Paul Hemmings
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Week 8 processing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 10:50

A change of tactics this week for the game at Old Trafford with Mark switching to the CAT system and bringing in Giovanni Dos Santos at target man and dropping super Mario Balotelli to the bench, leaving Diego Forlan upfront on his own to maybe pick off United. Super Mario has been a bit disappointing since joining from Inter Milan in a £21millions deal, with just 1 goal in 12 league games. Not a big return for Mark's £21millions, in fact it's probably the most expensive league goal ever in CF history Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 10:52

Ross@Blackpool wrote:
Stu,

Doing a solid job at Blackpool and Everton are not half thr side i left a few years ago in my eyes. Not interested and firmly happy at Blackpool. The job has got me back into the game in a big way and i now have a little more time to look at everything.

I will be in the prem within the next 3 seasons, trust me!

furry muff. whats your first team now after that pre-season wheeling and dealing? have you started winning games in league one now? you were struggling earlier on if i remember
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 10:55

Mark is trying to sign the hughly rated Ryan Taylor and is looking to also boost his fanbase, also always a great move each week.

Diego Forlan takes the target man role in europe this week in the huge revenge match against Schalke, leaving super Mario to hopefully grab the goals. Kolarov comes in at leftback to add his shooting prowess to the attack as well in what should be another great game between these two top sides. I'm looking forward to seeing this one.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 10:57

Mark's feeder club are looking to bring in two new players but take the neccessary step of listing two as well, as it is vital to keep squad sizes under control now.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 10:59

Jamie at Watford is up next, another huge turn in a very large envelope.

Again thanks for the combined cheque, appreciated, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:06

A change in defence for Jamie where Phil Jones drops back to the bench and Daniel Agger is recalled to the starting eleven as Watford go for experience over youth for the game at Norwich.

Abou Diaby also comes in to replace Mikel Arteta, who is rested this week, a sensible move considering the opponents and the stamina of Arteta.

A host of friendlies against lower league sides should pay dividends all round and help swell the bank coffers, although a few repairs to building equipment will negate some of the revenue increase.

Jamie is also tracking David Pizarro on trial from Fiorentina and could be a very useful signing despite his age.

Leon Osman looks like he is on his way out after being listed for £5millions.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:08

It's all change in europe for Watford ahead of their game against Brondby
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:12

Jamie's Ancona feeder club are doing much better this season amd sit seventh in Serie A which is a really good position for a feeder club.

A couple of new players this week as Jamie chases Cameroonian Carel Tiofack and the reallife wigan striker Rakish Bingham, as well as reviewing a couple of players as well.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:14

Ancona's first review is Stephan Lichtsteiner.

I dont know much about him and he is already a 9494 rated player so the scout reports need to be very specific and very persuasive.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:16

he's quality paul. best right back in italy this season. should be a 9797 imo. Smile

I don't know who has him, nut Lukasz Pizscezk has been equally impressive in Germany. He's polish though. I still hate the fact that nationality means everything. If either of these fellas fella were english they'd be in the england team i've no doubt.

Last edited by Stuart@Roma on Mon 20 Feb - 11:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:16

Unfortunately the scout reports are very clear and show extracts from goal.com's team of the week reports they dont really support jamie's claim that Lichtsteiner should be a 9797. They do show he is in good form and that means his CR should be matching his PT for his current level club, which is Juventus, so im feeling a 9494 is about right tbh.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:20

I disagree....Lichtsteiner is better than Glen Johnson. still, you're the boss Smile

Last edited by Stuart@Roma on Mon 20 Feb - 11:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:20

I need more detail on his performances before I can move his PTCR upwards but I have reviewed some of his skills and he now has 91 TS.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:27

Jamie also wants me to review Shinji Kagawa to 9797 but again dont know much about this guy and again the scout reports dont give much detail, again they are all taken from goal.com's team of the week reports. They too show he is probably about right at 9494.

For example one the snippets says he scored twice against Tajikistan. I dont think that sort of thing is worth a 9797 rating.

But snippets like sublime passes, clever movement and fantastic vision certainly help to get his skills correct.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:28

The last of the forum turns this week is from Phil at Arsenal.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:29

interesting.....paul...so any changes you make to skills on inputting are used for the game this turn? obviously if the TS are going up then I guess they don't gain those extra skills until they've been trained from friendlies etc, but they are trainable instantly? so if jamie plays friendlies this week and you increased lichtsteiner from 5ta to 6ta then he could go to 6ta this turn?

what if a players skills are going downwards? does this take effect immediately too Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:29

Stuart@Roma wrote:
I disagree....Lichtsteiner is better than Glen Johnson. still, you're the boss Smile

This is not saying alot really, in case you missed it Johno is now a 9595, and even that is abit high tbh, should probably be a 9494.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:31

good. haha. I thought he was still a 9797. whats micah richards rated?
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:34

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Stuart@Roma wrote:

This is not saying alot really, in case you missed it Johno is now a 9595, and even that is abit high tbh, should probably be a 9494.

Oh no - not good will have to get him reviewed again if he gets into the England side for the Euro's.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:34

Stuart@Roma wrote:
interesting.....paul...so any changes you make to skills on inputting are used for the game this turn? obviously if the TS are going up then I guess they don't gain those extra skills until they've been trained from friendlies etc, but they are trainable instantly? so if jamie plays friendlies this week and you increased lichtsteiner from 5ta to 6ta then he could go to 6ta this turn?

what if a players skills are going downwards? does this take effect immediately too Smile

Skills dont change until after the games are played, they only increase or decrease once you get the player on the training ground, which happens after the matches are played.

If I review somebodys PT shooting from 6 to 7 and you play him in a friendly and he gets a superb performance then that skill is flaged as an automatic increase during training, so he'll be guaranteed at least an increase of 1 shooting skill that week.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:36

Paul, what are your thoughts on my reviews?

Or did you get bored reading the reports?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:38

thanks....so if i have a player maxed on 6ta and reviewed him next week and he was changed to a potential of 7ta, then if i played a friendly and he got a superb then he could go straight up to his new max of 7? thats what i meantm in a nutshell. I used to think you had to wait another turn before the new skills could be obtained. seems not.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:38

Aaron Ramsey comes into the Arsenal side in place of the suspended Theo Walcott ( what are you feeding him on Phil ? didnt think he ever got booked ).

A few youngsters are looking to sign up for Phil's youth academy and he wants me to review Laurent Koscielny.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:39

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Stuart@Roma wrote:

Oh no - not good will have to get him reviewed again if he gets into the England side for the Euro's.

i'd be more worried about Kyle Walker and Micah Richards keeping him out of the squad mate! If he doesn't make the squad then he could get a bigger chop lol
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:41

I might review Thiago Silva next turn....what do you think paul...9999, best defender in the world at the moment
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb - 11:42

Laurent Koscielny 26 French int with 1 cap. so immediately im thinking 9494 but he is already a 9795. So now I need to see why ive over-rated him compared to other 9494s.

But Phil hasnt said what he wants me to review and has sent me eight pages to read through so this review will have to wait until I have more time.
Back to top Go down

Week 8 processing
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next