9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 8:02

Good Morning everyone...hope you are all well.

I've just pressed the reset button to start week 8 .
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 8:09

The first turn to be opened this morning is Iain's.

Nineteen team changes and a holiday for the players and a problem.

Iain, your envelope was damaged and you have filled in the money enclosed section with £20 but no cheque is in the envelope, did you send a cheque or did you forget to put one in again ? and also part of the page is missing, the part missing covers the last 4 places in your schoolboy team, so if you have changed any of those you need to let me know here. thanks.

Cup orders and only 18 team changes this time, seems I will be spending quite awhile on Iain'a team this week.
Back to top Go down

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 8:10

Morning Paul,

Im tuned in all ready! lol
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 8:16

Next up is Ross.

Attempts to purchase Grant Holt and Ross Turnbull this week, with Holt being especially anticipated by the fans, the big guy could do very well for Blackpool if it goes through.

And bids for Aaron Hughes to help fill the hole left in the wake of the Sylvain Distin transfer debacle last week, and striker Jermaine Beckford.

Holt and Beckford could form a classic CF ST partnership although that is unlikely to happen with Ross keen to play a targetman in the FAS system.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 8:17

Ross@Blackpool wrote:
Morning Paul,

Im tuned in all ready! lol

Morning Ross.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 8:26

Next up is Jamie at Schalke.

With Basic Turns the next opponent scout report is not included free, you need to use the NO special action code.

If you need a fixture list then you need to use the FL special action code.

I've added both of them to your turn this week.

Three reviews this week for Jamie, with Reus, Gotze and Badstuber under the spotlight. Dont know much about those guys so it should be interesting to find out. A change of formation from WIN to SLO for the euro game this week.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 8:32

Some good paper scout reports sent in by Jamie cut from my fav soccer mag World Soccer.

Mario Gotze, 19 a prodigious talent and a £30million price tag, maybe going to Arsenal for £25million, it'll be good to see him at Euro2012. He's currently a 9492 with 2 caps but Ive reviewed him up to a 9794 with 12 caps, then we'll see how he goes at the euros if he goes, which is not absolutely certain cos of his age, still only 19.

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Mon 20 Feb - 8:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 8:36

Paul, I crazily let Will post my turn from his apparently reliable post office... Can you let me know if it isn't with you?

Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 8:40

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul, I crazily let Will post my turn from his apparently reliable post office... Can you let me know if it isn't with you?

I have your turn thanks Rich
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 8:42

Marco Reus, 22 and off to Bayern maybe, not such a glowing report, he is currently a 9592. Has 3 caps and might go to euro2012, so I think he is about right for now, although I have upped his strength to 6.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 8:49

Holger Badstuber, 21 current international first choice CB alongside Mertesacker, 18 caps, 1 goal, will certainly improve with age but may be replaced in the nat team by Mats Hummels for the euros, but has a good future. Currently a 9492, so ive changed him to a 9794, certainly worth that and maybe more if we get to see him at the euros. Ive also changed him from LBLK to a CBLB.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 8:56

A few other interesting snippets amongst Jamie's scout reports also resulting in me reviewing a few other players as well. like Simon Kjaer and adding a few new internationals I'd not heard of as well. So there are a few ints in the nonl this week for you to scout next week.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 9:20

Next up is Stuart.

Keeping the team stable this week after three straight wins and confidence is high as the manager boasts his side will win the league this season.

Still a few deals though as he tries to bring in Claudio Marchisio, Adil Rami and Loic remy but might lose the hugely talented Thiago Alcantara.

Writing "undisclosed" in the amount column certainly made me smile but aint very helpful really Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 9:26

Next is Gary.

In a surprise move Chelsea switch Luis Suarez to play at playmaker, which will certainly help improve their MIX winger tactic but will it also impair their goal scoring ? that duty is now left to loan centre forward Eduardo, supported by Ramires from midfield.

Sampdoria also switch to playing with a playmaker and MIX but with dynamos.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 9:26

Undisclosed .... love it. Stu's leaving room for a Harry Redknapp style back hander.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 9:27

Paul Hemmings wrote:

Keeping the team stable this week after three straight wins and confidence is high as the manager boasts his side will win the league this season.

Nice to see confidence is high Stu!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 9:27

Will is next.

Warning BIG deal enclosed... is the message i'm greeted with... you gotta luv it Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 9:31

It certainly is abig deal as...

Fulham look set to sign Andy Carroll from Birmingham.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 9:33

Fulham also move to a 433 WIN formation with Bobby Zamora leading the line and James Milner supporting him from midfield. It'll be interesting to see how that works rather than the more usual 424 WIN formation.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 9:41

Rich at Leicester is next.

The hard working Ji Sung Park comes in on the right for the only team change and a big push for new sponsors is also a good move.

Rich thinks its time to offload the hugely talented Jose Kleberson, now 32, but still worth a cool £6millions, and with him moving from Flamengo back to his first team Atletico Paranense in real life it seems like a good move. Santos may well be putting in a bid next week.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 9:42

Paul, when you get a moment can you explain why the "F" i'm doing so well this season. Essentially all thats changed is two players - no Di Maria and no Mario Gomez, replaced my Rafinha and starting with Aquilani.

Last season I played slow but with flat back four plus PM P2 LH RW ST CF. I changed it pre-season to a 3-6-1 with two wing backs plus AM PM P2 DY. On paper i'm weaker than last season. maybe its the tactics....I had a pretty settled side most of last season but couldnt get a ST CF to work in slow, or LH RW combo for that matter. so...why the sudden upturn in fortunes? Smile

oh and undisclosed should obviously mean zero....as printed on rob's turn. i just fancied doing something different.

Last edited by Stuart@Roma on Mon 20 Feb - 9:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 9:43

Rich at Birmingham is next up.

I'm looking to see if he's confirmed the Andy Carroll deal...
Back to top Go down

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 9:44

Its easy stu, i can tell you whats happened.

You were away for what seemed like 6 months and couldnt tamper!

Simples. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 9:45

6 months, it was only three bloody turns lol. and they won all three. I was starting to win before that though....and draw a lot. even the back end of last season I was dominating games but not getting points. I had manager of the week for about 4 weeks in a row without winning a game between turns 18-21 i think.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 8 processing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 9:47

Stuart@Roma wrote:
Paul, when you get a moment can you explain why the "F" i'm doing so well this season.

Having declared you are odds on to win the league Stu, thought you might have an answer to this...?
Back to top Go down

Week 8 processing
Page 1 of 24Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next