Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

the summer transfer window 2011

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

the summer transfer window 2011 Empty
PostSubject: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug - 23:24

so everton are fucked then arnt they!!!

sold 2 of their 4 forwards.

and their one real creative force, arteta

just got 15/1 on them to go down so put my £16.23 winnings from the weekend on them to go down.

sorry ross but i think theyre screwed, when the likes of stoke and QPR are flashing millions around i cant see even the magician that is david moyes pulling them out of it.

kenwright seems to have a lot to answer for.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug - 23:40

Bit boring really though to be honest, thank god for Jim White! Meireles a cracking bit is business for Chelsea especially at just £10 million.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep - 0:06

We'll see.....

Drifts in and out of games, jumps away from tackles and doesn't head the ball.

Delighted to get 10-12m for him and get him off the wage bill. (75k)

Everton do look screwed though, not sure what Moyes and the fans must be thinking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep - 7:35

So, how stupid am I to post my turn on a Wednesday lunch time...in fucking transfer deadline day?

Mind you, my dealings were full up anyway!

So...now we've digested, what do we think is the best piece of business done yesterday?

Personally I think Crouch will make a massive difference to Stoke.

But it terms of value for money, it's between SWP for £2.5m...and Bellamy for zip.

I vote Bellamy!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep - 8:38

Arteta to Arsenal looks good. Stoke's overall business was impressive. Everton ... troubled. Liverpool did well and letting Meireles go was clever to keep squad harmony.

Interesting day all round.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep - 22:53

Will,

Unfortunatley part of being a toffee, we have loads of downs but somehow moyes seem to get the lads together and get us going.

I for one am pissed off with transfer deadline day but only because Arteta decided he wanted to leave with an hour to go, have to admit though, who would blame him.

We are lacking major investment, but trust me, this is football now, get used to it. Liverpool were looking in the shit a year ago, now look at them.

We will not go down, mark my words, i would have given you way better odd than that Will.

We lost Yakubu, hasnt been in the squad all season, played 2 game sin the reserves so not really losing anyone. He has been shit ever since he ruptured his achilles. Fat, lazy and uninterested, he will be the same at Blackburn. his wages were about 50k a week, which is a bonus.

Beckford, very surprised we got rid to be honest, however, i think he was bought with this in the back of people's minds. Pace but wasteful in front of goal, harsh but true. Never even really used enough under moyes which says it all. Bought for nothing and sold for £4m, greta bit of business and another 30k off the wage bill.

Arteta, well fucking class for 3-4 seasons, done his ACL and never been the same. However, no one in our team even near his potential and quality which could leave us short. We have a strong midfield but they are all holding midfielders, not sure Osman is the man to walk in Arteta's footsteps. However, he wanted to leave so let him go. Top earner at the club so £10m and another 60k off the wage bill.

We brought in Drenthe which i for one think is a good deal if we can get him playing. The Argentinian Forward, i ahve no idea who he is!

Saha needs to go, fucking class but playing 1 in 10 is useless to us. Anichebe, no one rates him apart form Moyes. We look very light up front. However, moyes will happily play Cahill up there.

My main concern is signing fellaini, i think the wage bill being slashed will now allow him to get the wages he wants. The guy is 21 and quality and potentially a £20m+ asset. We also need Barkley to fullfill the rooney like potential he has, i have to admit he does look good, but mark my words, he will be on the bench soon cos thats what moyes does to protect them.

Bilyaletdinov is the next one i would get rid off, lazt and shit and also Heitinga, none of them look interested.

Big shake up next year me thinks and i think we may lose Barkley in January if he plays well enough to maybe United or Chelsea. If we do, he has to go for at least £25m then our debt is sorted and we can start looking forwards.

I love being a toffee and wouldnt have it any other way. Mark my words, top half finish will happen this season and i for one will actually be quite happy with that. Man City will dominate soon and Man United currnently look awesome.

People are quick to forget things in Football, we sold Wayne Rooney cos we had to, couldnt turn a £30m deal down, made the club what it is now. We have never had money, Cahill, Jagielka, Arteta, Pienaar, Neville, Howard, Saha all cost under £5m, Rodwell, Barkley, Osman came through the ranks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep - 23:08

dont worry mate, supporting derbys just as shit
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep - 23:27

"may lose Barkley in January if he plays well enough to maybe United or Chelsea. If we do, he has to go for at least £25m then our debt is sorted and we can start looking forwards"

I'll sell Barkley to you Ross............ how much did you say? jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep - 23:53

Ross@Blackpool wrote:
My main concern is signing fellaini, i think the wage bill being slashed will now allow him to get the wages he wants. The guy is 21 and quality and potentially a £20m+ asset.

With things the way they are, do you think he will sign a new contract?
Spoke to a couple of other bluenoses and that is their main worry too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep - 21:17

Tom,

Yes i think he will. The biggest problem is signing of contracts just means clubs can ask for a big fee nowadays.

Mikel Arteta signed a 5 year deal at the end of last year. He also said he loved the club and all that bollocks last weekend. Hmm, now he asks to leave and then in his last interview says the time was right. Thats what pisses fans off.

Its like wearing a t-shirt that says, once a blue always a blue......

Looking forward to seeing Drenthe in action, am a bit of a fan but not seen him play for a couple of seasons. The argentine is either gonna be amazing or absolute shite, lol

Mark, officially jealous of you having Barkley, a lot of people in the football world talking about his ability, i really hope he fullfills it. The next rooney type potential, only time will tell i suppose.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep - 22:12

Ross@Blackpool wrote:
Its like wearing a t-shirt that says, once a blue always a blue.......
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 20:13

Will@Fulham wrote:
so everton are fucked then arnt they!!!

sold 2 of their 4 forwards.

and their one real creative force, arteta

just got 15/1 on them to go down so put my £16.23 winnings from the weekend on them to go down.

sorry ross but i think theyre screwed, when the likes of stoke and QPR are flashing millions around i cant see even the magician that is david moyes pulling them out of it.

kenwright seems to have a lot to answer for.

Hate to say it Will, but i think you have seriously seriously lost your money.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 23:21

will i bet you fifty quid everton stay up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 9:27

I just hope Arteta and Pienaar are happy with there moves. As David Moyes once said, the grass is not always greener.....
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 10:20

I think what he said was, "f*** off you money grabbing b*******. Steven enjoy some quality bench time and Arteta you'll be awesome until Christmas and then I hear the treatment room at Arsenal is really comfortable. Now I have a few more 15 year old superstars round here somewhere."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 11:47

looking that way lol

just another example of how good moyes really is, keeps producing the goods with what must be the most conservative budget in the premiership.

interestingly i had a lengthly conversation with an evertonian last night who seemed to think they needed a change of manager to freshen things up and give the club a fresh impetus.

my answer to that was that they would be relegated by xmas if that was to happen,

rediculous idea.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: the summer transfer window 2011   the summer transfer window 2011 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 12:00

everton should do fine, they still might need a forward in january, but i cant see them having less than 20 points at christmas so as long as they keep going and bring a fresh face in in january then they should atleast be mid-table, i think they can aim for one of the europe places but its up to moyes if he really wants to travel to helsinki on a thursday night. most teams are treating the EL like the worthington cup these days.

to be fair, i think derby are the only team in the premiership that have ever been "relegated by christmas". teams in the bottom six traditionally seem to pick up points in the second half of the season here in england. the bottom teams usually always have only about 15-18 points at christmas, yet 40 points is usually just about safe. you dont get that in foregin leagues, the teams that are down they usually stay down their.

Back to top Go down

the summer transfer window 2011
Page 1 of 1