasons in a couple of weeks simply cos there's no benefit in me having them really time but i don't expect to start with anything more than what portsmouth have (which is actually nothing money wise since i've invested all the money they brought in on buildings). the only thing i'm going to ask paul to do is that the building work i've done all season is transferred to my new club, which i think is fair since its taken me 16 turns worth of dealings to do in the most part. i'm not expecting to start with anything more than 2 million in my bank balance. the squad i'll have at my new club will be far worse than portsmouth's so technically i'm doing myself one in the foot a little but it'll atleast mean i can make the most of the benefits of having a feeder club. i really can't do that with portsmouth unless i want British players at Roma, which I don't.

I actually think sometimes maybe it would be better if the income feeder clubs made all went to the parent club. this sounds daunting but the parent club would then be responsible for all the expenses that the feeder club generated from wages to player purchases. and then when it comes to selling from feeder to parent the cost would be zero because the parent club would essentially already have paid for the player, only that he was registered to play for the feeder club firstly instead. this would be quite good then because if somebody signed a player for 20m at their feeder club then they wouldnt then be able to sell them to the parent for resell. it would basically just stop people potentially stitching their feeder clubs up.
Back to top Go down

FEEDER CLUB FEEDBACK thought id share.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next